MA: Environmental Responsibility Tax (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Environmental Responsibility Tax (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Environmental Responsibility Tax (Statute)  (Read 2216 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: October 19, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »

I agree these increases are too much. I'd go with 17 cents per gallon for gasoline, and 15 for diesel. In order to reduce dependence on fossil fuels as a primary energy resource, it's very important for prices to be increased, but many middle class families will have trouble adjusting to a change of that magnitude at this time.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 04:27:09 PM »

I agree these increases are too much. I'd go with 17 cents per gallon for gasoline, and 15 for diesel. In order to reduce dependence on fossil fuels as a primary energy resource, it's very important for prices to be increased, but many middle class families will have trouble adjusting to a change of that magnitude at this time.

These numbers are slightly higher than, although are mainly in line with, current taxes in America.

I'm aware of that, but I still fear it'll be too drastic of a change at this time. If we can successfully pass a smaller increase now, perhaps they can be further increased and set at your proposed levels in future sessions of the assembly.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »

I'd like to amend the bill to read the following.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2012, 04:53:25 PM by Mideast Assemblyman TexasDem »

1. Nay

2. Aye

The fuel taxes imposed in other regions and in America have changed my mind on my own amendment, so I will not be supporting it anymore.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »

Is voting over on the amendment? If so, can we move to a final vote on this bill, Mr. Speaker? There seems to be unanimous support for it, and it will play a huge role in reducing our deficit, reducing dependence on oil, and protecting our environment.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »

Is everyone okay with the current percentages, or does anyone feel like we should even go higher? Our rates are still actually lower than many states - this would still be a cut for many regions, which would promote more dependence on oil. Wink

I think I will go ahead and propose this amendment, though I will still vote for the bill in the current amended form if it does not pass.

These rates are still lower than the national average, and even lower than those of most Mideastern states in reality.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

These rates are still lower than the national average, and even lower than those of most Mideastern states in reality.

Mr. Speaker, please stop the vote and bring forth the following amendment (or accept it as friendly, as I think just about everyone else supports it).
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 08:24:54 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies