Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:18:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 53678 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: February 15, 2019, 02:52:05 PM »

Not sure if you'd be interested in it, but since Senate results aren't great for you so far...

Endorsed for high preference in Lincoln Assembly. There is at least one candidate on the ballot who has activity issues, and with a lot of new faces, having an active and experienced person like yourself in there would be great for the region. I urge Lincoln folks reading this to consider writing in Poirot and hopefully he will accept.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #551 on: February 16, 2019, 06:00:36 PM »

There is more than one day left of voting so there is still time to go cast your vote for Poirot. It was unexpected but I have received votes for House. Bizarre I have almost as many votes for House than I have for the race I'm running for Senate. 

Not sure if you'd be interested in it, but since Senate results aren't great for you so far...

When the second member of the duopoly entered the race it annihilated my chance of a good result.
I'm not interested by the change to the region coming and do not wish to be in the regional assembly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2019, 11:24:59 PM »

The votes have been counted and I received four votes for Senate. I congratulate the winner(s). If the result stays a tie I hope the two candidates can find an agreement in splitting the term. I thank the other candidates for running active campaigns (special notice to Tack's creativity in using ads).

I had not run for office in some time. This time confirmed again that I enjoy the public campaign part but not the election weekend with the stress and pressure.

Something unexpected this election were the write in votes for House. I gor four votes (the table in the Secretary of Elections office only lists the declared candidates but I have four votes). That is the same number of votes I received for the office I campaigned to win.

A heartfelt thank you to citizens who supported me and voted for me. Thank you also to voters who believed in me enough to give me a second preference vote.

From Atlasia with love,
Poirot  
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2019, 11:29:56 PM »

Politcal career

Elected Northeast representative November 19 2012 - February 2013 (lost in the regular February 2015 election)

Appointed interim Northeast representative April 25 2013 - May 19 2013

Appointed interim Northeast representative November 8 2013 - December 2 2013
and served as Speaker November 20 2013 - December 2 2013 (lost in the double special election November 29 2013)

Elected Northeast representative February 1 2016 - February 25 2016 and served as Speaker February 14 - February 25 2016

Appointed Member of the three person Northeast Election Codification Commission, November 2015 to February 2016

Awarded in July 2016 the Griffin founding fathers Bronze star award for dedication to policy matters within the deliberatitive bodies and tireless advocacy of being allowed to hold federal office

A list of the elections I contested as a candidate. (result is a loss unless otherwise indicated.)

October 4 2012 Northeast assembly special
November 16 2012 Northeast assembly special WIN
December 21 2012 Northeast assembly WIN

February 15 2013 Northeast assembly
February 2013 Northeast Senate
April 2013 Senate At-Large
June 2013 Northeast Senate
July 2013 Northeast Senate special
October 2013 Northeast Senate
November 1 2013 Northeast assembly special
November 29 2013 Northeast assembly special (for 2 seats)

February 2014 Northeast Senate
February-March 2014 Senate At-Large special
March 2014 Senate At-Large special (declared write-in)
Augusr 2014 Senate At-Large special
August 2014 Senate At-Large
November 2014 Senate At-Large special
October 2014 President

February 2015 Northeast Governor
March 2015 At-Large Senate special
April 2015 Senate At-Large
July 2015 Senate At-Large
December 2015 Northeast assembly (declared only to get all the other candidates elected)

February 2016 special Northeast assembly write-in candidate WIN
February 2016 Vice-President

February 2017 Vice-President
June 2017 House of Representatives

February 2019  Lincoln Senate
February 2019 House of Representatives (write in)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #554 on: February 25, 2019, 03:00:48 PM »

I can now disclose what Lady Gaga told me last week after the Senate election because she repeated it in public at the Oscars ceremony.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #555 on: July 05, 2019, 05:20:23 PM »

It was quite unexpected when I looked at Executive Order 47-028 about the Order of the Stars to see my name on the list.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=314840.msg6866961#msg6866961

Poirot is awarded a Gold Star, despite not having electoral success, he continues to stay actively engaged in the game and provides constructive feedback to legislation in his region and at the federal level.

I have received a Gold Star! I thank President Tmthforu94 for giving me this honor. Somehow he felt my contributions to the game were appreciated.

This comes nearly seven years after arriving in Atlasia. I have not held many important offices like other recipients. I have lost many elections. I guess it shows winning is not everything. I take it as a recognition of other forms of participation in the game than holding the highest offices. Citizens participation is also important, by running as a candidate, by commenting on legislation, by holding office holders to account, by running a newspaper, a special interest group, or law office. I'm glad these kinds of contributions are also noticed.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #556 on: July 15, 2019, 04:50:07 PM »

July 15, 2019

I am councilor for the Lincoln assembly today. I was elected in a by-election. There were three seats to fill and no declared candidates. I was eelcted as write-in candidate. I'm not even sure if the election was legal because it had to be held two Fridays following when the vacancy occured and I'm not sure when the vacancy occured; it could be on Friday and the election was the following Friday, not the second one following.

I have arrived in the assembly. It's quiet in the building. A regional Justice has just been confirmed before I arrived so I think other people are busy with that. The assembly must be disolved 72 hours before the next general election which should start July 19. That means I am councilor for a day. It sounds like a high school career day activity.

I am looking around and there does not seem to be votes open so I can't vote on things. I'll go look for a restaurant, maybe councilors have free meals. I will stuff myself if it's the case to benefit in the short time I can. Before I leave I will also try to put some Post-it in my pockets, they can be practical but would not waste money on them. Maybe there are pens too, I will look for one blue and one black (don't need red).

They have changed titles and the working of government. Seems complicated for nothing and not practical. The clock is ticking down on dissolution so I'll go explore while this place is still open. Since I can't really serve you in this bried time I will try to at least serve myself...     
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #557 on: July 15, 2019, 04:53:35 PM »

Congratulations! I can think of no-one better to represent Lincoln on the Council, if only for a day.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #558 on: July 15, 2019, 04:55:12 PM »

Congratulations! Poirot thread!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #559 on: July 15, 2019, 05:46:46 PM »

Will you be running in the general Council election this weekend?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #560 on: July 15, 2019, 05:48:30 PM »

Congratulations on your election!

Also, that last post was one of the most hilarious things I have ever read in my entire history in Atlas. Please never change Poirot Purple heart
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #561 on: July 15, 2019, 06:29:19 PM »

Congrats on winning this interesting experience. I can relate to you as I'm also Councillor for a Day.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #562 on: July 15, 2019, 09:25:50 PM »

Will you be running in the general Council election this weekend?

No. I was not even running in the by-election but felt I would disappoint people if I did not accept the votes and it was for a quickie session.

Congrats on winning this interesting experience. I can relate to you as I'm also Councillor for a Day.

I know, I saw you at the orientation session for new councillors. So you're also on a dash before midnight. I can give you and Sestak a lift in my magical carriage but not too late, before it turns into what is it these days, an uber ride? 
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #563 on: July 15, 2019, 09:51:22 PM »

I know, I saw you at the orientation session for new councillors. So you're also on a dash before midnight. I can give you and Sestak a lift in my magical carriage but not too late, before it turns into what is it these days, an uber ride? 

You know what, I think I’ll take you up on that.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #564 on: August 14, 2019, 08:38:47 PM »

Hola. Hello Miami. Thank you Florida for the warm welcome. It's good to be in the South, the region of Atlasia with the most people.

I am running for a seat to the federal House (in case you didn't pay attention) and hope to get your support.

You should send me to Nyman, amomg other things, because I will fight for the interests of small parties and Independents. People in in the big parties don't understand the realities of people not in big parties. There is even a desire to make smaller parties disappear by increasing the number of members required to be an official party. That will just push the idea that citizens have to choose between two sides (big parties and what are considered their satellite party).

This game needs more competing parties. It needs political diversity. Otherwise we can see the effect on elections. Not many candidates, uncontested election, and based on a numbers game. Just look at Senate races right now. Did I say races? Maybe for a race there needs to be more than one candidate. I imagine there is no interest in running because the outcome is easily predicted. If you are not part of the majority party in the region you see no point of investing your energy in an election you know you can't win.

In my Atlasia, citizens are not forced to choose between one of two sides to have a future and participate in government. I want more paths to include people. I want a more dynamic and diverse political landscape.

Thank you kindly.     
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #565 on: August 14, 2019, 08:46:56 PM »

Endorsed!

Poirot thread is back!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #566 on: August 14, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »

As I have privately expressed in the past...endorsed for first preference. Poirot would be EXCELLENT in the House.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #567 on: August 15, 2019, 06:39:06 AM »

Endorsed
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #568 on: August 15, 2019, 09:18:44 AM »

Very much endorsed! Atlasia needs more people like Poirot who will run active campaigns and stand up for independents and small parties.

I would love to have you in the House of representatives, and totally agree that the fact that all 3 Senate races are uncontested is a disgrace for Atlasia.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #569 on: August 15, 2019, 11:47:56 AM »

As a great poet once said: party in the city where the heat is on, all night on the beach till the break of dawn, welcome to Miami, bienvenidos a Miami!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #570 on: August 15, 2019, 03:14:52 PM »

Endorsed by both me and the A.C.L.O. Your commitment to reform for all of Atlasians is commemorable.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #571 on: August 15, 2019, 09:31:11 PM »

I've heard from our offices across the country a good level of interest in my candidacy. Citizens are reading our literature and some are even giving endorsements. I thank them all kindly. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #572 on: August 15, 2019, 09:58:24 PM »

Tonight I'm in St. Louis, Missouri (South region) to present the official campaign sign. It's probably not as original as some of years past but it's high on symbolism.

Let me explain. The main color is blue. Blue is the color of the Liberal party (maybe not the exact shade though). At the top we have scales. The Liberal party was in the middle of the right party and the left party. It shows trying to seek compromise, seeking balamce. And depending on the matter couldl agree with one side or the other.

Then we have the man in a box. Some want to force people to pick one of the "sides", there is no choice, it's the only path. I think there should be more paths. People shouldn't be boxed in. The person in the box is looking for a path. There is an small opening and it leads in the direction of the Liberal party.

The third image is the megaphone. I will give most of my comments on legislation on the public board. I'm not on discord and I don't have many private messages. It also means I will speak up to defend the interest of small parties and Independents and stop them from being steamrolled by big parties.

Finally at the bottom there is a house, a graphic emphasis of the office I am seeking.       
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #573 on: August 15, 2019, 10:12:23 PM »

I like your logo. I'm not sure where I'll preference you but it would be good if you are elected, and good luck with your campaign.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #574 on: August 17, 2019, 11:22:39 AM »

I'm now in Boston, Mass. in Lincoln region for today's event. I am putting forward a policy I proposed in my House campaign of Thinking of the children in 2017.

I want to protect children (and their parents) from corporations addressing children in commercial advertising. Children don't earn and spend money and not aware of consumerism so they should not be the target of ads. I am proposing companies and advertisers are not allowed to use commercial advertising directed at children under 13 years of age.

Let kids be kids and not try to turn them in early consumers.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies