Dr. Cynic for Northeast Assembly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:45:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dr. Cynic for Northeast Assembly
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dr. Cynic for Northeast Assembly  (Read 410 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:00:53 AM »

I figure that I probably won't win, but this is as good as spot as any to come back. In my first go around in the early days of the Assembly, I did my best to serve the Northeast. I'd like to try to do so again.

I'll accept endorsements, questions or negative feedback in this thread. After all, I probably won't win, but it'd sure be fun trying to get involved again.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:05:05 AM »

I endorse you for the general election. Smiley  (There's already a candidate in the special election I endorsed. Tongue)

Would you be interested in partaking in the debate later this month?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 12:13:22 AM »

Alright then (I'm not running in the special election, so it's all good). Smiley

I would be happy to.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 12:10:51 PM »

Well, anyone have any questions? I mean I did create this nice thread and all Wink
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

What will be your policy on energy?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »

Well, anyone have any questions? I mean I did create this nice thread and all Wink

Policy-related interests?

Employment. Especially employment in green jobs.

The other issue is activity. I'd like to be an advocate for more political activity in the region however possible. That includes sponsoring legislation written by citizens and I'd like to introduce weekly NE town halls for all available representatives and citizens to take part in.

When I was a member of the early Assemblies, I wrote a bill specifically for conversion and added employment in green jobs. I really want to promote safe and renewable energy in any way possible without the so called "loss of jobs" that people worry about.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »

---My policy plan on infrastructure and investments---

I'd like to sponsor a bill which would add additional improvements to roads and bridges that take severe poundings in the awful winters we get here. In my hometown of Pittsburgh, we always have patchy roadwork in the summer causing delays for commuters and not really fixing the problem as a whole, rather simply applying a band-aid. I'd like to see us invest further in fixing the roads fully rather than just applying band-aids to the problem. I will sponsor legislation which will add jobs and improve our suffering infrastructure. Much of the paved roads in and around my home area are extremely old. I want to fix the problem completely with new pavement that will last longer and will not inconvenience drivers and public transportation vehicles.

Bridges are in dire need of repair. Many are more than 100 years old and are falling into disrepair. That's why we need to build new ones and replace the old bridges which are dangerous to the public safety. We need regular inspections of old bridges and if they are failing, they need to be replaced. Atlasia deserves it and the Northeast deserves it. We deserve it.

Finally, improvements in rail and air logistics. I'd like to sponsor rail and locomotive improvements. More trains would reduce waiting time for travelers all over the Northeast and it would add additional jobs for engineers, conductors, board operators and station personnel.

As far as air travel goes, we need to make air travel safe and convenient for everyone. That's why I'd like to sponsor subsidies to airlines who have safe records and efficient waiting times for passengers. If an airline has a record for safety and efficiency, it should not be struggling. I'd also like to find ways to make air travel as energy efficient as train travel. Our bullet trains use electricity. While my aero-engineer fiancee tells me that planes would not run efficiently on electricity as trains now do, there must be a way to get them off expensive fossil fuels. It would help the environment and ensure air travel a longer life.

Thank you.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 05:18:02 PM »

Glad to see you back, Doc! I happily endorse you.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 05:34:32 PM »

Glad to see you back, Doc! I happily endorse you.

Thanks Barnes, I'm glad to return the favor and endorse you for a seat as well. I'd love to work with you again.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 08:20:09 AM »

Are you still running now that you're SoEA?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 10:50:15 AM »

If and when I'm confirmed, I'll withdraw.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

While I'll refrain from making any personal endorsements in the NE race at this point - due to much competition and the potential for more to enter the race - I do encourage you to make your case for endorsement before the Labor Party Committee in the coming days. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies