AZ-PPP: Carmona leads by 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:29:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ-PPP: Carmona leads by 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AZ-PPP: Carmona leads by 2  (Read 2172 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »

Richard Carmona, the former U.S. Surgeon General, leads Congressman Jeff Flake by 2 points.

The democrat has a +8 favorability rating, while the republican is just underwater (40/41 favorability).

Undecided voters will vote for Romney by a 58% to 37 margin, so the race may be even closer than what this poll is showing.

At the same time, President Obama trails Gov. Romney by 9.

Carmona 45%
Flake       43%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/10/carmona-up-2-romney-by-9-in-arizona.html
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »

Gun!
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:15:29 PM »

Until i see a democrat polling 48% of the vote here i'll never believe they have a realistic shot.

Think democrats have a 47% ceiling its a very red state.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »

Good news for Carmona (obviously, since this seat shouldn't be competitive), but the Republican lean of the undecideds here don't bode well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:49:41 PM »

Great news! Flake sucks and Carmona seems like a great guy.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »

Good news for Carmona (obviously, since this seat shouldn't be competitive), but the Republican lean of the undecideds here don't bode well.

While undecideds go 58/37 for Romney, Carmona can appeal to them as he worked for a republican Administration. And if you compare these numbers with the ones in Missouri, Montana and Indiana, they seem to be dem-leaning =P.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »

New Poll: Arizona Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2012-10-03

Summary: D: 45%, R: 43%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »

Flake is great. He's very moderate, and I wouldn't mind if he became the next Governor. But Carmona is amazing. If he wins the seat, I'll be so happy. He could be a great Presidential nominee in 2016. Joe Donnelly should be his running mate.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »

Flake is great. He's very moderate, and I wouldn't mind if he became the next Governor. But Carmona is amazing. If he wins the seat, I'll be so happy. He could be a great Presidential nominee in 2016. Joe Donnelly should be his running mate.

It'll be hilarious if Carmona wins in Arizona, but McMahon wins in Connecticut.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »

ever cared to look at his voting record?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »

I wouldn't call him moderate, but he does have Libertarian tendencies and he is certainly not a tool of the GOP establishment, who he stood up to for years. He and Mike Pence were among a precious few who stood up to the excesses of the Bush years, and Flake to moreo f an extent then Pence even. And considering how many times they screwed him out of a deserved committee emplacement, for typically corrupt, establishment cronies, I doubt he will be in a mood to jump at the slightest command.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »

If by some miracle we gain a couple of seats in the Senate it will at least (possibly) delay Romney's utter destruction of health care and safety net till 2014 anyway.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 12:53:24 PM »

This saddens me because I think Jeff Flake isn't a tool and he actually represents the history of Arizona in a lot of ways (Goldwaterisms). We need more guys in the Senate with some libertarian ideas.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 12:55:10 PM »

If by some miracle we gain a couple of seats in the Senate it will at least (possibly) delay Romney's utter destruction of health care and safety net till 2014 anyway.

Opebo, you know that Romney isn't destined to win, right?
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »

Flake voted to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell. He also introduced legislation to give citizenship to undocumented immigrants. Pretty moderate to me!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »

Flake voted to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell. He also introduced legislation to give citizenship to undocumented immigrants. Pretty moderate to me!

Is that all it takes to be moderate in the States these days?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »

He actually falls somewhere in the middle of the caucus, though I was expecting him to be further right.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »

He actually falls somewhere in the middle of the caucus, though I was expecting him to be further right.

If he falls in the middle of the GOP caucus, then he's batsh*t insane.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »

iirc DW/Nominate has him as the MOST conservative member of Congress.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »

Doesn't matter if he pretends to be a "moderate." If he becomes a senator he'll be a lockstep filibustering right-winger like every other member of the GOP caucus.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 06:40:38 AM »

"Destined to win"?  Do you know something we don't know?  Some church thing about 'what is meant to be'?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 09:28:53 AM »

"Destined to win"?  Do you know something we don't know?  Some church thing about 'what is meant to be'?

No, what I'm talking about is your constant insistence that Obama will lose because white people are racist and not enough of them will vote for him.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 12:58:04 PM »

iirc DW/Nominate has him as the MOST conservative member of Congress.
It's all a matter of definition isn't it. He's a flake. Not a moderate by any means, but not a rank-and-file party soldier either, and by no means particularly idiotic as far as non-standard American right-wingers go.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »

Not having a perfect score doesn't mean he's moderate, it just means that his brand of sharp conservatism makes him break party discipline more often than your average conservative rep.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »

No, what I'm talking about is your constant insistence that Obama will lose because white people are racist and not enough of them will vote for him.

Oh, great.  Yeah that's just one man's theory, nothing to get to concerned about.  But when you said 'destined' I thought maybe there was an oracle on top of a mountain in Utah that was telling you all what was gonna happen in the future.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies