Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:29:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney  (Read 3325 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
« edited: October 01, 2012, 04:08:20 PM by 5280 »

Don't want to bring this up, it was a joke about his bad bowling and comparing them to special olympics, Obama then later apologized.  He should of not said it in the first place.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2009/03/president-ob-15-3/
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 04:08:59 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 04:10:40 PM by Former President Polnut »

Yeah, and I said at the time that what Obama said was offensive and he should apologise... and he did.

Although good on you for trying to muddy the issue...
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »

Let's face it, last week Drudge and Conservamedia served up the Obama phone lady as the representative  of the 47% to say "see, Romney was right".  

Anyone else standing up and claiming they are in the 47% is being exploited.

And no, they don't detect the irony
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »

Exposing a down syndrome woman is despicable and pretty low for the Obama campaign.  When Sarah Palin was against abortion of her daughter Trig, alot of Liberals lambasted her for a choice.  I find that hypocritical and desperate.

Are you f-cking serious? Do you think people with Down's Syndrome don't have opinions and don't want to be heard? You want them in a little bubble so they are 'protected'? She is a woman with opinions and she can voice them in an advert if she wants. It's her choice.

Moron.
They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

Give me a break, take back your moron comment.

I beg your pardon? Do you realise how offensive what you just wrote is?
Whats more offensive is Obama catering to the lowest denominator to gain more votes when he has a poor record on the economy, over 8% unemployment and 26 million unemployed or under employed.  If Romney ever pandered to a specific audience,  alot of the media would be on him.

Romney has repeatedly pandered to specific audiences...LOL

...47%
...brownface at Univision...
What else would he of done, sit around and do nothing?  Expect a Obama blowout, right?

Well that's pandering, so you just made my argument for me... Roll Eyes
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 04:48:59 PM »

Romney attacked 47% of the population. They have a right to defend themselves.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »

Mitt Romney's plan to eliminate medicaid would likely result in people with down syndrome and their families (and those with other costly disorders) going into bankruptcy and forgoing necessary medical treatment and medications. So this person has every right to attack Mitt Romney and his disgusting policies. He wants to take away the support this woman, her family and millions like them rely on so that he can cut himself and his buddies another tax break. Romney should be the one ashamed of himself, not Obama.
Link
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »

Don't want to bring this up, it was a joke about his bad bowling and comparing them to special olympics, Obama then later apologized.  He should of not said it in the first place.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2009/03/president-ob-15-3/

So Obama offended less than 0.14% (% of population with Down Syndrome) of the population and Romney offended 47% of the population so you are voting for Romney?!  Help me with that math.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »

Good.  Obama's campaign needs to pull out all the stops and go for the low blows and do whatever it takes, because the racism steamroller is out and headed their way.  They need to save at least a few of the less racist of the swing states - namely, NH, IA, CO, and WI.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »

Just when you thought the Obama campaign couldn't get any lower.

Shameful, absolutely shameful, exploiting a down syndrome individual in this manner, using her for their own selfish, crass, political purposes.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »

Shameful, absolutely shameful, exploiting a down syndrome individual in this manner, using her for their own selfish, crass, political purposes.

So her mere presence is exploiting her?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »

And Romney insulting a group that includes mostly people like this or in similarly unfortunate situations at his little oligarchs' sabbath last spring wasn't?
Mister Twister

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »

Exposing a down syndrome woman is despicable and pretty low for the Obama campaign.  When Sarah Palin was against abortion of her daughter Trig, alot of Liberals lambasted her for a choice.  I find that hypocritical and desperate.

Are you f-cking serious? Do you think people with Down's Syndrome don't have opinions and don't want to be heard? You want them in a little bubble so they are 'protected'? She is a woman with opinions and she can voice them in an advert if she wants. It's her choice.

Moron.
They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

Funny, because I don't think you've ever made anything resembling "rational reasoning" or "critical thinking" when it comes to politics.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »

Moron.
They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

Funny, because I don't think you've ever made anything resembling "rational reasoning" or "critical thinking" when it comes to politics.
Says the guy whose avatar is from a foreign country and knows the US policies the best.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 08:51:52 PM by Politico »

If that is fair game, then I fail to see how Obama Phone Lady is not. All is fair in love and war, right? THIS IS WAR...

Romney misspoke when he talked about what is happening, about the whole 47% thing. Tens of millions of people are hopeless in this economy, and Obama has not helped them nor will his relentless fear and smear campaign help them moving "forward." Which is worse? Seriously?
Ichabod
Kierkegaard
Rookie
Chile

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 09:17:22 PM »

Moron.

Says the guy whose avatar is from a foreign country and knows the US policies the best.

Is that impossible? Many, many US. citizens cannot find their own country in a map, but anyway, they think that the U.S. government can say to the rest of the countries how they have to live or govern.

This case is similar to Michael J. Fox speaking against Sen. Talent about stem cell research.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »

I think Magnet's level of hackishness has been way underrated so far. After all, he's also the guy who started a "ZOMGZ OBAMA SUPPORTS REDISTRIBUTION!!!!1!1!!!" thread.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 12:56:36 AM »

Good. It was Romney, after all, that attempted to impose a fee upon the mentally disabled while Governor of Massachusetts.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 05:10:34 AM »

Well good lord Winfield, Romney and Ryan would throw this woman under the bus in terms of gutting programs - how can saving her be 'using' her?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 07:20:54 AM »

Romney attacked 47% of the population. They have a right to defend themselves.

Exactly. Romney attacked this woman to raise money from his donors.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 07:25:41 AM »

I personally think it's absolutely sickening that you would say Obama "used" a Down Syndrome woman, he "exposed" her for political gain; it implies people with Down Syndrome people can't have their own political opinions and strong feelings about how things affect their lives. Do you believe disabled people are incapable of speaking out on their own? Because hey, they're just retards amirite?

Seriously; you're disgusting, Magnetic. This woman can speak out in her defense and she should do so if she believes in it. People with disabilities are not braindead props.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 08:02:13 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2012, 08:08:08 AM by Politico »

Some of you people make me disgraced to be a lifelong Democrat. This ad is sickening. Romney made a mistake in how he tried to explain what is happening in this country. All of us are guilty of choosing poor wording from time to time, or saying things we wish we could take back. That does not mean we can start accusing Romney of being a monster who wants to cripple seniors, people with down syndrome, veterans, etc.

What happened to "hope and change"? What happened to "there are no red states and no blue states; just the United States"?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »

What happened to "hope and change"? What happened to "there are no red states and no blue states; just the United States"?

Probably from abour day one when the GOP said their number one priority was to defeat Barack Obama.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2012, 08:20:13 AM by Politico »

Probably from abour day one when the GOP said their number one priority was to defeat Barack Obama.

Bill Clinton had no problem working with Newt Gingrich, and Gingrich certainly did a lot more to try and hurt Clinton on a personal level than anybody has done to Obama these past four years. What's Obama's problem? Simply in over his head?

Obama needs to man up and take responsibility for the past three years. This is pathetic. The public is only going to cut the guy so much slack. I refuse to believe more than 46.5% +/- 2% will vote for four more years of this...
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »

Oh my days, we're only a few weeks out of the Paralympics and people are talking like this? If she is being exploited then so is every member of the public ever featured in a political ad ever.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »

This is an awful, awful thread of pure awfulness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies