Minnesota Senators (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:24:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Minnesota Senators (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota Senators  (Read 5848 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 31, 2005, 10:45:51 PM »

Although he is vulnerable, I think Dayton will likely edge out a close victory in Minnesota unless his opponent is Mark Kennedy.  If Kennedy runs, Dayton will probably lose.  Ive heard from others that Kennedy is very popular in Minnesota and will be the toughest opponent for Dayton.

I don't know who told you that, but it's hardly true. Kennedy hasn't even broken 60% in his own congressional district, he's hardly very popular statewide. In fact, I'd consider him the weakest candidate out of Minnesota's 4 GOP Congressmen. The strongest would be Jim Ramstad, but he almost certainly will not run.

And if Coleman wants to run for president on a record of a 1 term Senator who hasn't done anything and just is a complete party hack, he can go ahead. But he will be very beatable in 2008 if he runs agin.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 10:50:03 PM »

Kennedy is pretty close to "generic GOP candidate". And in Minnesota generic GOP candidates may come close, but they usually don't win.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 11:24:35 PM »

Although he is vulnerable, I think Dayton will likely edge out a close victory in Minnesota unless his opponent is Mark Kennedy.  If Kennedy runs, Dayton will probably lose.  Ive heard from others that Kennedy is very popular in Minnesota and will be the toughest opponent for Dayton.

And if Coleman wants to run for president on a record of a 1 term Senator who hasn't done anything and just is a complete party hack, he can go ahead.

I'm hoping you never suggested Barack Obama for President in 2008. He actually wouldn't even be a one term Senator....more like a half of a term.

I have not and I have argued against people on DU who have.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies