Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:54:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54360 times)
JulesDudley
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: October 12, 2015, 07:17:09 AM »

You've run a spirited campaign, Poirot. Good luck!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #476 on: December 09, 2015, 05:57:01 PM »

I have declared for the December Northeast assembly election. I think there are already five fine candidates running and I would like if all of them could achieve their dream of serving in the regional assembly. However, I think there needs to be more than five candidates to have a five member assembly. Our region is blessed with enough people to have an active assembly of five so my goal in declaring is to get that.

So don't vote for me. I'm doing this to get the others elected and get the chance to play.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #477 on: December 09, 2015, 06:38:49 PM »

I have declared for the December Northeast assembly election. I think there are already five fine candidates running and I would like if all of them could achieve their dream of serving in the regional assembly. However, I think there needs to be more than five candidates to have a five member assembly. Our region is blessed with enough people to have an active assembly of five so my goal in declaring is to get that.

So don't vote for me. I'm doing this to get the others elected and get the chance to play.

That's pretty awesome, thank you.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #478 on: February 01, 2016, 09:10:24 PM »

I've been elected to the Northeast assembly for the reminder of this term so that is three weeks in February. I would like to thank people who wrote in my name in the special election.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #479 on: February 01, 2016, 09:22:34 PM »

In Newport, Rhode Island in the Northeast

Atlasians,

I am very excited to be the vice presidential candidate on the Winfield ticket for the February 2016 election. Winfield / Poirot is the first complete ticket to have officially declared in the candidate thread.

I am proud to join the Winfield team. Winfield is a man of experience who has a long political career in Atlasia. He is a proven competent leader in political and civic matters. People here in Newport, Rhode Island know this and appreciate him.

He cares about the well being of the nation and the citizens. When he makes decisions he has the well being of ordinary people in his mind. When there is a catastrophe, he is in the first ones to help those in need. That is the kind of man he is and he will make a great President. Running as Independent he will not be caught in internal party politics. He has his own mind. He will preside over Atlasia for all the citizens, not for a small group or ideology.

I invite all voters to support our ticket.

Let's Win with Winfield (and Poirot) !
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #480 on: February 02, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »

I've been elected to the Northeast assembly for the reminder of this term so that is three weeks in February. I would like to thank people who wrote in my name in the special election.
Congratulations!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2016, 10:59:29 PM »

At a rally in Chatanooga Tennessee in the South region people in the crowd are holding a new campaign sign of the Winfield / Poirot presidential ticket.

Here is the analysis of a communications expert on this sign.

There are some traditional elements to this sign. The colours used are ones often associated with Mr. Winfield. The iconic Win With Winfield slogan is prominent. It reminds voters of the experience and reliability of the candidate and also familiarity and trust to the voters. I think the star puts an emphasis on the status of star candidate.

At the top they put the slogan for the February campaign. At the bottom the (and Poirot) indicates Poirot is the VP candidate but keeping fthe spotlight on the Presidential candidate. The sign does not specify the office sought (Presidential campaign) but I imagine they figure voters will be familiar with news about this race and advertising, or voters are smart enough to know when they see two names since the presidential campaign is the only one with a two people ticket.       
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #482 on: February 09, 2016, 09:38:43 PM »

I invite everyone to check the Winfield / Poirot campaign thread. Winfield has posted a lot of content.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=226914.0

Thank you to all of you for coming to this meeting in Sacramento, California in the Pacific region. In my tour of the region I have heard many people who would like the Constitutional Convention to move faster. I am lucky to live in a region with enough activity to still make it interesting while waiting for a possible Atlasia rebirth. For those in regions with not much activity, the wait seems probably long. At this rate the convention will take more than six months. Some are anticipating the rebirth and eager to work on the future new regions. Efforts should be made to speed the process.

It appears some delegates were confused when more than one thread were open in the convention. I am proposing to open a second thread (in addition to a topic voting period thread) to discuss the next topic to give opinions and debate in advance of the decision period. If the next topic to be debated is the Justice system, delegates can discuss the number of Justices, the selection process, term limits, impeachment etc. So delegates will have time to reflect on this topic and when it's time to make the decisions, the convention can still proceed in a methodical manner with the votes but with very minimal debate time since the propositions and debates will already have taken place.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #483 on: February 18, 2016, 10:14:25 PM »

The February Presidential election vote is upon us. There is a choice to make. That choice is the Winfield / Poirot ticket. A choice not an echo.

Vote for us to improve the lives of Atlasians. Winfield has posted a lot of explanation on issues. Winfield has the experience to become President. I am ready to be Vice-President.

Go out and vote for Winfield / Poirot !

Thank you kindly. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #484 on: February 22, 2016, 10:52:25 PM »

The Presidential election is over and sadly our ticket didn't win. Voters made their choice and not enough of them made the Winfield choice. I thank all of you who voted for our Independent ticket of Winfield  / Poirot.

Winfield, it was an honor to be selected as your Vice President candidate and share the stage with you. I'm happy with our active campaign and impressed with how much policy issued it included. Being a VP candidate was a nice experience. I think it was the only elected office I never ran for before and you made this possible..

I congratulate the Griffin/Duke and Leinad/Cris tickets for the high number of votes they received and their effective campaigns.

Thank you.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2016, 10:10:37 PM »

During the time I was representative in the assembly I had to vote on bills proposed.

I voted aye on the School Uniform Act about school uniforms not being required in public schools. The bill was adopted by the assembly.

I voted aye on The Northeastern Election Reform Act. It deals with the case of no candidate declaring for a special election. It passed.

I voted aye on the Northeast achievement Test for students, to measure the competencies of students. It was adopted.

I voted aye on The end threats Act, to protect refugees from hate crime, an issue needed to be addressed because of events. It passed.

I voted aye on The safer schools Act. The amendments I proposed were adopted, such as an exemption if parents didn't want their child to learn about guns. The bill failed to pass because there was no majority (the vote was tied).

I voted aye on the Driver's license reciprocity with Canada. I introduced this so citizens of our region and in Canada can have their license recognized whatever the language when traveling. The assembly adopted it.

I also approved the nomination of pikachu as replacement for Northeast Senator in the confirmation hearing.

I was selected as speaker of the Northeast assembly after the nomination of pikachu and his departure from the assembly.     
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #486 on: February 05, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »

My opinion as citizen on the upcoming constituional amendment vote in the North region about Voter Integrity Act is to vote Nay.

The federal Bill of rights denies the right to vote for citizens in Atlasia if they have not been registered 7 days. The North wants to require a citizen to live in the region for 10 days before a regional election. I don't know if it's legal to go against the bill of rights on the time of registration to be an eligible voter. Even if it is, it can create confusion and frustration to have a different set of basic requirements to be an eligible voter.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #487 on: February 06, 2017, 11:26:27 PM »

February 2017

Today I officially declared my candidacy for Vice-President of Atlasia for this month's election. I am the running mate of Winfield. He is a proven leader, an experienced man and under his administration citizens will see an improvement in their lives.

Go to the official campaign thread to read about policies such as public works, investment in mental health or school safety. It is located here:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=257809.0

If you want a better future, support Winfield / Poirot. What have ya got to lose?

For people who are not familiar with me, I first arrived in Atlasia in 2012. I served in the Northeast assembly as representative and also held the speaker position part of that time. I was a member of the Northeast Election Law Codification Commission (November 2015 to February 2016).

I have run many many times for public office. I ran for Northeast Governor, President, Vice-President and over 10 times (I've lost count) for At-Large Senator or Northeast Senator. I have been awarded the President Griffin Founding Fathers Bronze Star Award for my dedication to policy matters within Atlasia's deliberative bodies and for my tireless advocacy of being allowed to hold federal office.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2017, 09:38:43 AM »

There is still some time left to go to the voting booth and vote for the Winfield / Poirot ticket. I thank voters who have done it.

I am wondering if we should have a start date for unsolicited campaign messages. It seesm to be earlier than before. I got one the Sunday before the election. It pushes me to send pm earlier than before in case people promise their vote. I guess that would not apply to people in the same party since party communication can happen. It won't stop people to use other means than pm though.

On a personal note, I don't want to discuss my Presidential ballot. The game is competitive and you have to work to get votes and try to convince people but at some point it's hyper competition and trying too hard. After two unsolicited pm directly and an enquiry by a third person, I should just have tried to make up my mind alone. I made the mistake of asking a question and started a back and forth, I think  I understand now when some have claimed they felt pressured for a vote. I don't think someone ever tried to convinced me so hard. Maybe it's a quality to be persistent but at some point you have to know when to stop. I don't react well to pushy salesmen. On a Saturday night with a big lead I don't know why it's so important to get one more vote.

I've been persistent in running for office but never good at convincing voters individually and apparently you need that to be successful.   
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »

pming is how the game works and it's how you win, I don't know why you are taking this so personally, you asked a question I answered, you followed up, I followed up back. That is how elections work on here, at least from what I've seen.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #490 on: February 19, 2017, 10:51:23 AM »

pming is how the game works and it's how you win, I don't know why you are taking this so personally, you asked a question I answered, you followed up, I followed up back. That is how elections work on here, at least from what I've seen.

At some point stop after making your pitch and cross your fingers you influenced enough. It's like you need to always have the last word.

I chose not to reply to your last pm because you always comes back with an argument. I wanted the exchange to stop. I've had enough. I was worried if i replied with something along the line of Please leave me alone now, I would still get a reply trying to get my vote.

I admit my mistake in the first place was ask a question and maybe give a clear yes / no answer on preference ranking. This has been very unpleasant for me. I don't think anybody ever work so hard to get my vote. In a less neutral way, I would say bothered me, agressively tried to convince me. I am annoyed and angry.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #491 on: May 03, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »

A list of the elections I contested as a candidate. (result is a loss unless otherwise indicated.)

October 4 2012 Northeast assembly special
November 16 2012 Northeast assembly special WIN
December 21 2012 Northeast assembly WIN

February 15 2013 Northeast assembly
February 2013 Northeast Senate
April 2013 Senate At-Large
June 2013 Northeast Senate
July 2013 Northeast Senate special
October 2013 Northeast Senate
November 1 2013 Northeast assembly special
November 29 2013 Northeast assembly special (for 2 seats)

February 2014 Northeast Senate
February-March 2014 Senate At-Large special
March 2014 Senate At-Large special (declared write-in)
Augusr 2014 Senate At-Large special
August 2014 Senate At-Large
November 2014 Senate At-Large special
October 2014 President

February 2015 Northeast Governor
March 2015 At-Large Senate special
April 2015 Senate At-Large
July 2015 Senate At-Large
December 2015 Northeast assembly (declared to get all the other candidates elected)

February 2016 special Northeast assembly write-in candidate WIN
February 2016 Vice-President

February 2017 Vice-President

Offices held:

Elected Northeast representative November 19 2012 - February 2013 (lost in the regular February 2015 election)

Appointed interim Northeast representative April 25 2013 - May 19 2013

Appointed interim Northeast representative November 8 2013 - December 2 2013
and served as Speaker November 20 2013 - December 2 2013 (lost in the double special election November 29 2013)

Elected Northeast representative February 1 2016 - February 25 2016 and served as Speaker February 14 - February 25 2016

Appointed Member of the three person Northeast Election Codification Commission, November 2015 to February 2016

Recipient in July 2016 of the Griffin founding fathers Bronze star award for dedication to policy matters within the deliberatitive bodies and tireless advocacy of being allowed to hold federal office
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #492 on: May 04, 2017, 10:26:14 PM »

I am moving to my London flat.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #493 on: May 04, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »

I love Whitehaven Mansions! Will you be growing marrows in King's Abbot?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #494 on: May 05, 2017, 04:55:19 PM »

It looks like I can't reach my destination, will have to wait for visa issues to be resolved.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #495 on: June 11, 2017, 10:50:54 PM »

I'm in Albany, New York in the northern region and I declare my candidacy for the federal House of Representatives. (applause)
I've been thinking of the children and in my campaign I want to propose policies that will be good for them.

For the newer people who don't know me, I have joines Atlasia almost five years ago. I have held the office of representative in the Notheast region assembly and I have also served as speaker in that former regional assembly. I have run a multitude of times for different elected office (Governor, Senator At Large or regional, Vice-President, President, regional representative).

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #496 on: June 12, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »

I stand in front of the Santa Clara Valley medical center located in San Jose, California in the Atlasian region of Fremont to talk about my position on health care system. I'm in  favor of a single payer system. That will save a lot of money in administrative costs. Everybody is insured so it doesn't matter if you work or not. All pregnant women will have access to care, the infant mortlaity rate should be lower, kids can be followed and health problems detected quickly no matter the family income.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #497 on: June 12, 2017, 09:42:34 PM »

Good luck.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #498 on: June 12, 2017, 10:14:45 PM »

I'm still in Fremont but in Albuquerque New Mexico. I'm presenting my official campaign sign. (drum roll)

The campaign theme is Think of the children because I try to have the youth in mind in my policy proposals. I have put images of families to illustrate.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #499 on: June 13, 2017, 10:46:54 PM »

I'm at a campaign event in Jackson, Mississippi in the South region. I'm making an important policy announcement.

I propose a free prescription medications program for children and youth under the age of 18. This universal program improves access to prescribed drugs, there will be no financial barrier for children to lead healthy lives.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies