After the debate last night.. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:45:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  After the debate last night.. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did Obama doom his chances in CO,IA,FL,NC,VA,WI and OH?
Yes-They will swing to Willard

No-No Movement

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: After the debate last night..  (Read 2308 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 04, 2012, 03:27:51 PM »
« edited: October 04, 2012, 04:34:47 PM by J. J. »

And the thing is... not to be a hack... but I think what happened last night just speaks to the inherent differences between Romney and Obama as people. I think the debate stage really benefits Romney, and contrary to liberal opinion on this board, I don't think Obama can really perform all that much better than he did last night. I fully expect Romney will win every debate. I'm most nervous about the townhall, but even so... Romney is looking good.

Every time Obama tried to attack Romney, the undecided voters got really peeved. Yet really, the whole night was an attack on Obama, but CNN's undecideds loved it because Romney made it seem credible. Obama is a speechmaker, and I think people know it. I have not felt this optimistic for a long time.

Basically this.  Every time Obama tried to attack, or even mentioned Romney, his numbers declined.  He might have hoped to make this a referendum on Romney, but it is a referendum on Obama.  If he goes out with Bain or 47%, it could be very damaging for Obama.

Smiley  Do you have one of the sky falling.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies