PPP -- Ohio Obama 49 Romney 45
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:58:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP -- Ohio Obama 49 Romney 45
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PPP -- Ohio Obama 49 Romney 45  (Read 2145 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »

Putting aside the issue of whether or not the poll is some evil Dem plot to make Mittens look more viable than he is at the moment (sort of like a counterspy, counterspy spy on the counterspy in an overly complex spy novel), it's the trend baby. But a 4 point lead means Ohio is trending Dem hardly at all, maybe just a tad to dead even PVI. That's lifeboat country baby.

This trend is caused entirely by the racist videa, Torie, and will end in Romney taking Ohio by election day.  Your party can win on racism - it is the proven strategy for the GOP.

Where's the video to which you refer?  You aren't indulging in hyperbole are you opebo?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 08:45:34 AM »

Bad days for Romney when a poll that shows him down 4 in a must win state is good news.

Putting aside the issue of whether or not the poll is some evil Dem plot to make Mittens look more viable than he is at the moment (sort of like a counterspy, counterspy spy on the counterspy in an overly complex spy novel), it's the trend baby. But a 4 point lead means Ohio is trending Dem hardly at all, maybe just a tad to dead even PVI. That's lifeboat country baby. That's like what it wouuld be to the Japanese military regime if the USA dropped its entire inventory of two atom bombs on Japan, and both failed to ignite.

Torie, I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know which side this paragraph argues.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »

Romney is stuck at 45% or lower in every poll. He was at 45% in the last poll, that does not constitute a trend. Again, look at the numbers, Romney hasn't surged at all, he would have surge to create a trend. He's losing Ohio at this point, there is no arguing it.

Averaging this out with other polls, Obama is probably up about 5-6 points.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 08:54:30 AM »

Bad days for Romney when a poll that shows him down 4 in a must win state is good news.

Putting aside the issue of whether or not the poll is some evil Dem plot to make Mittens look more viable than he is at the moment (sort of like a counterspy, counterspy spy on the counterspy in an overly complex spy novel), it's the trend baby. But a 4 point lead means Ohio is trending Dem hardly at all, maybe just a tad to dead even PVI. That's lifeboat country baby. That's like what it wouuld be to the Japanese military regime if the USA dropped its entire inventory of two atom bombs on Japan, and both failed to ignite.

Torie, I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know which side this paragraph argues.

Ohio appeared to be managing to make it possible for Obama to win the election while losing the popular vote by 1% or something. This poll gets Ohio back to about an even PVI; not quite back to a 1% Pub PVI, but in the zone. Hope that helps.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »

Where's the video to which you refer?  You aren't indulging in hyperbole are you opebo?

Have you been hiding in some luxurious hole in the ground, Torie?  It is the video of the campaign, and the turning point which is going to get your boy elected.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 11:52:22 AM »

Have you been hiding in some luxurious hole in the ground, Torie?  It is the video of the campaign, and the turning point which is going to get your boy elected.

That looks like a news clip. I don't think so.  Heck, if the Rev Wright did not sink Obama last time, why on earth would some demonstrative black woman who gets off on "free" phones do the trick now?

I have my priorities opebo. Getting overly diverted by this lackluster campaign, with two cowards running against each other, is not one of the my chosen diversions at present.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 07:37:18 PM »

Why, exactly, are people running around like chickens with their heads cut off about this? This is noise.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 07:47:02 PM by ModerateCoward »

Why, exactly, are people running around like chickens with their heads cut off about this? This is noise.
Because Opebo does that.
Anybody notice how the only person honking in this white suburb was a garbage truck driver?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 05:14:57 AM »

Because Opebo does that.

I admit it, I do!  When I go back to the USA I feel uneasy and fearful the whole time.  I suppose it is irrational, but I don't like the USA and I assuming the worst about it and its citizens comes naturally to me.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 11:41:53 AM »

Putting aside the issue of whether or not the poll is some evil Dem plot to make Mittens look more viable than he is at the moment (sort of like a counterspy, counterspy spy on the counterspy in an overly complex spy novel), it's the trend baby. But a 4 point lead means Ohio is trending Dem hardly at all, maybe just a tad to dead even PVI. That's lifeboat country baby.

This trend is caused entirely by the racist videa, Torie, and will end in Romney taking Ohio by election day.  Your party can win on racism - it is the proven strategy for the GOP.

Torie: this.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies