Philly teacher to student: Romney shirt must come off; it's like a KKK shirt. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Philly teacher to student: Romney shirt must come off; it's like a KKK shirt. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Philly teacher to student: Romney shirt must come off; it's like a KKK shirt.  (Read 5303 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: October 06, 2012, 11:59:28 AM »

Have any kids confirmed this kid's story yet? I wouldn't expect the teacher to be unbiased, but did anyone who isn't named Pawlucy witness the teacher "going into the hallway to get other teachers to bully her"?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »

All I asked was if anyone other than the kid and her parents witnessed this. Has anyone said so?

I'm not alleging a "vast right wing conspiracy", it's just common sense. Maybe it happened the way this girl said, maybe it didn't. You have your reasons for wanting to take it at face value, and I'm sure I have my reasons for wanting verification by someone who isn't her.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/education&id=172580131

The teacher publicly berated her and asked other teachers and students to bully her. She also stated that the student was at a "Democratic school" and that wearing a Romney shirt would be like a black teacher wearing a KKK shirt. The teacher went on to say that she was "just joking"...then stormed out of the school.

If this doesn't make you sick...
Oh, just ignore the fact that the KKK was founded for Democrats, by Democrats, to terrorize blacks and white Republicans and to stop Republican policies from advancing the rights of blacks.  

Since that was true 140 years ago, it's not really relevant to today.

The revived KKK in the north and midwest in the 1920s was a staunch ally and pillar of the Republican Party.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »

Things that happened 140 years ago is irrelevant but something about 90 years ago? Fair game, baby.

For the record, I find reference to both KKK examples above to be silly.

Phil, you're smarter than this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies