Does Romney have the 'Big Mo'? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:03:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Does Romney have the 'Big Mo'? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Romney have the 'Big Mo'?  (Read 1098 times)
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« on: October 09, 2012, 04:50:00 AM »

Yes, but my definition of 'Big Mo' is something that moves the polls by one point or more. Because our electorate just isn't very elastic anymore. Which means that 'Big Mo' is a necessary, not a sufficient condition for Romney victory.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 04:55:29 AM »

Yes, but my definition of 'Big Mo' is something that moves the polls by one point or more. Because our electorate just isn't very elastic anymore. Which means that 'Big Mo' is a necessary, not a sufficient condition for Romney victory.

A week ago this race was trouble for Romney. Now, we have a shot at winning Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Iowa and even Colorado with Pennsylvania and Michigan looking tough but much closer.

I'd venture a guess that if the election were held today, which I understand it's not but still, Romney could win the McCain states plus Indiana, North Carolina, Florida, Ohio and Virginia. That sits him at 266. One other state and he is elected President.

That's a fantastic position to be in less than a month away from the election, especially when you spent all of September looking like toast.

Well, besides your electoral projections (which I don't have the expertise to comment on one way or the other, not having access to the detailed polling available to both campaigns), what you're saying is that a fantastic thing, the "Big Mo", was something Romney absolutely needed in order to remain competitive in this race, and something that he got.

I agree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies