What really happen last night..
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:48:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What really happen last night..
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What really happen last night..  (Read 287 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »

I'll say this simple...Obama set a trap for Romney and Mittens fell into it.Obama made him lie so that Romney will be factchecked all this week on his lies and it will ruin him.
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »

As annoying as you are for being a Liberal Hack troll, I actually agree with the statement. 

I think Obama correctly knew that he "could not win" the debate despite whatever Liberal Hack trolls were saying.  I think Obama was surprised at how crisp Romney was, and some of the new things Romney said.

But Obama knew that he "couldn't attack strong because that could make him appear less likeable and negative."  Obama did not want to "make a knockout punch, especially if Romney had an off night, and it would seem overkill, and hurt Obama for making him appear bullyish." 

Obama really wanted to play it safe, and not do anything different than he has done in the past month.  Obama wanted Romney to "hurt himself" and Obama wanted to see exactly what Romney could do.  Think of it as the first half of a game, and Obama is going to head back into the lockerroom and make 2nd half adjustments to try to win. 

Obama hopes there is enough time left to recover.

Obama knew that based on history and public newness, Romney would likely draw or win the first debate.  Just as John Kerry won the first debate against Bush.  There was very little Obama could do to prevent Romney from "not losing", only Romney could damage himself.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 01:55:05 PM »

As annoying as you are for being a Liberal Hack troll, I actually agree with the statement. 

I think Obama correctly knew that he "could not win" the debate despite whatever Liberal Hack trolls were saying.  I think Obama was surprised at how crisp Romney was, and some of the new things Romney said.

But Obama knew that he "couldn't attack strong because that could make him appear less likeable and negative."  Obama did not want to "make a knockout punch, especially if Romney had an off night, and it would seem overkill, and hurt Obama for making him appear bullyish." 

Obama really wanted to play it safe, and not do anything different than he has done in the past month.  Obama wanted Romney to "hurt himself" and Obama wanted to see exactly what Romney could do.  Think of it as the first half of a game, and Obama is going to head back into the lockerroom and make 2nd half adjustments to try to win. 

Obama hopes there is enough time left to recover.

Obama knew that based on history and public newness, Romney would likely draw or win the first debate.  Just as John Kerry won the first debate against Bush.  There was very little Obama could do to prevent Romney from "not losing", only Romney could damage himself.

Yeah I am a hack hence my name.
wan
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

The media wanted romney to win so we could have a real race. I still say romney got setup.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »

I think that this has to be the lamest excuse for O's poor performance last night (yes, worse than the altitude argument). It's not a trap, it wasn't a planned loss. He blew it, plain and simple. Today is unspinnable and Romney did a great job of lifting that media cloud of being uncaring, gaffe-prone, and robotic. The polling of focus groups, especially the gem from CBS of only uncommitted voters show Romney up big precisely because he appeared human. If Obama was any kind of the political mastermind you make him out to be with this setup excuse, then he would have never conceded the debate or allowed Romney the opportunity to appear presidential or in control, both of which Romney accomplished quite handily.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies