Playing WoW apparently disqualifies you from serving in the Maine Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:04:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Playing WoW apparently disqualifies you from serving in the Maine Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Playing WoW apparently disqualifies you from serving in the Maine Senate  (Read 1483 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Read more at http://www.tecca.com/news/2012/10/04/world-of-warcraft-political-attack-ad/#j2CBY3R2EZVCAMd4.99
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »

Dumbest "scandal" ever.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:57:30 AM »

As it should be.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:19:27 AM »

I literally lol'd
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »

As it should be.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:26:27 AM »

To be fair, the Maine Republican Party has had an ambiguous relationship with reality for some time now.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 10:39:06 AM »

Oh, wow. They even manage to tie in unrelated political comments that she made on DailyKos almost eight years ago!

Take note of that, you youngins amassing thousands of posts here that want to run for office someday. I assure you, unless you're as secretive about your identity as, like, Mikado, your opponents will probably connect it to you. (And you can't just delete it either because caches are totally a thing!)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »

As it should be.

Why?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 12:23:21 PM »

Oh, wow. They even manage to tie in unrelated political comments that she made on DailyKos almost eight years ago!

Take note of that, you youngins amassing thousands of posts here that want to run for office someday. I assure you, unless you're as secretive about your identity as, like, Mikado, your opponents will probably connect it to you. (And you can't just delete it either because caches are totally a thing!)

On the other hand, it's going to become so common that it will affect almost anyone running for office. Although does Facebook cache stuff? I don't think they do. That will help a lot.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »

I am not an Orc. I'm nothing you've heard. I'm you.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »

Kind of unfair.  I hope she makes her saving throw.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 04:31:38 PM »

Endorsed.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »

The people here will be saved when Dave finally pulls the plug on the forum to save server money for the rest of the site one day (no one's going to go through archive.org and navigating through dozens of missing pages to try to find a quote they don't even know exists).
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »

The people here will be saved when Dave finally pulls the plug on the forum to save server money for the rest of the site one day (no one's going to go through archive.org and navigating through dozens of missing pages to try to find a quote they don't even know exists).

Yeah, I think President Snowstalker or whoever will catch a break when Dave decides to get rid of the old shame that is the forum part of the Atlas in 2017, removing all the pony posts from the internet forever.

Facebook's another story, though.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 06:51:18 PM »

Bad taste in MMORPGs?
BigSkyBob

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 02:01:47 PM »

That is a question for the electorate in the district to decide.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 11:29:14 PM »

Are we not allowed to have opinions on whether or not it's completely and totally stupid?
BigSkyBob

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »

Are we not allowed to have opinions on whether or not it's completely and totally stupid?

My point is simply that the electorate does have a right to judge whether, or not, playing WoW is in fact "completely and totally stupid." If his attacks resonates he has furthered his cause. If it doesn't, he hasn't. The voters can decide.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »

My point is simply that the electorate does have a right to judge whether, or not, playing WoW is in fact "completely and totally stupid." If his attacks resonates he has furthered his cause. If it doesn't, he hasn't. The voters can decide.

I think that everyone is aware that voters have the right to decide based on whatever ridiculous grounds they choose to, and I'm not sure why you feel the need to point that out in a thread where no one is denying that -- just judging their rationality for doing so in certain ways.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »

Actually, archive.org does a rotten job of archiving SMF forums. Because of the way that it crawls the web, it generally does not get any further than the first page of multipage threads.
Kevinstat

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 03:30:56 PM »

The Warrior of Warcraft won going away, 52.78% to 47.22% with all precints in that district reporting.  The Democrats gained majorities in both houses of the Maine Legislature, pretty solidly it looks like, at least in the House.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 11:19:55 PM »

The Warrior of Warcraft won going away, 52.78% to 47.22% with all precints in that district reporting.  The Democrats gained majorities in both houses of the Maine Legislature, pretty solidly it looks like, at least in the House.

Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies