Will Drudge finally release the Whitey Tape tonight?!?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:05:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Drudge finally release the Whitey Tape tonight?!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Will Drudge finally release the Whitey Tape tonight?!?  (Read 8927 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »

Oh my god guys. I just realized I have an Obama bumper sticker on my car! Do you think I'll be able to drive around town tomorrow without getting my windshield smashed in by roaming bands of middle aged white men?

The coming race war is nigh.
What if you're one of dem elitist Hollywood liberal Jewish white guys like me? What do I do?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2012, 07:32:07 PM »

Talk about desperation......
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »

Glad I abandoned this thread two pages ago
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »

Subtly changing your dialect/accent to match who you're talking to (whether it's in a speech or to just a random person) is a natural thing that all people do. There's nothing political about it. I'm sure someone on this forum who knows more about sociolinguistics can fill us in.

It's actually often an unconscious thing that people do.

Apparently when I'm more 'trashy' parts, my accent is a little-less polished. I certainly don't deliberately do it, lol.

Right, exactly. Over the summer I was on a bus, and I was talking to the black bus driver, and I distinctly remember dropping the g's in my speech, without doing so on purpose. Reflecting the dialect/accent of your audience in your own speech is just a natural and unconscious thing that most people do. There's nothing sinister or political about Obama doing it here.

If Obama had been spending time talking with the audience or other people in the area that could be it. It seems like more of a southern rather than a northern black voice to my ears, but it comes and goes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »

Holy sh**t, are you guys watching Hannity?  They're actually splicing two speeches nearly a year apart together to get "the real Barack Obama."

This is ridiculous.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »

It's not "southern" or "northern" it's just "pastor-y." He's speaking in a church, so in the course of it he starts speaking more like a black preacher. His style of speaking as always been sort of sermon-like. There's nothing weird about it and it's not even an issue of "accent."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »

lol Hannity talking about how terrible it is for Obama to generate divineness, hatred, and fear for political gain.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2012, 08:15:21 PM »

Watching it now...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

It's not "southern" or "northern" it's just "pastor-y." He's speaking in a church, so in the course of it he starts speaking more like a black preacher. His style of speaking as always been sort of sermon-like. There's nothing weird about it and it's not even an issue of "accent."

Yeah, but I bet if Mitt Romney started speaking like a black preacher you'd complain about it being "racist".

Checkmate, liebirals.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »

I tuned into Hannity and all I heard was black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, Jeramiah Wright, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, Obama, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black

The general issue they seem to have is that back in 2007 when Obama was running in the Democratic primary he gave a speech to black audience while being black himself
ill ind

« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »

I was #4 commenting on this thread and my opinion hasn't changed.  A whole lot of hulaballoo about nothing.

Ill Ind
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »

lol Hannity talking about how terrible it is for Obama to generate divineness, hatred, and fear for political gain.

LOL you can't make this sh**t up. This is so hypocritical....
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »

Well folks, it seems like we dodged a bullet today. Make no mistake: this video has surely put the more racist states like North Carolina, Virginia and Ohio firmly in Romney's column, but I don't think it's damaging enough to completely erase Obama's lead in Wisconsin, Colorado, Iowa and Nevada. We can still pull off a narrow victory. Forward.

Also when did Tucker Carlson turn into a trashy Fox hack? He used to be kind of an okay journalist, didn't he?
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »

Well folks, it seems like we dodged a bullet today. Make no mistake: this video has surely put the more racist states like North Carolina, Virginia and Ohio firmly in Romney's column, but I don't think it's damaging enough to completely erase Obama's lead in Wisconsin, Colorado, Iowa and Nevada. We can still pull off a narrow victory. Forward.

Also when did Tucker Carlson turn into a trashy Fox hack? He used to be kind of an okay journalist, didn't he?
He worked for Crossfire on CNN for a few years.
dirks

« Reply #139 on: October 02, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2012, 08:50:07 PM by dirks »

Not shocked, a clear response to the 47%

His accent is so weird though...I don't know where he conjured that up. And you don't want to invoke Rev. Wright again...

Let's see how the MSM runs with it, but a clear shot to Obamas solarplexius before the debates.

You're delusional if you don't this will have some impact on the race. Questions is how big. I never thought the swift boating would escalate to the point it did.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »

This certainly isn't the only time Obama has used his "blackified accent" in public. Hell, I've seen Hillary Clinton use one in front of black crowds... it's goofy and pretty phony but it isn't a big deal.

As for the actual comments he made, I can't see how anything he said would come off as controversial except with people who were already voting against him.

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2012, 08:05:44 AM by Politico »

Why release the Whitey tape now? Better to wait until shortly before the election, like Gore did with the DUI secret in Bush's closet.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »

Why release the Whitey tape now? Better to wait until two weeks before the election, like Gore did with the DUI secret in Bush's closet.

Because the Whitey Tape doesn't exist? Just a thought...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »

Why release the Whitey tape now? Better to wait until two weeks before the election, like Gore did with the DUI secret in Bush's closet.

Politico I hate to break it to you but Obama was already elected President four years ago.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »

Politico I hate to break it to you but Obama was already elected President four years ago.

If you had that tape four years ago, what would you have done with it then? And now?
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2012, 09:30:59 PM »

This certainly isn't the only time Obama has used his "blackified accent" in public. Hell, I've seen Hillary Clinton use one in front of black crowds... it's goofy and pretty phony but it isn't a big deal.

As for the actual comments he made, I can't see how anything he said would come off as controversial except with people who were already voting against him.

They are controversial, but you're right, they won't come off as such.  It just proves that Obama has a chip on his shoulder and wants to make people pay.  It doesn't matter what group it is, he will exploit it for his own gain.  I must say it's quite smart though, easy to form a mob when all you do is talk about how people are taking advantage of them and they need to get vengeance.  

Everything about this guy is pure vengeance and rage.  I'm not quite sure that it isn't some sort of divine justice that we have him as president destroying the country.  Our sin of slavery comes back on us or more importantly, our chickens coming home to roost.

The very fact that he is president makes blacks equal to whites in this country.  It is an affirmation of the American dream.  There is no unbalancing, no place that a black man or woman can't reach.  Overt insitutional racism ceased to exist the moment he became president.  At that moment, the president should have used his opportunity to lift blacks out of poverty by ending this us against them talk, ending programs that make them dependent on government for every need, ending affirmative action and cracking down on gang violence in this country.  I mean for heaven's sake, you have his own city, Chicago, immersed in the worst gang violence in the country.  His former chief of staff, Rahm Emmanuel, is mayor and barely lifts a finger by saying "please just don't hurt the kids".  Obama could have created fundamental change in this country.  If that man were conservative, if he used his talents God gave him for good instead of evil, he would have succeeded.  He would have united this country in a way it hasn't been since the 80s.  
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36:08 PM »

I've always felt it would have been better if the first minority President, particularly the first black President, were a Republican. In a true post-racial country, blacks would vote around 70% Democratic, not around 90-95%, and whites would vote Democratic in higher number sufficient so that 25-30% of blacks going Republican would keep politics competitive, particularly in the south.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »

They are controversial, but you're right, they won't come off as such.  It just proves that Obama has a chip on his shoulder and wants to make people pay.  It doesn't matter what group it is, he will exploit it for his own gain.  I must say it's quite smart though, easy to form a mob when all you do is talk about how people are taking advantage of them and they need to get vengeance.  

Everything about this guy is pure vengeance and rage.  I'm not quite sure that it isn't some sort of divine justice that we have him as president destroying the country.  Our sin of slavery comes back on us or more importantly, our chickens coming home to roost.

The very fact that he is president makes blacks equal to whites in this country.  It is an affirmation of the American dream.  There is no unbalancing, no place that a black man or woman can't reach.  Overt insitutional racism ceased to exist the moment he became president.  At that moment, the president should have used his opportunity to lift blacks out of poverty by ending this us against them talk, ending programs that make them dependent on government for every need, ending affirmative action and cracking down on gang violence in this country.  I mean for heaven's sake, you have his own city, Chicago, immersed in the worst gang violence in the country.  His former chief of staff, Rahm Emmanuel, is mayor and barely lifts a finger by saying "please just don't hurt the kids".  Obama could have created fundamental change in this country.  If that man were conservative, if he used his talents God gave him for good instead of evil, he would have succeeded.  He would have united this country in a way it hasn't been since the 80s.

LOL at the idea that the country was united in the 80s...

...as to the rest of your garbage... Roll Eyes
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2012, 09:42:34 PM »

The only thing that I could see is that Obama is the bullet, at least in regard to the black community from an economic standpoint.

The "accent" was more pronounced in the SC speech, which I called the greatest public speech since the "I Have a Dream" speech.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2012, 09:54:30 PM »

LOL at the idea that the country was united in the 80s...

...as to the rest of your garbage... Roll Eyes
It was united in the 80s.  There was a small minority that opposed Reagan and opposed the direction of the country.  You can't win over everyone, but it was the most united the country had been for 40-50 years since WWII.  There is nothing incorrect about what I said.  He could have been everything he said he was in 2008, a uniting figure that bridged the divide in race in this country.  He's not.  In fact, he and his allies in the media have been doing their best to keep that divide alive.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies