Post 1st Debate: Who will win the Election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:29:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Post 1st Debate: Who will win the Election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win Election?
Obama/Biden

Romney/Ryan

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Post 1st Debate: Who will win the Election?  (Read 3252 times)
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« on: October 04, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »

Obama still leads.  The national polls may get closer, but my guess is that we are now at about Obama +1 and I certainly don't see Romney picking up 5 points in Ohio based on last night.  ~70% chance of Obama victory, down from ~80% 24 hours ago.

Now there is the VP debate, which probably won't matter.

Then there is the town hall debate, which I would call a tossup at this point.  Romney will be better prepared than Obama again, which likely does help, but the format won't be as good for him as last night was.  Telling Lehrer/Obama how much stuff you know is different from telling an individual voter how much stuff you know, and the probability of an Awkward Romney Gaffe is highest.  There will probably also be fewer economy questions and more social issues questions- Dems should be grateful that Lehrer didn't bring up women's issues and the like last night as Romney might have cleaned Obama's clock on those too.

Then there is the foreign policy debate, which (a) people likely won't vote on and (b) is not Romney's home turf, as the economy is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies