What a loser
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:30:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What a loser
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What a loser  (Read 787 times)
Mister Twister

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »

Bob Casey Jr that is

Early on, it seemed he was going to win by a 2006ish margin against this random nobody.

The random nobody has been on the air hitting Casey while Casey has only just recently woken up from his nap

Now, because he's lazy, this random nobody has only been down less than 10 points to him in the most recent polls.

Casey will win, but he'll be lucky if he breaks 55%, which is sad

Plus, the Democrats don't like this guy. All the polls show indifference to him from Demcorats. Morevoer, Republicans aren't really fond of him either. Nobody likes Bob Casey Jr.

Has he even done anything of note in the senate? He seems like a waste of space.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »

Everyone loved his father and almost no one loves him. His heart isn't in it, because he would really rather be Governor, like his father.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »

Bob Casey Jr that is

Early on, it seemed he was going to win by a 2006ish margin against this random nobody.

The random nobody has been on the air hitting Casey while Casey has only just recently woken up from his nap

Now, because he's lazy, this random nobody has only been down less than 10 points to him in the most recent polls.

Casey will win, but he'll be lucky if he breaks 55%, which is sad

Plus, the Democrats don't like this guy. All the polls show indifference to him from Demcorats. Morevoer, Republicans aren't really fond of him either. Nobody likes Bob Casey Jr.

Has he even done anything of note in the senate? He seems like a waste of space.
http://www.phillyburbs.com/blogs/news_columnists/jd_mullane/bob-casey-jr-the-senate-s-strike-out-king/article_65e258d2-78be-5dd4-8c56-87339b5a8d80.html

0-324 on sponsored legislation. A waste of paper is probably more accurate.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 12:39:25 AM »

If this can become the "politicians we think are total losers", I'd like to add Jim Matheson; he seems to be like Bob Casey, but in a much more conservative state. I can't name a single thing Matheson has passed, amendment, full legislation, or otherwise. He's been a waste of space providing false hope to Utah Democrats since 2000.

And yeah, Bob Casey should just run for Governor already. Get him out of the Senate.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 01:03:18 AM »

If this can become the "politicians we think are total losers", I'd like to add Jim Matheson

I would have never guessed...
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 01:30:55 AM »

If this can become the "politicians we think are total losers", I'd like to add Jim Matheson

I would have never guessed...

What can I say, he's a local politician, and I really, really don't like him (even though I've resigned to the fact that I'll vote for him in the end, just to avoid Mia Love taking office). I talk about him and other Utah politicians so much because no one else does.

Plus, Casey and Matheson have striking similarities; both are politicians in their 50s who owe their initial success in politics at least partially to their fathers good reputation as moderate Democrats of their time (if I read Casey Senior's Wiki page correctly), both are absolutely hated by most of the other party while only lukewarmly supported by their own party and independents/moderates. Both are also moderate-to-conservative Democrats (depending on the issue), and both seem to disdain entire wings of their party.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 06:42:05 AM »

The guy is total dead weight and was elected for only two reasons:

1) His last name was "Casey".

2) He had the good fortune of running against Rick "Man on Dog" Santorum.

I'm going to laugh when Obama wins PA with a higher % than Casey.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »

Casey is not very popular with his fellow Democrats because he's pro-life.  When his father, Bob Casey Sr., was governor of Pennsylvania, he was not allowed to speak at the 1992 Democratic National Convention because he was pro-life.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »

Everyone loved his father and almost no one loves him. His heart isn't in it, because he would really rather be Governor, like his father.

Bingo

And he's unaccomplished so that should answer the initial question of "Has he done anything in the Senate?". Smith has perfectly labeled him "Senator Zero." There's a reason why his first two ads have just been hit pieces on Smith. That's just pathetic.

I think a 55% to 45% finish is pretty accurate.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »

Casey is not very popular with his fellow Democrats because he's pro-life.  When his father, Bob Casey Sr., was governor of Pennsylvania, he was not allowed to speak at the 1992 Democratic National Convention because he was pro-life.

That story has been debunked:

http://www.brendan-nyhan.com/blog/2008/08/the-myth-of-bob.html

Casey was denied because he refused to endorse his party's nominee. Meanwhile, other anti-abortion Democrats did speak.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies