Does Romney have the 'Big Mo'?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Does Romney have the 'Big Mo'?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Does Romney have the 'Big Mo'?  (Read 1115 times)
milhouse24
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »

I think the race is likely over. Obama threw the election for some reason, and now Romney is going to win. He'll win narrowly, but a win is a win.

I actually think Obama hates governing and the job is harder than he thought it would be.  He's just not used to the political machinations of working with opposition groups or even other democrat constituencies.  As a state senator and senator, he was an island that was only seeking to implement his own agenda.  He never had to manage the "wheeling and dealing" and "massaging of egos" that is required of a management executive.  I think he is overwhelmed, and frustrated that he can't just smile and have things be perfect. 

The only thing Obama likes is campaigning and speaking to crowds.  He'd be a good MC or Oscar host.  He's an outsider who is now an insider, but distrusts the insider back-room deal-making.  I just don't think he likes the job.  I also think his wife doesn't like the job either. 
milhouse24
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »

I think it'll wane. Had the momentum of candidates that won the first debate held steady, then Kerry would have beat Bush and Mondale would have beat Reagan. Maddow did about 15 minutes on this subject last week - basically, for ALL televised debates, every non-incumbent has been judged to have won the first one with the exception of 1996. Furthermore, what is the track record among those who won the first debate? 3 won election, 3 were defeated.

I think it will essentially make the race a coin-toss for the amount of time that it holds, which should help Romney's 538 numbers at the very least.

That's a silly and naive argument because Bush Jr, and Reagan were on stronger economic ground than Obama.  In addition, Mondale and Kerry were seen as weak left-wing liberals.  Mondale was part of the failed Carter presidency so Americans didn't trust him at all.  Kerry could never shake his left-wing anti-Vietnam, massachusetts liberal image. 

Romney is far more viable opponent with stronger constituencies than the various liberal factions.  The Republican base is far more reliable at voting and focused than the liberal base. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »

YES
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies