Which of the following would make you less likely to support a candidate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:31:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of the following would make you less likely to support a candidate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following would make you less likely to support a candidate?
World of Warcraft player

History of marijuana dealing

Known to go to shows and engage in moshing and crowdsurfing

Connected to publication though not authorship of controversial newsletters ala Ron Paul

Was baptized as an adult in a neocharismatic church

Owns a liquor store

Owns a strip club

Owns an indie theater that shows NC-17 and "unrated" movies

Wears band shirts in public

Was a fan of a sports team that's a rival of a team you support

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which of the following would make you less likely to support a candidate?  (Read 2457 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 06, 2012, 12:03:48 AM »

Baptized as an adult in a neocharismatic church and owner of a strip club.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 06:34:42 AM »

OK this is showing some ridiculous double standards I've always suspected. The fact that even conservatives are listing #5 is proof of that. If I had included "is a Catholic" or "is a Mormon" I'm sure it wouldn't be anywhere near that number, which kind of kills the excuse that it's just because they believe that person would have to be socially conservative (which as I prove, is not true.)
Maybe.  But to me, charismatics are more full of sh**t about their religion than your average Mormon or Catholic.  It's the speaking in tongues.  You seriously want us to believe you're not consciously mumbling random sounds and that it's the spirit of the Lord coming through you?   Please, sounds ridiculous to me.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I've got no problem with stripclubs, but the kind of guy who would go into that business (of all businesses) skeeves me out.  If that makes me a prude, so be it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »

A woman strip club owner I'd have no issue with and it even wouldn't be a deal breaker if it was a dude, but it would certainly make me less likely to support him, which was the question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies