Philly teacher to student: Romney shirt must come off; it's like a KKK shirt. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:36:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Philly teacher to student: Romney shirt must come off; it's like a KKK shirt. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Philly teacher to student: Romney shirt must come off; it's like a KKK shirt.  (Read 5311 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:52:40 PM »

weird.

I admit that I thought it was a hoax, but I searched and it's real.  The teacher has publicly apologized to the student's family by now, and the school district has issued a statement of regret for the impropriety of the teacher's behavior.  She has also been reprimanded and transferred to another classroom  My guess is that the school board does not want a fight with the teacher's union, so it probably won't attempt to terminate her.  They probably hope this goes away quietly now that the teacher has been transferred to another class.

Clearly this is the sort of bullying that we read about all the time and it often gets out of hand (gay students end up committing suicide, etc.)  Teachers do set poor examples, and this wouldn't be the first time it has happened.  I was reading an interview with Alfons Heck, a former Hitlerjungend member, in the public library yesterday.  He told about how his teachers were always encouraging the students to take it upon themselves help the society cleanse itself of cripples, commies, Jews, and the like.  Closer to home, just last year an elementary school teacher in LA blindfolded 3rd graders and fed them his semen on crackers, yet he still draws an LAUSD paycheck while out on $23 million bail for dozens of felony child molestation charges.

In a world where the grown-ups are acting like Maurice in Lord of the Flies, can we really blame our children for being bullies themselves? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies