If you'd win 1 Mio. € (1.3 Mio. $) or more in the lottery ... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:16:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If you'd win 1 Mio. € (1.3 Mio. $) or more in the lottery ... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: would you continue to work in your current job ?
Yes

No, because I'd start my own company

No, I would "retire" and enjoy life

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: If you'd win 1 Mio. € (1.3 Mio. $) or more in the lottery ...  (Read 1235 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: October 08, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »

Probably a mix of 2 and 3 for me.

I like my job, but would not work there anymore I guess.

Probably chill out and travel a lot, focus on photography and the family and maybe set up my own company later because of the saved capital.

Voted option 3.

What about you ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:35:52 AM »

€ 1 million is a lot of money, but it's not enough for a lifetime to relax on.... Even if you put it in the bank, you're only looking at an interest payoff of like €20,000 a year. Add inflation over the next several decades of life....

You can survive on it, but you won't be living an upper class life with lots of traveling and all...

20.000 to 50.000€ in interest/yield from investments a year would be totally enough for me. I only need about 900€ right now for monthly payments, so I could spend the rest on travel from the interest alone - without even tapping the 1 million of capital still in the bank.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:42:49 AM »

€ 1 million is a lot of money, but it's not enough for a lifetime to relax on.... Even if you put it in the bank, you're only looking at an interest payoff of like €20,000 a year. Add inflation over the next several decades of life....

You can survive on it, but you won't be living an upper class life with lots of traveling and all...

20.000 to 50.000€ in interest/yield from investments a year would be totally enough for me. I only need about 900€ right now for monthly payments, so I could spend the rest on travel from the interest alone - without even tapping the 1 million of capital still in the bank.

Consider, though, what the 20.000€ will be worth 10-20 years from now.

I would still have enough money for my standards for the next 100 or so years ... Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies