Obama opens massive lead in New Hampshire.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:14:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Obama opens massive lead in New Hampshire.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Obama opens massive lead in New Hampshire.  (Read 1602 times)
pa2011
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/politics/Poll-shows-Obama-with-15-point-lead-in-NH/-/9857748/16806904/-/evbu84z/-/index.html

Granite State Poll -- Obama 52. Romney 37.

May be an outlier, but seems increasingly clear Obama is leading in New Hampshire.

Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »

Turning into East Vermont?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »

We'd easily retake both House seats if this is true.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=47.msg30073#msg30073
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

The media maps are now showing Obama with 265 in his safe/lean column (giving him OH and WI). If Romney closes the race then Obama's last line of defense could be WI+OH+1 more state. However NH cant be that state as it would only give him 269. So it is surprising to see how much money Obama has flooded into NH
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »

Uh... no... I think Obama's ahead, but it's one of the more precarious swingers.
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 05:34:13 PM »

\

Not sure what the link/poll proves, since it was taken in February 2004, 10 months before the election, in 2004. Don't think the poll was wrong just because in February 2004,as the war in Iraq was quickly spiraling downward for US,  it showed that New Hampshire voters didn't like Bush.  Also, Kerry went on to win New Hampshire, albeit narrowly.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 05:35:44 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 05:37:22 PM by Skill and Chance »

The media maps are now showing Obama with 265 in his safe/lean column (giving him OH and WI). If Romney closes the race then Obama's last line of defense could be WI+OH+1 more state. However NH cant be that state as it would only give him 269. So it is surprising to see how much money Obama has flooded into NH

It is a little odd.  My best guess is that they know something we don't about WI and are afraid of this:

Or this:

NH would save Obama in both maps.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 05:47:53 PM »

It's hard to believe -- unless new Hampshire is becoming indistinguishable from other New England states. Barack Obama won the state by 'only' 9% while other states in New England went by large double-digit margins.

It's 52-37, and undecided voters probably go ineffectively to the eventual loser. I don't see President Obama winning the state by 15%... maybe 12% max. But he is above 50% in NH, suggesting that the only state in the northeastern quadrant that has any chance of going to Romney is Indiana.

Collapses happen around October, and nobody can say that Romney isn't having a collapse.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »

But its so ugly to have that patch of blue in the middle of all that red!
ajb
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »

But its so ugly to have that patch of blue in the middle of all that red!
NH is, of course, a pretty expensive state to advertise "in."
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »

While NH is expensive, that doesn't explain why the Obama campaign has doubled the NH spend, totaling $3M in the last two weeks (vs. $500k for Romney). Even though NH has the fewest EVs it is Obama's 4th biggest spend for a state. For Romney it is their smallest ad spend.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »

NH is moving towards safe Obama for sure.  The Ol' B***k Magic that's been brought to bear in Ohio, etc, just doesn't work there.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »

This polls junk and even Andy Smith who works in the poli-sci department at UNH (though I didn't have him as a professor) will probably tell you that, like he did the last poll that was O+5.  Romney, Obama and Biden were both here on September 7th.  Biden and Ryan have been here every 2 weeks since.  Chris Christie has been to the state.  Bill Clinton is coming on Wednesday (and they wouldn't deploy him here unless they needed him.  I think the internals are pretty bad for dems judging by the number of appearances they're making, and anecdotally, it isn't looking too pretty (though I know that isn't a good measure).
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 06:24:49 PM »

It is a little odd.  My best guess is that they know something we don't about WI and are afraid of this:

Or this:

NH would save Obama in both maps.

Sorry, but Romney is Not gonna win Colorado.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »

This polls junk and even Andy Smith who works in the poli-sci department at UNH (though I didn't have him as a professor) will probably tell you that, like he did the last poll that was O+5.  Romney, Obama and Biden were both here on September 7th.  Biden and Ryan have been here every 2 weeks since.  Chris Christie has been to the state.  Bill Clinton is coming on Wednesday (and they wouldn't deploy him here unless they needed him.  I think the internals are pretty bad for dems judging by the number of appearances they're making, and anecdotally, it isn't looking too pretty (though I know that isn't a good measure).

Depends what you mean by 'bad' NH is a crucial part of the Obama firewall, if it's any less than 5% in the internals, you're going to work your arse off to defend it.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »

Collapses happen, and Obama up 15 in New Hampshire is consistent with the Quinnipiac polls for Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania today. Neither U-New Hampshire nor Quinnipiac has been particularly D-friendly to date in polling results.   
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »

Doubt it.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »

Collapses happen, and Obama up 15 in New Hampshire is consistent with the Quinnipiac polls for Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania today. Neither U-New Hampshire nor Quinnipiac has been particularly D-friendly to date in polling results.   

Obama is not up 15 in NH... full stop. He's also not really up by 9 in FL or 10 in OH....

PA is the only one where there is a decent consistent 8%+ lead...
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 06:46:15 PM by pbrower2a »

Obama is not up 15 in NH... full stop. He's also not really up by 9 in FL or 10 in OH....

I said that such is consistent with a Romney collapse. I did not say that Mitt Romney had collapsed in the election. But I can now say that such numbers, if genuine, are consistent only with a Romney collapse.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

I said that such is consistent with a Romney collapse. I did not say that Mitt Romney had collapsed in the election. But I can now say that such numbers, if genuine, are consistent only with a Romney collapse.

It's a week-old poll (FL/OH/PA) and CBS News announced it. Sorry about that. A week-old poll in any one of those three states is obsolete.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 07:49:24 PM »

Chris Christie has been to the state? That explains it.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

I have Obama with 275 EVs locked in. 

Where is Mittens path to victory?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »

Obama is definitely ahead here. It's not a 15% margin.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 11:02:08 PM »

NH is moving towards safe Obama for sure.  The Ol' B***k Magic that's been brought to bear in Ohio, etc, just doesn't work there.
If I was running Obama's campaign, and  was afraid of the obamaphone video, the first thing that should be done is sending Biden and Clinton on the campaign trail in Ohio. The second one would be to promise Ohio union leaders spoils for using more crude messaging to harass the uncompliant members into voting correctly, citing negative reasons for turnout, and causing anxiety among their ranks.

For example see this ad, but more explicit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLo0Jwj03JU

But I don't think that video will go above 10 million views, at least until Republican PACs run it, so such measures are not warranted yet.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies