Poirot for Senate(s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:02:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54830 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: October 03, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »

In defense of our new member, I will say that I understand why there may be concern with an unelected, interim representative proposing such significant changes without the consent of the voters instead of acting more as a placeholder, but within our system of government, we allow anyone to introduce legislation anyway. Anyone in the Northeast can petition the Assembly to debate a bill, so whether Barnes does this officially as a Representative or unofficially as a citizen would make little difference. I also think that debate is healthy, too often in regions do we struggle to come up with a new idea. I say keep 'em coming, from all the candidates in this race. Smiley

Good luck!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »

As someone who actually does come across too harsh, I have to say I don't see anything for you to worry about, you're doing fine. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »

I think you should. Smiley Barnes was probably too tough for anyone to win against, because he is doing a great job, but don't let the loss deter you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 02:32:39 PM »

I like the banner!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »

Maybe move the protest and analysis thread to the main board? I would support that.

Anyway, re: Nix's claim: he once claimed the Liberal Party held too many offices when he was a member of the party. Perhaps his own words dont apply to elections he runs in? It is getting hard for someone like me to taken and that doubletalk seriously. You have been an Independent voice and I don't always agree with you but you will have my vote.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »

Oakvale was never a Laborite. He was interim Chair of the Liberal Party.

No he was the Chair. I may have been interim Chair when he stepped down and before electing Scott but I don't remember how accurate that is. And Oakvale was more insistent on being centrist as opposed to center-left, compared to what I thought we should be. Truth.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 12:20:19 AM »

Its unfortunate the Assembly will no longer have you around. I'd go so far as to say its unfortunate the Senate won't have you as a new addition. I've disagreed with some of your proposals (and vice-versa) but you have always been respectful and given intelligent arguments to defend your position. That earns my respect! I hope you remain an active citizen and don't hesitate when you get the urge to re-enter the political fray in this period of surging activity.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 06:49:09 PM »

Very happy to see you back! Cheesy I wish you announced sooner, though.

This! And good luck. Smiley I have always liked what I have seen from you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 05:46:46 PM »

Needless to say, you ran an active and clean campaign that you should be proud of. You stood for ideas, many of them good, and if I am elected I would be happy to take that message to the Senate with me. Good luck in your future endeavors my friend. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 07:39:14 PM »

Oh yeah! Congrats!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »

Endorsed buddy!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 05:22:54 PM »

On the road to a lean Senate

I'm at a gym in Stratford, Connecticut to speak on ways to have a lean and efficient Senate. The first thing is trying to focus. Focus on things that can't be delegated to the regions and focus on fewer bills so senators can participate and not have to juggle with so many issues at the same time. To speed up the procedures, the VP should use his powers to move forward debate and vote on a bill should last a maximum of three days.

I agree on leaving more things to the regions, but I'm kind of surprised you support only a 3 day debate period.  That would mean bills won't get as much debate as they need, and it seems like in the past you've been an advocate for a more careful approach to what gets passed.

I interpreted the three day period as a reference to the duration of voting- which is a little annoying to have to wait fornone or two lazy senators.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 11:56:55 PM »

Do you intend to seek the nomination of a major party or do you plan to keep a firmly independent candidacy?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies