Großdeutsche Lösung (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:12:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Großdeutsche Lösung (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Großdeutsche Lösung  (Read 1781 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: October 07, 2012, 07:56:21 AM »

I think one thing you would have in that union is increased nationalism on the part of the Czechs, Magyars etc. Instead of being part of a multicultural empire, they would be subject peoples in a German empire.

Internationally, I think France & Russia would almost have to ally as such a large, powerful nation would cause anyone bordering it to become fearful.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »

Eh. In abstract, the proposal is ok, but it seems quite unrealistic. These were some of the most conservative monarchies in Europe. I just don't see them suddenly deciding to adopt the model used by American liberals. Plus you still have all the issues involved with minorities in different states.

As for racial tensions not existing, you're venturing into ASB territory. There's very few examples of racial tensions not existing anywhere there is multiple ethnicities. That said, the timeline seems  cool, so if you don't care about realism, have some fun with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies