What should my avatar be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:59:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What should my avatar be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should my avatar be?
R-IL

I-OH

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: What should my avatar be?  (Read 958 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: October 07, 2012, 10:17:40 PM »

Right. So I've been wondering whether R-IL or I-OH would be a better avatar to use on Atlas Forum, so I've decided to ask the Atlas community what they think. (yes, I know, shameless attention whore thread)

Pros and Cons:

R-IL. This is the avatar I have used almost continuously since I first registered in December 2009, excepting a brief stint as R-BC in mid-2010 when my presence was still largely limited to the What-ifs board, and a brief stint as C-RI in 2012 to show my support for the Coalition to Remove Inks. However, I no longer live in Illinois and no longer really identify as Illinoian. I am also uncertain about the R; while I do tilt pretty heavily towards the Republican Party (I'm sure the 'why' is unnecessary), I am open to occasionally supporting Democrats and I have some very left-wing views on social issues.

I-OH. The proposed new avatar, which would probably go along with a change in my screen name. This would reflect that I now live in Ohio, and would also better reflect my stances in favor of legalizing marijuana, against restricting abortion, and for marriage rights to be equal between hetero- and homosexuals. However, my shift from one avatar to another could cause confusion.

What do you think? The poll will run for a week, at which point I will change my avatar (or not) to reflect the final result.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 03:01:22 PM »

Wikipedia isn't helping...what is this?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:29:55 PM »

Having wikied the group's founders, it seems like a very admirable group with a good cause (pretty much everyone would be better off if a significant black South African middle class did exist, though trying to create one in the '70s was naive), founded by men who were active pushing for equal rights for all South Africans. Though the paragraph you quoted seems to have been written by someone with a less than positive view of them.

That said, such an avatar doesn't exist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies