Oakvale for Pacific Senator: Thank you!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale for Pacific Senator: Thank you!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oakvale for Pacific Senator: Thank you!  (Read 1599 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2012, 04:40:21 PM by Senator-elect Oakvale »

INFORMAL CAMPAIGN LAUNCH

Hey fellow Pacificians!

I'm just putting this thread up a little early to let you all know that I'm running to be your regional Senator in this month's elections. As many of you know, I've been a Supreme Court Justice, Senator, and candidate for the Presidency, but, most of all, I had the privilege to serve as Governor of the Pacific for two terms, during which we reformed and reinvigorated a region that, all too often, had a reputation as staid and lifeless.

I'm heartened to see Governor Spamage endeavouring to do the same, particularly since the elected legislature idea was one of my administration's more ambitious reforms in my time in office. Smiley

Anyway, I'll have a formal announcement speech in the coming days and the campaign proper will get underway. I'm looking forward to a tough and interesting race with sbane. Smiley

Thanks!

- oakvale

Former Governor of the Pacific
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley Best of luck.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »

The People endorse you! And so do I. Good luck, even though my endorsement means nothing. Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »

You also have my pointless inter-regional endorsement. Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »

You've definitely got my full support!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2012, 07:40:20 PM by Oakvale »

Thanks to my old friend Tmth, Duke, everyone, and especially Governor Spamage for their support - from what I've seen of your time in office, Governor, you certainly have the drive and potential to restore activity to our region, and have my enthusiastic support in your efforts to do so! Smiley

EDIT: And to my friend, and a former Governor, Snowstalker, for his support -

Proud to endorse my friend Oakvale for Pacific Senate!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:50:27 PM »

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 05:12:10 AM »

OAK!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

Am I to take this as support? Wink
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 10:25:38 AM »

No, I'm just happy you're back.  Grin  I'm undecided right now.  Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »

New Ad: Hiding

[Even more sinister music than in Sbane's ad]

VOICE-OVER: Senator Sbane tells us he's registered in California. He tells us we should just take his word for it.

[Picture of Sbane looking evil]

VOICE-OVER: But then why won't he release his registration certificate? Maybe it's because... he's actually registered in Kenya, and is ineligible to be  our Senator.

[Bald eagle looking mournfully off into the horizon]

VOICE-OVER: Sbane: What's he hiding?

[Upbeat music]

[Video of Oakvale hugging an old lady or something]

OAKVALE: I'm Oakvale, and I approve this message.

Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 11:28:10 AM »

Question:

What is your opinion of Mustafinism-Komovism?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 03:46:20 PM by Oakvale »

PRESS RELEASE:

I will be formally launching my Senate bid with a speech tomorrow Monday in Los Angeles. Smiley

Additionally, I'm greatly encouraged by the results of the ScottSurveys/Porcupine poll showing that I've taken an early lead in the race - it's clear that this is going to be one of the country's most competitive Senate races, and I'm looking forward to the campaign.

In the meantime, I'm pleased the announce that our official campaign song will be Sugar's 90s pop classic, If I Can't Change Your Mind.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »

FMR. GOVERNOR OAKVALE'S REMARKS AT CITY HALL, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

Hey everyone! Smiley

In the time since I initially declared my candidacy I've been honoured and humbled to receive endorsements from such Atlasian luminaries as my old friend, Governor Tmth, from Snowstalker, Duke, and of course, from our region’s great Governor, Spammage. And this evening, I am formally launching my campaign to become the next Senator for the Pacific.

It’s an exciting time in Atlasia – the malaise that’s all too often plagued this game is showing signs of receding, with a close Presidential race between three  very capable candidates and also that gymnastics GIF ticket, and with a new political party arriving on the scene and shaking things up. And I'm excited to be back in Atlasian political life after a long and – if I do say so myself Wink – deserved break.

Pacificians, you know my record – as a Justice and a member of the Senate, but, most importantly to me, I had the good fortune to serve as the 8th Governor of the Pacific for two terms.  Smiley

I was Lieutenant Governor under Ebowed, and then ascended to the Governor’s mansion when President Purple State appointed Ebowed to the Supreme Court. (Amusingly, I’d later succeed Ebowed again when President Tmth appointed me to fill his seat on the Court).

I went on to be elected as Governor twice in my own right, and, working with citizens of all political stripes – liberals like Fuzzybigfoot, moderates like my Lt. Gov, ArchangelZero, and conservative populists like realisticidealist - on an ambitious agenda of regional reform, trying to kick some life into into a region that had, sadly, gained a reputation for stagnancy and decline. We passed legislation incorporating all kinds of ideas from across the spectrum, created new government positions in an effort to stir up interest, and even, after a protracted debate, introduced, on a trial basis, a first in Atlasian history – a bicameral legislature, a hard-fought compromise borne from my original idea of an elected legislature, which I’m thrilled to see Governor Spammage introducing at long last.

Now, eventually, successive administrations discontinued the program (RIP ‘Pacific Council’ Wink), but that kind of bold experimentalism is the kind of thinking I’ll  bring to Nyman as the region’s representative in the Senate – not everything we tried worked, but we weren't afraid to try.

Over a long career in Atlasia I've sat on the Supreme Court, served in the Senate, and even ran for the Presidency. If you give me the privilege to serve as our region’s Senator, I promise you this – I will fight on behalf of our the Pacific, and on behalf of the country as a whole, not just for the liberal personal values I hold dear – to protect healthcare, the rights of our workers, the personal freedom of our citizens, our social safety net - but for a pragmatic, progressive consensus.

You know me -  I don’t like to leave people out in the cold. As the Pacific’s Senator, I will work with Senators of all stripes and party backgrounds, and with President Napoleon,  just as I did as Governor of this great region, and I will do my very best to make this region proud.

The campaign is just getting under way, and I look forward to a tough and vigorous debate and exchange of ideas against the very capable incumbent, Sbane.  And hey, if nothing else, we'll at least give the Pacific a competitive election for a change. Tongue

Thank you all, and Dave bless!  Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »

I gladly endorse you, Oakvale! 
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 02:13:41 AM »

Endorsed
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 04:40:07 PM »

REMARKS ON THE ELECTION RESULTS

Hey everyone! Smiley

The results haven't been certified yet, so I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but we appear to have won this race, and I have been elected as the Pacific's next Senator.

I've messaged Sbane to thank him for running a positive campaign and expressed my hope that he'll return to the game - and to the Senate - at some point soon. I'd also like to - and I think it's safe to say this now - congratulate the President on his impressive re-election and to send my condolences to my friend Snowstalker, who ran a great campaign but ultimately came up short.

I won't give a long speech, but I'd just like to thank everyone who voted for me - many crossing party lines to do so - and to all those from this and other regions who voiced their support for me. Thank you!

I look forward to working on your behalf as the next Senator for the Pacific. Smiley

- oakvale

Senator-elect for the Pacific
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »

Congratulations!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »

Congrats, Senator!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »

The Pacific had two excellent candidates this election - it's a shame only one of you could win.

Congratulations! Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »

Congratulations, Oakvale!
Pages: [1]