GOPers/conservatives....convince me NOT to vote for Bob Kerrey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:13:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  GOPers/conservatives....convince me NOT to vote for Bob Kerrey (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOPers/conservatives....convince me NOT to vote for Bob Kerrey  (Read 2199 times)
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« on: October 06, 2012, 03:11:30 AM »

He wasn't a very good Senator. Even if he is a nice guy. And considering Obama's probably going to win, it'd be a good idea to give him more checks/balances. Since we remember what happened in the two years when he didn't have any.

And considering that large swaths of America (including Kerrey's now-native New York) considers your entire state "the middle of nowhere", voting against someone because they come from the "middle of nowhere" seems like it sets a bad precedent.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 03:52:44 AM »

That is important to me, certainly more important than his position on abortion or affirmative action.  He seems like a man of integrity, and that's even more important.

Well, if you're voting solely on integrity, wouldn't you have to presuppose his opponent has none? And I haven't seen any evidence of that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
He's not a far-left Bernie Sanders type, but he doesn't hold any views outside of the typical norm of his party. And he /is/ from NYC now, so he probably hasn't interacted with anyone but Democrats. So meh, you'll be getting a pretty generic Democrat.

Obamacare.

Doesn't really seem like a great reason to vote against someone. Plus, ten people, or even a hundred, per square mile still sounds like middle of nowhere to me. Plus, if you're voting simply on where people are from, Kerrey is from NYC...
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »

On the "war criminal" record, Bob Kerrey has a very interesting war history and one of his war citations is interesting because he doesn't actually want it.

I personally wouldn't hold it that against him (he shows remorse and all), but I still would suggest not voting for him due to all of the previous reasons. This country can't afford more Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies