Salzburg (my home state) is a job magnet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:44:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Salzburg (my home state) is a job magnet
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Salzburg (my home state) is a job magnet  (Read 415 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »

It has an unemployment rate of 2.5%, which is the lowest of any regions in the EU and now this:

Greek Waiters to Fill Vacancies in Salzburg

Salzburg tourism officials are heading to Greece to recruit staff to fill a shortage particularly for cooks and waiters that are badly needed in the region’s restaurant and hotel business.

The project is part of an initiative by the local job centre and the gastronomy branch which says that for years they have suffered from a shortage of trainees.

In mid-November the delegation is planning to visit Greece to look for suitable candidates and applicants have already been invited to send a CV to the job centres in Greece to inquire about the Austrian posts.

The delegation includes Helmut Peter from the famous Wolfgangsee Weißen Rössl, who said that even though they had also promised to pay for trainees’ driving costs – they had not had a single applicant.

http://eu.greekreporter.com/2012/10/05/greek-waiters-to-fill-vacancies-in-salzburg

Well, seems we need people from the struggling EU countries to do the jobs that Austrians don't want to do anymore ... Tongue
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 05:27:14 AM »

Good for you. My hometown is a decaying rust belt wasteland. Oh well.

2.5% is damn impressive though. Assuming the books aren't being cooked. Which in Austria, they probably aren't.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 06:43:51 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2012, 06:45:29 AM by Senator Franzl »

Good for you. My hometown is a decaying rust belt wasteland. Oh well.

2.5% is damn impressive though. Assuming the books aren't being cooked. Which in Austria, they probably aren't.

The Alps area (Bavaria, Austria, Switzerland) are extremely low unemployment. Practically no county over 4% unemployment, IIRC.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies