Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 02:37:42 pm
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active

Atlas Forum
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, Lumine)
  Poirot for House and Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] Print
Author Topic: Poirot for House and Senate  (Read 39304 times)
Sestak stands with Drag Queen Story Hour
jk2020
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2019, 09:51:22 pm »

Congrats on winning this interesting experience. I can relate to you as I'm also Councillor for a Day.

I know, I saw you at the orientation session for new councillors. So you're also on a dash before midnight. I can give you and Sestak a lift in my magical carriage but not too late, before it turns into what is it these days, an uber ride? 

You know what, I think I’ll take you up on that.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #576 on: August 14, 2019, 08:38:47 pm »

Hola. Hello Miami. Thank you Florida for the warm welcome. It's good to be in the South, the region of Atlasia with the most people.

I am running for a seat to the federal House (in case you didn't pay attention) and hope to get your support.

You should send me to Nyman, amomg other things, because I will fight for the interests of small parties and Independents. People in in the big parties don't understand the realities of people not in big parties. There is even a desire to make smaller parties disappear by increasing the number of members required to be an official party. That will just push the idea that citizens have to choose between two sides (big parties and what are considered their satellite party).

This game needs more competing parties. It needs political diversity. Otherwise we can see the effect on elections. Not many candidates, uncontested election, and based on a numbers game. Just look at Senate races right now. Did I say races? Maybe for a race there needs to be more than one candidate. I imagine there is no interest in running because the outcome is easily predicted. If you are not part of the majority party in the region you see no point of investing your energy in an election you know you can't win.

In my Atlasia, citizens are not forced to choose between one of two sides to have a future and participate in government. I want more paths to include people. I want a more dynamic and diverse political landscape.

Thank you kindly.     
Esteemed Vice President Jimmy7812
Jimmy7812
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.54, S: -1.67

P P
« Reply #577 on: August 14, 2019, 08:46:56 pm »

Endorsed!

Poirot thread is back!
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.94, S: 1.35

P P P
« Reply #578 on: August 14, 2019, 10:32:11 pm »

As I have privately expressed in the past...endorsed for first preference. Poirot would be EXCELLENT in the House.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #579 on: August 15, 2019, 06:39:06 am »

Endorsed
tack50
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Spain

« Reply #580 on: August 15, 2019, 09:18:44 am »

Very much endorsed! Atlasia needs more people like Poirot who will run active campaigns and stand up for independents and small parties.

I would love to have you in the House of representatives, and totally agree that the fact that all 3 Senate races are uncontested is a disgrace for Atlasia.
El Bayamés
razze
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #581 on: August 15, 2019, 11:47:56 am »

As a great poet once said: party in the city where the heat is on, all night on the beach till the break of dawn, welcome to Miami, bienvenidos a Miami!
Young Texan
TexasConservative
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.88, S: -1.98

P P
« Reply #582 on: August 15, 2019, 02:20:32 pm »

Absolutely endorsed.
PSOL
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

« Reply #583 on: August 15, 2019, 03:14:52 pm »

Endorsed by both me and the A.C.L.O. Your commitment to reform for all of Atlasians is commemorable.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #584 on: August 15, 2019, 09:31:11 pm »

I've heard from our offices across the country a good level of interest in my candidacy. Citizens are reading our literature and some are even giving endorsements. I thank them all kindly. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #585 on: August 15, 2019, 09:58:24 pm »

Tonight I'm in St. Louis, Missouri (South region) to present the official campaign sign. It's probably not as original as some of years past but it's high on symbolism.

Let me explain. The main color is blue. Blue is the color of the Liberal party (maybe not the exact shade though). At the top we have scales. The Liberal party was in the middle of the right party and the left party. It shows trying to seek compromise, seeking balamce. And depending on the matter couldl agree with one side or the other.

Then we have the man in a box. Some want to force people to pick one of the "sides", there is no choice, it's the only path. I think there should be more paths. People shouldn't be boxed in. The person in the box is looking for a path. There is an small opening and it leads in the direction of the Liberal party.

The third image is the megaphone. I will give most of my comments on legislation on the public board. I'm not on discord and I don't have many private messages. It also means I will speak up to defend the interest of small parties and Independents and stop them from being steamrolled by big parties.

Finally at the bottom there is a house, a graphic emphasis of the office I am seeking.       
Pericles
YaBB God
« Reply #586 on: August 15, 2019, 10:12:23 pm »

I like your logo. I'm not sure where I'll preference you but it would be good if you are elected, and good luck with your campaign.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #587 on: August 17, 2019, 11:22:39 am »

I'm now in Boston, Mass. in Lincoln region for today's event. I am putting forward a policy I proposed in my House campaign of Thinking of the children in 2017.

I want to protect children (and their parents) from corporations addressing children in commercial advertising. Children don't earn and spend money and not aware of consumerism so they should not be the target of ads. I am proposing companies and advertisers are not allowed to use commercial advertising directed at children under 13 years of age.

Let kids be kids and not try to turn them in early consumers.

Congressman Dwarven Dragon
Wulfric
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 1.22

P P P

« Reply #588 on: August 17, 2019, 01:21:39 pm »

I like your logo. I'm not sure where I'll preference you but it would be good if you are elected, and good luck with your campaign.
Governor Peanut
Peanut
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Costa Rica

« Reply #589 on: August 17, 2019, 05:31:32 pm »

#Poirot4House! Endorsed for a high preference Smiley
S019
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #590 on: August 17, 2019, 06:00:38 pm »

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #591 on: August 18, 2019, 03:47:09 pm »

I am in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in Lincoln region for the announcement of the official campaign song. It is On My own by Patti LaBelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH63qJlIMM

This was chosen to reflect that I'm not backed by a big party or associated with one. The event took place on Patti LaBelle way (Broad street).
(imagine picture of the street sign with the name)

In a few hours I will be in Pemberton in New Jersey for the announcement of the official campaign food. It is blueberry. The reason obviously is I'm in a blue period and I've eaten that lately.. The event will take place at a blueberry farm.
(imagine picture of bowl of blueberries)   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #592 on: August 19, 2019, 05:18:39 pm »

I'm in Fremont, In San Francisco (California),
(picture of store signs in Chinese on street in Chinatown)

I think we should support more the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong. We shouldn't let basic rights removed by authoritarian regime.

I say this as a victim of brief emprisonment for political activity. In August 2014 I was detained by the then Pacific region for an action in a political campaign. I had used an image of a pony and was arrested on frivolous charges of pony-ism related to health grounds.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

« Reply #593 on: August 19, 2019, 05:30:46 pm »

Wonderful to have you in Frémont, sir!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #594 on: August 21, 2019, 05:07:45 pm »

Hello! Nice to be at Wrigley Field, Chicago. Thank you for almost filling the stadium on such a short notice of this event. I was in Fremont and had to flew back to Lincoln quickly  to publicly announce I am also running for Lincoln Senate. There was a lack of candidates for the Senate race so I didn't want to pass the opportunity to run for that office. I am running for federal legislature already so it's the same person but different chamber. I have ran for regional Senate or At-Large Senate countless times in the past so this is not new to me.

Citizens of Lincoln, you will see my name twice on your ballot. It's not a mistake and you don't have to apply to the Glasses are good to see program.   

The official song for the Senate race is Double Vision by Foreigner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKCPjcvbys

You can vote for me twice. That's right. You can double your pleaure. You can double your fun. It's the right one.

The official food of the Senate campaign is Wrigley Doublemint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sefHatyheE

oh, people in the stadium, that is a nice wave. Let's do a regional virtual wave. It starts in Wisconson and goes to Maine (with a little blip in Scotland). Go!
tack50
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Spain

« Reply #595 on: August 21, 2019, 06:03:10 pm »

To be honest the fact that all 3 Senate races were about to get uncontested was a disgrace. Good luck in your Senate race!

Also, in the (admittedly very unlikely) event that you get elected to both House and Senate, where do you plan on serving?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #596 on: August 21, 2019, 09:05:41 pm »

Also, in the (admittedly very unlikely) event that you get elected to both House and Senate, where do you plan on serving?

I haven't made a decision on choosing one office over the other. I haven't really thought about it. Accidents can happen (I hope the accident is not the plane to my next destination). Maybe the Senate because the term is longer but it's not a final answer.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #597 on: August 22, 2019, 05:22:11 pm »

I return to Fremont to end my campaign(s). The voting booths open in a few hours. You have time left to make your decision(s).

I started running only for House. I ask the people of all regions to vote for me. Especially citizens of small parties and Independents who have no influence when big parties decide to change game rules.

I also am a candidate for Lincoln Senate. Citizens of that region can get excited at the thought of voting for me twice during the same election! I hope they do. I feel ubiquitous.

This is the final stop in the double campaign, from the Twin cities of Minneapolis St. Paul.

Thank you kindly.
Pericles
YaBB God
« Reply #598 on: August 22, 2019, 05:40:09 pm »

Welcome to Minnesota Mr Poirot, I hope you have enjoyed your stay here!
LouisvilleThunder
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 0.70

P P P
« Reply #599 on: August 22, 2019, 10:55:05 pm »

Endorsed for Senate!!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: