Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:45:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney  (Read 3320 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2012, 03:18:11 PM »

Obama is using a down syndrome woman to tout Romney's 47% remark made last month. Brittany says the 47% is a part of her.

More info...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/01/obama-shamelessly-uses-down-syndrome-to-hit-romney
ill ind

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »

The latest faux Drudge "outrage of the day"

Ill_Ind
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »

Well she is part of the 47%.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »

So... the Obama campaign can't use someone who is part of the 47% Romney attacked in an ad?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »

Good. It was Romney, after all, that attempted to impose a fee upon the mentally disabled while Governor of Massachusetts.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »

I don't see what the problem is here, she is telling her story and demonstrating that the 47% cannot be all labeled as people sitting around lazily and doing nothing.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 03:31:32 PM »

Exposing a down syndrome woman is despicable and pretty low for the Obama campaign.  When Sarah Palin was against abortion of her daughter Trig, alot of Liberals lambasted her for a choice.  I find that hypocritical and desperate.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »

Yes the crime here is a letter on the Obama website. Not how Mitt Romney told a bunch of millionaires how half the country are people who consider themselves victims who refuse to take responsibility for their lives and will therefore be ignored. You are right, Obama is a monster!

And yes, I still contend that we need a "Drudge Obama Outrage Of The Day" megathread
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »

And yes, I still contend that we need a "Drudge Obama Outrage Of The Day" megathread

I was just about to post something like this as a "Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post." thing came up. I second the motion to create this thread.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »

Exposing a down syndrome woman is despicable and pretty low for the Obama campaign.  When Sarah Palin was against abortion of her daughter Trig, alot of Liberals lambasted her for a choice.  I find that hypocritical and desperate.

Nobody criticised Palin for keeping her child, but to say other people should not have the choice in her situation IS hypocritical.

Also, the suggestion that they're 'exposing' a girl with Down's Syndrome, is patronising in the extreme. As someone with severely disabled people in my family, I've been around lot's of people with disabilities, including Down's. They work, they have families and they are more than capable of making up their own minds and have their own opinions.  
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 03:39:53 PM by afleitch »

Are you f-cking serious? Do you think people with Down's Syndrome don't have opinions and don't want to be heard? You want them in a little bubble so they are 'protected'? She is a woman with opinions and she can voice them in an advert if she wants. It's her choice.

Moron.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »

Are you f-cking serious? Do you think people with Down's Syndrome don't have opinions and don't want to be heard? You want them in a little bubble so they are 'protected'? She is a woman with opinions and she can voice them in an advert if she wants. It's her choice.

Moron.
They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

Give me a break, take back your moron comment.

I beg your pardon? Do you realise how offensive what you just wrote is?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »

Moron.
They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

No I won't. You've just reinforced it.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »

Yes the crime here is a letter on the Obama website. Not how Mitt Romney told a bunch of millionaires how half the country are people who consider themselves victims who refuse to take responsibility for their lives and will therefore be ignored. You are right, Obama is a monster!

Agreed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »

They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

This demonstrates a serious ignorance on your part about persons with Down Syndrome. Most of them probably have better reasoning and critical thinking skills than a lot of right-wingers, who refuse to think for themselves and get all their talking points from conservative websites, which includes YOU.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 03:51:14 PM »

Here's a simple question: was the woman forced against her will to write the letter?  No?  Then what point are you trying to make with this?  You obviously think very little of disabled people if you believe they shouldn't be allowed to consciously aid political campaigns.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to do a lot better than this.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »

Moron.
They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

Whats more offensive is Obama catering to the lowest denominator to gain more votes when he has a poor record on the economy, over 8% unemployment and 26 million unemployed or under employed.  If Romney ever pandered to a specific audience,  alot of the media would be on him.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »

Moron.

So it's OK for Sarah Palin to use her Down Syndrome child as a prop for political gain without consent because the child was too young to make any form of consent ("Look at me! I'm so special because I didn't abort my child!") but it's somehow outrageous that an adult with Down Syndrome can write a letter expressing disagreement with a Republican attitude towards half the country?

I know a guy with Down's. He's worked at the place my mother has worked for over 20 years. He lives with his parents and does require some assistance, but he goes to work every day without fail and does his job.

I think the real issue here is that you are outraged by the fact that some people you would consider "helpless" and "moochers" actually have complex opinions and give back to the society in which they live.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 03:54:52 PM »

Moron.

Whats more offensive is Obama catering to the lowest denominator to gain more votes when he has a poor record on the economy, over 8% unemployment and 26 million unemployed or under employed.  If Romney ever pandered to a specific audience,  alot of the media would be on him.

Oh jeez...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 03:55:47 PM »

Moron.

Trying to deflect... classy.

Romney has done nothing but pander... trust me, Romney has the LCD locked up already... clearly.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »

Moron.

So it's OK for Sarah Palin to use her Down Syndrome child as a prop for political gain without consent because the child was too young to make any form of consent ("Look at me! I'm so special because I didn't abort my child!") but it's somehow outrageous that an adult with Down Syndrome can write a letter expressing disagreement with a Republican attitude towards half the country?

I know a guy with Down's. He's worked at the place my mother has worked for over 20 years. He lives with his parents and does require some assistance, but he goes to work every day without fail and does his job.

I think the real issue here is that you are outraged by the fact that some people you would consider "helpless" and "moochers" actually have complex opinions and give back to the society in which they live.
I was against Palin exposing her child for political gain also, that was a dumb move on her part.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 03:57:31 PM »

Moron.

Romney has repeatedly pandered to specific audiences...LOL

...47%
...brownface at Univision...
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »

Moron.

Oh jeez...

Yeah, that is real rich coming from a Romney supporter.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 04:00:12 PM »

Moron.

Romney has repeatedly pandered to specific audiences...LOL

...47%
...brownface at Univision...
What else would he of done, sit around and do nothing?  Expect a Obama blowout, right?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »

Moron.

I was against Palin exposing her child for political gain also, that was a dumb move on her part.

Then why did you even bring her up? NOBODY in the campaign never made a negative comment against Palin's child, and your faux outrage over supposed liberals saying she shouldn't have kept her baby has absolutely nothing to do with the campaigns - in particular, this campaign.

If that's the case, then I guess Romney has to answer for how his Tea Party supporters stomped on women's heads in Kentucky back in 2010 and how Sarah Palin put a "target" on Gabby Gifford's congressional district.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies