Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:46:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe)  (Read 4026 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: October 05, 2012, 11:53:18 PM »
« edited: October 06, 2012, 12:18:52 AM by anvi »

Mitt Romney's political history tells me two basic things.  He is smart enough to have considerable investment and sales skills and some decent governing skills, but during a campaign, he will say anything he has to in order to win.  In this instance, he didn't misspeak, he didn't have a brain lock.  He said a mean-spirited thing at a donor function to pull some more money out of pockets because he thought it would appeal to his audience, many of whom probably relate to the idea that the CEO of a company (him as president) only has a responsibility to the shareholders in the company (the taxpayers).  Except that the government isn't a company, and his characterization of people who don't pay taxes was both absurd and demeaning.  Does he really believe it?  I haven't the slightest earthly idea what Mitt Romney really believes, and listening to him talk over extended periods of time has never helped me figure it out either.  Now he says it was "completely wrong." I agree with that in part.  But the other part is that it was totally asinine.        
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies