Who won the Debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:11:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the Debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the debate?
President Barack Obama

Willard "Mitt"Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 143

Author Topic: Who won the Debate?  (Read 7413 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 03, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »

Big Obama win for me personally.

For audiences, probably a narrow Obama win.

For MSM, a solid Romney win (which they have to hope will allow them to keep the race going).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:54:51 PM »

I think obama won the first half hour though Mitt won the entire thing. Isn't the first half hour the most important.

Obama dominated the first half or so. Then he started to become fairly listless which allowed Mitt to take over.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »

Hate to tell you folks this, but a CNN poll already shows that most viewers felt Obama won. Romney only seems to win in the minds of political junkies like us.

Obama seemed above the fray, while Romney came across as a spoiled, rambling loser.

I knew Obama would win the instapoll! Did you see the %?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:59:26 PM »

Hate to tell you folks this, but a CNN poll already shows that most viewers felt Obama won. Romney only seems to win in the minds of political junkies like us.

Obama seemed above the fray, while Romney came across as a spoiled, rambling loser.

Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself bandit. Even James Carville says Obama was off tonight.

Obama was definitely off his game in the second half but do keep in mind that Carville is a Clinton diehard and clearly hates Obama as a person.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:02:43 PM »

You do all realize that Obama will probably win the instapolls right?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »

You do all realize that Obama will probably win the instapolls right?
CBS KN instant reaction poll: Big win for Romney. By 46-22 say think  won, 56% have better opinion of Romney, Romney cares up from 30 to 63

Romney will get a significant bump out of this.  CO, WI, NH, VA, and maybe IA will swing into Romney's favor.  OH is the only state left for Obama.  

Haha, I seriously doubt that... and I was really thinking along the lines of the polls CNN does after the debates. I'm not sure what the CBS KN Poll is exactly.

Also, you people remember John Kerry right? He blew Bush out of the water is a much more undisputed way in his first debate with him and still lost.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 10:31:43 PM »

67-25 Romney victory

REGISTER VOTERS CNN

WOW!

You were right Bandit...Obama won

I will admit, I'm surprised by that.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »

Anybody else scared to look at Drudge Report right now? I'm afraid my computer might ejaculate on me.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:48 AM »

Yeah, I was wrong about that, but people do generally like to have their initial opinions reinforced (and most people were expecting an Obama victory). I was definitely surprised by the poll results. But I did caveat what I said with a "probably" for the record. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »

Substance aside, Romney came across as more likeable, which is probably the most surprising result of this debate. He made a dynamic and energetic impression, while Obama looked annoyed at times.

I really don't agree with that one and even the instapoll showed an even split on the likability question. To each his own though, I guess. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies