The People's Party (The People's Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:39:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22783 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: October 03, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »

This party is easily the best fit for me! I'm very excited at its creation, and even more excited by joining it.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 11:18:34 AM »

Chairman
[1] Duke
[  ] Write-in:

Vice Chairman
[1] Tmthforu94
[2] Nix
[  ] Write-in:

Secretary
[2] Spamage
[1] Cincinnatus
[  ] Write-in:
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2012, 04:56:13 PM by Mideast Assemblyman TexasDem »

We could also use a symbol and logo, although that's less important than the platform, of course.

Well, Wolfentoad and Spamage made logos already, but will we use either one of their's? I like Spamage's a lot (although I think we need a more bright, positive color than black).
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »

We could also use a symbol and logo, although that's less important than the platform, of course.

Well, Wolfentoad and Spamage made logos already, but will we use either one of their's? I like Spamage's a lot (although I think we need a more bright, positive color than black).

Yeah, we have quite a bit of work to do before the next election cycle. Platform, color, logo, etc..

I may try my hand at making one for the vote as well if I can find the time in the next few days.

As for our color... gold? sky blue? sounds like some aren't a fan of pink. Tongue

How about a bright green?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »

I would also like Duke and Spamage to run for the seats. We need to increase our influence on national governance, and these two would be strong, active Senators.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »

[1] Nix
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »

With simfan declining to run for reelection, it seems we need to run a candidate to maintain our awesome majority in the senate Tongue

Andrew? Cincinnatus? TXDem? Or, if no one is interested, we could just recruit one of the current candidates...

Is Duke interested in running?

Also, I'd like to encourage TPP to endorse my colleague Mr. X's bid for the Senate. He is a true moderate and has worked tirelessly for The People in the Assembly. Also, I'm glad Senator Franzl is running, and proud to endorse him.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »

I encourage our party to endorse Mr. X, Snowstalker, Barnes, and Hagrid. Spamage is also a good choice.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »

I believe that my colleague Mr. X has a strong case for your party's endorsement given that he is in coalition with your party in the MidEast assembly (as part of the Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus).

This is also a good point, and combined with his non-ideological, pragmatic record, which has produced great results for the Mideast Region (including the Immigration Reform Act and establishment of a balanced budget, among others), Mr. X should be a shoo-in for TPP nomination in the upcoming elections. While the Mideast Assembly will lose a great advocate of The People, Atlasia would gain one as a whole with his election.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2012, 11:25:44 PM by TexasDem »

[YES] - Snowstalker (Lab)
[YES] - Hagrid (Fed)
[NO] - Kalwejt (Oth)
[YES] - Spamage (Fed)
[YES] - Mr. X (Lib)
[YES] - Barnes (Lab)

I would have endorsed Goldwater, but he dropped out. As for JCL (who also dropped out), I appreciate his steadfastness and dedication to his controversial beliefs, but they are more than one step too far for me, although I don't think he's a bad person.

I have nothing against Kalwejt- I just haven't seen his campaign around too much and he didn't seek our endorsement. As for JCL, I appreciate his steadfastness and dedication to his controversial beliefs, but they are more than one step too far for me, although I don't think he's a bad person.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 06:30:25 AM »

Bacon King is a true man of The People.

It is an amazing honor to welcome him to their party.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »

I endorse The People's Platform unreservedly.

As do I.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 07:43:46 PM »

Why don't we call for the elimination and redistribution of the Midwest Region among the other regions of Atlasia? I don't see why a place which prides itself on its dysfunction, doesn't hold elections, and has a grand total of one voter during a constitutional amendment vote should still remain a sovereign region, but that might just be my opinion.

We could then have two classes of regional Senators, a set of four elected alongside the President, and another set of four elected alongside the At-Large Senators.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »

I'm not sure reducing the overall number of Senators is really a good way to go, either.

(But ignore me! I'm not a member of TPP, just chiming in!)

We could then have two classes of regional Senators, a set of four elected alongside the President, and another set of four elected alongside the At-Large Senators.

That would increase the overall number of Senators to 13.

(Off-topic- Wouldn't it be interesting to fun to the "Senior Senator from the Mideast" or the "Junior Senator from the Southeast", etc?)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2012, 11:29:09 PM by TexasDem »

I'm not sure reducing the overall number of Senators is really a good way to go, either.

(But ignore me! I'm not a member of TPP, just chiming in!)

That would increase the overall number of Senators to 13.

(Off-topic- Wouldn't it be interesting to fun to the "Senior Senator from the Mideast" or the "Junior Senator from the Southeast", etc?)

Ignore me too, but wouldn't abolishing at-large senators mean a huge disparity in voting power? Cause the bigger regions in Atlasia have more than twice the population as some of the smaller ones?

I never advocated abolishing the at-large Senate. I just suggested making two classes of regional Senators and eliminating the Midwest Region. So basically 5 at-large, and 8 regional, with two per region. Just a thought. Wink

I think we should ultimately keep the at-large and regional seats for compromise sake. I just advocated the regions be in charge of their own senate elections as opposed to them going in the federal voting booth. I'd like to see the regions take charge of the presidential election too, but that may be too much for The People to handle at once Tongue

I agree about regional Senate elections, but how exactly could the regions take charge of the presidential election?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »

I never advocated abolishing the at-large Senate. I just suggested making two classes of regional Senators and eliminating the Mideast Region.
Over my dead body.
The Midwest Region, I meant, sorry.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »

BTW, when and where will we have a TPP convention?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2012, 04:38:00 PM by TexasDem »

Here are some host cities I would suggest for our party's convention-
-Austin, Texas
-St. Louis, Missouri
-Virginia Beach, Virginia
-Honolulu, Hawaii
-Newport Beach, California

And I look forward to reading your final proposal on a regionally based Presidential Election System!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »

Seconded. I don't mind Buffalo either though.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »

It looks like the Labor Party will be holding their convention in Oakland, California, so I don't think we should go to Newport Beach, but Richmond and Buffalo are good choices.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »

[1]Richmond, VA
[2]Buffalo, NY
[3]Newport Beach, CA
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 08:20:43 PM »

The People should hold their election night party in the Bavarian beer garden.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:30 PM »

I'm very excited for our convention... and our election night party.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »

Mideast Governor
[1]Tmthforu (Fed)
[2]drj101(Lab)
[ ]No endorsement
[ ]Abstain

Mideast Assembly
[ ]Idaho Blue Dog Dem (Federalist-KY)
[X]Inks.LWC (Federalist-MI)
[X]ZuWo (Federalist-KY)
[ ]JCL (Federalist-IN)
[ ]Oldiesfreak1854 (Federalist-MI)
[X]Gass3268 (Labor-WI)
[ ]A Person (Labor-IL)
[X]Drj101 (Labor-VA)
[X]Clinton1996 (Liberal-VA)
[X]TexasDem (TPP-MO) - ENDORSED
[ ]No endorsement
[ ]Abstain

I didn't endorse ID because he hasn't campaigned yet, and JCL, Oldies, and A Person because of political disagreements, though I don't doubt their genuineness.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »

I will help out. I got access a few weeks ago. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies