Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:42:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee (10/12-6/13)  (Read 36670 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »

I'm glad to see such vibrant discussion going on in regards to platform creation. I plan to - for the most part - remain neutral and aloof pursuant to the by-laws, as it is the job of the Vice-Chair, platform committee and the greater committee at large to determine. Once a platform is drafted and proposed, I will voice any concerns or comments as any other Laborite. I'm looking forward to the results!
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2012, 06:13:49 PM »

If we're going to have kittens, I know a Snowstalker and myself who will be demanding that we have ponies too...

I'm all for ponies (but not your sig, Fluttershy is totally best pony). Maybe add something like this to the platform?
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s1176
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »

I'd like to announce that any Senate candidates wishing to seek the endorsement of the Labor Party should state their intent by no later than 2:00 AM Saturday, October 27 (EST). Beginning at that point, we will have an endorsement vote lasting 72 hours.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »

I'd like to request your endorsement Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »

I would like to be considered for endorsement by the Labor Party in the upcoming special election. I am sure that as I establish my platform, you will find that we share a great concern for our common fellow worker and a determination to create a more fair and equal Atlasia.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »

None of you are getting any better than second place. Wink
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »

There are two seats on the ballot Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2012, 06:11:14 PM »

To be clear, I shall not seek the Labor Party's endorsement.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »

I would be a concerning Senator indeed to not seek broad support from like-minded citizens and movements. I do not expect to be the #1 endorsed candidate by this party, but I hope that you are wrong on the assumption that your party's ranks would never even think to ever peek past their own party to seek out the best candidates to fill an office, my friend; I know and love a different Left than that.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2012, 08:03:04 PM »

Should we run a primary for second choice?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2012, 10:02:18 PM »

Everyone, please refer to our by-laws. Snowstalker receives automatic endorsement, and we will vote between (as of right now) Spamage and Speed of Sound for the second endorsement.

I'd like to announce that any Senate candidates wishing to seek the endorsement of the Labor Party should state their intent by no later than 2:00 AM Saturday, October 27 (EST). Beginning at that point, we will have an endorsement vote lasting 72 hours.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2012, 10:56:10 PM »

Would Spamage, Speed of Sound and anyone else who would like to receive our endorsement  like to give us brief explanation of why you want to receive the endorsement of the Labor Party and what you will do as a Senator to help promote our values? Your answers could help all of us make a more informed decision on who we should endorse! =)     
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 12:00:53 AM by Governor Spamage »

I believe (as stated in my campaign many times) that Atlasia needs to come together. Bi-partisanship sees no party lines but instead is willing to look at varying viewpoints and make deals so both sides truly benefit. Everyone wants to help Atlasia but in different ways and I believe if we can get the best of both sides working on the same side we will truly benefit. Although I may not be in line with this party's viewpoints I truly believe that it would be an honor to work with you if I'm elected.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »

Would Spamage, Speed of Sound and anyone else who would like to receive our endorsement  like to give us brief explanation of why you want to receive the endorsement of the Labor Party and what you will do as a Senator to help promote our values? Your answers could help all of us make a more informed decision on who we should endorse! =)    

I would love to, thank you for the chance!

As the founder of the first Social Democratic Party, I have a long record of promoting social freedom and equality and of working hand-in-hand with the middle and lower classes of Atlasia.

I am a firm believer in doing more than guarding the average Atlasian from attacks against them, but also giving them the opportunities to raise himself up to their own highest potential. I have sponsored Senate bills to reduce our defense spending to help the national deficit and pay for our social programs, replace developers' profits with funding for our schools, and create a National Public Radio to clearly record news for our citizens without the political leanings of private newspapers, and I have argued for making green energy options more affordable for the middle class while also making farmers' voices heard in Nyman. I also voted to reduce the tax burden on the first $7,500 earned and expand government healthcare systems.

I think I've made my point. I plan to continue to sponsor and support bills which reduce unnecessary tax breaks and defense spending, which push for diplomatic ties and aid for struggling or threatened peoples across the world, which protect productive trades and agriculture, (and I am especially keen on re-introducing a revision which will finally remove tipping as an acceptable alternative to a standard income), and which help get average Atlasians more involved in governing (I am seriously rolling this idea over in my mind, and I hope to have few specific ideas for this soon). I invite you to consider the platform and opinions which are in the process of being published in my thread, which will later tonight include a more general platform and, notably, list of proposals I wish to make should I reach the Senate.

I know that speaking to an organized party this made be an unusual angle, but I believe that being an independent is an especially important and attractive part of my candidacy for Labor to consider, especially compared to my Liberal opponent. While it is known that I voted for the re-election of the President and have a high opinion of him, I will stand in the Senate without ties to a party line, but instead only ties to the values of equality, opportunity, and social freedom that we all share. Hardline party members find it hard to reach across the aisle to get important legislation passed, but I will work hard to create majorities and get bills onto the President's desk.

Phew! Thank you taking the time to listen to my wordy argument and I sincerely hope that you will consider me for endorsement!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »

I'm supporting Speed of Sound and Snowstalker, people.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »

Speed of Sound, I'm really impressed by the amount of time and detail you put into your campaign posts.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2012, 06:45:11 PM »

Speed of Sound, I'm really impressed by the amount of time and detail you put into your campaign posts.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »

Redalgo/SoS: The Wordy Campaign
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2012, 06:55:45 PM »

They would depressed if they had to choose a press secretary
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »

"As commander in chief of the you know what, this is boring. I quit."
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2012, 07:24:14 PM »

I support SoS for our second preference.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2012, 07:48:37 PM »

I too endorse SoS enthusiastically.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2012, 08:13:15 PM »

I too endorse SoS enthusiastically.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »

I would be very interested in your 2nd choice endorsement. I promise once elected it will pay dividends Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2012, 01:37:29 AM »

I would be very interested in your 2nd choice endorsement. I promise once elected it will pay dividends Smiley

Would Spamage, Speed of Sound and anyone else who would like to receive our endorsement  like to give us brief explanation of why you want to receive the endorsement of the Labor Party and what you will do as a Senator to help promote our values? Your answers could help all of us make a more informed decision on who we should endorse! =)     

Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies