Is the Tea Party clown show for real? Inane comment about Indiana Senate race.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:28:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is the Tea Party clown show for real? Inane comment about Indiana Senate race.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the Tea Party clown show for real? Inane comment about Indiana Senate race.  (Read 510 times)
Link
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2012, 02:52:37 PM by Link »

Monica Boyer co-founder of an Indiana Tea Party group expressed her thoughts on the current Senate race between the Tea Party incumbent Mourdock and the more moderate Democratic challenger Donnelly.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link.

Sooo... She thinks if Mother Teresa were alive she would be against Obamacare?!  Does she know who Mother Teresa is or what she did? I guess she thinks Mother Teresa worked at Bain Capital or something.  This is why I can't vote for these people.  It's not just that I don't agree with their positions it's that their thought process doesn't even make any sense.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »

Uh, it looks like you misunderstood her.  Try reading it as "he could associate himself with [really good person] and he would still have [really bad thing] on his record."
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »

Mother Teresa was really into helping the 47%.

Doubt the Tea Party will see such a woman as a really good person.
Link
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »

Uh, it looks like you misunderstood her.  Try reading it as "he could associate himself with [really good person] and he would still have [really bad thing] on his record."

That's exactly how I read it.  The Tea Party simply doesn't know why Mother Teresa was a "good person" or what her views were.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »

The Tea Party is fully comprised of violent racists, so this isn't surprising in the least.

Way to generalize, buddy. How about this: how about I characterize your side as "fully comprised" of arrogant, tree-hugging hippie weedheads?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 07:36:49 AM »

Yea, Mondale, going ballistic isn't going to make them disappear and taking their existance as a personal affront isn't going to be very good for your health.

The point the women makes is a valid criticism of supposed moderate Democrats like Joe Donnelly. He votes somewhat moderate until Pelosi desperately needs his vote on something, and then he will be there for her every time. That was how it was with ACA and it will likely be the same way with Reid if he is elected to the Senate. Considering that Romney is up double digits in the only polling we have and it is fairly reliable, this argument should be enough to ensure Mourdock wins if only by a razor thin margin. Provided Mourdock doesn't make any mistakes going forward, that is.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »

I don't think that Tea Partiers are hateful or violent or stupid,  and I agree with their basic goals, but I honestly don't like the Tea Party movement very much.  They are endangering the future of the Republican Party with candidates that are too extreme for the general public and nominating them over more delectable candidates all in the name of ideological purity.  I'm a conservative too, but if I'm starving to death, I'd rather have half a loaf of bread than none at all.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 02:49:08 AM »

No... he's not saying Mother Theresa would be against it.  He's merely saying he could be endorsed by a great person but still have a major flaw.  You could remove Mother Theresa and put in Jesus or Elmo (or Big Bird after tonight) or puppies.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies