Minnesota Senators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:53:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Minnesota Senators
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota Senators  (Read 5824 times)
Inverted Things
Avelaval

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2005, 10:57:01 AM »

I've got a feeling Dayton is going to lose in 2006 and Coleman is going to lose in 2008. Anyone have any thoughts?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 11:07:55 AM »

Although he is vulnerable, I think Dayton will likely edge out a close victory in Minnesota unless his opponent is Mark Kennedy.  If Kennedy runs, Dayton will probably lose.  Ive heard from others that Kennedy is very popular in Minnesota and will be the toughest opponent for Dayton.  Your from Minnesota so maybe you could ellaborate on that?  Now, Norm Coleman.  I believe he is gearing up to run for president in 2008.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »

Coleman would certainly be the guy to stop Minnesota's run of voting democrat in presidential elections.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 08:57:54 PM »

mark dayton=joke.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 09:51:14 PM »

I don't know the status of Norm Coleman's popularity or lack thereof in Minnesota at present.  Of course, it's still over three years away, so it's not that relevant right now.

Mark Dayton is obviously one of the two most vulnerable Democrat senators up in 2006 (Bill Nelson being the other).  He will have to campaign hard in order to win there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 10:27:08 PM »

If you're worried, you should sign up for election day GOTV.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 10:45:51 PM »

Although he is vulnerable, I think Dayton will likely edge out a close victory in Minnesota unless his opponent is Mark Kennedy.  If Kennedy runs, Dayton will probably lose.  Ive heard from others that Kennedy is very popular in Minnesota and will be the toughest opponent for Dayton.

I don't know who told you that, but it's hardly true. Kennedy hasn't even broken 60% in his own congressional district, he's hardly very popular statewide. In fact, I'd consider him the weakest candidate out of Minnesota's 4 GOP Congressmen. The strongest would be Jim Ramstad, but he almost certainly will not run.

And if Coleman wants to run for president on a record of a 1 term Senator who hasn't done anything and just is a complete party hack, he can go ahead. But he will be very beatable in 2008 if he runs agin.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 10:47:43 PM »

Although he is vulnerable, I think Dayton will likely edge out a close victory in Minnesota unless his opponent is Mark Kennedy.  If Kennedy runs, Dayton will probably lose.  Ive heard from others that Kennedy is very popular in Minnesota and will be the toughest opponent for Dayton.

I don't know who told you that, but it's hardly true. Kennedy hasn't even broken 60% in his own congressional district, he's hardly very popular statewide. In fact, I'd consider him the weakest candidate out of Minnesota's 4 GOP Congressmen. The strongest would be Jim Ramstad, but he almost certainly will not run.

And if Coleman wants to run for president on a record of a 1 term Senator who hasn't done anything and just is a complete party hack, he can go ahead. But he will be very beatable in 2008 if he runs agin.

I was just browsing over at another board and I saw someone say Kennedy was popular and may beat Dayton.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 10:50:03 PM »

Kennedy is pretty close to "generic GOP candidate". And in Minnesota generic GOP candidates may come close, but they usually don't win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 11:22:32 PM »

And if Coleman wants to run for president on a record of a 1 term Senator who hasn't done anything and just is a complete party hack, he can go ahead.

I'm hoping you never suggested Barack Obama for President in 2008. He actually wouldn't even be a one term Senator....more like a half of a term.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 11:24:35 PM »

And if Coleman wants to run for president on a record of a 1 term Senator who hasn't done anything and just is a complete party hack, he can go ahead.

I'm hoping you never suggested Barack Obama for President in 2008. He actually wouldn't even be a one term Senator....more like a half of a term.

I have not and I have argued against people on DU who have.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 11:26:27 PM »

I have not and I have argued against people on DU who have.

Good. It really is too bad people think he's ready to run for President. A few months ago, the guy was still a State Senator.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2005, 11:39:07 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2005, 10:12:31 AM by nickshepDEM »

Good. It really is too bad people think he's ready to run for President. A few months ago, the guy was still a State Senator.

I agree.  He needs to develop in the US senate first and see where the country is 10-12 years from now.  By then this country may be ready for an African American preisdent, but right now I cant see it happening.  Still, its not everyday that a young, charismatic, intelligent, political star rises.  You cant blame the Dem's for being excited about the guy.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 01:29:02 AM »

True. When your farm system is empty, any good new player tends to elicit a lot of attention.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 03:35:22 PM »

I know I want Santorum out, but I hope we don't lose Dayton.  This is definitely going to drain from the DSCC's effort to oust Santorum.  You would think the Dems minimum has bottomed out, but it seems it's only getting worse.  I was also hoping for pickups in Missouri and Virginia.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 04:17:19 PM »

According to Politics1.com, former Senator Rod Grams has announced that he is considering another run for Senate. Dayton beat Grams by about 5 points in 2000.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »

According to Politics1.com, former Senator Rod Grams has announced that he is considering another run for Senate. Dayton beat Grams by about 5 points in 2000.

Dayton isn't running anymore, but if he was. Grams v. Dayton would be a lot closer in 06 than in 2000, now that everybody has seen who Senator Mark Dayton really is....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies