Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:11:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe)  (Read 4011 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: October 05, 2012, 08:01:59 AM »

Is there anything upon which this valueless cipher won't flip flop?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:51:54 AM »

Clearly Mittens misspoke because he made a factual error. It was not just an ideological perspective. Obviously, millions of folks who don't pay income taxes will be voting for Mittens. Heck the correlation between wealth and partisan affiliation is a weak as it has ever been in the Fruited Plain - certainly in my lifetime at least, and my parents' lifetime as well.  Thank you.
A factual error? So, in non-lawyer speak, you're claiming he was lying? Or do you think he was so misinformed to believe something that, as you point out, is wildly off target.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »

Clearly Mittens misspoke because he made a factual error. It was not just an ideological perspective. Obviously, millions of folks who don't pay income taxes will be voting for Mittens. Heck the correlation between wealth and partisan affiliation is a weak as it has ever been in the Fruited Plain - certainly in my lifetime at least, and my parents' lifetime as well.  Thank you.
A factual error? So, in non-lawyer speak, you're claiming he was lying? Or do you think he was so misinformed to believe something that, as you point out, is wildly off target.

He just had brain lock for a moment. Have you ever said anything that just came out wrong? His larger point that the more folks there are dependent on government largess, the stronger the headwinds for a Pub, is true - at least until insolvency ensues.
Rick Perry's oops was a brain lock. And if you'll look up the thread on it from way back, I defended him on it. Brain chemistry is a funny thing. Mitt's statement was not an off the cuff remark or in any way a misrepresntation of the GOP position. They've been making the same claim for a long time now. OMGZ half of people don't pay taxes. Nevermid that this is not true. The problem with telling different people different things is that sooner or later the truth comes out and you look like a fool. And that must be what the fuss is all about,  because, again, it's a standard GOP talking point. And we're all benefeciaries of government largess, just as we are all contributers. These days, it just isn't possible to live in a cabin on Walden Pond.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies