Sanford/Santorum vs. Bayh/Feingold
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:16:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sanford/Santorum vs. Bayh/Feingold
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanford/Santorum vs. Bayh/Feingold  (Read 4314 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2005, 04:16:09 AM »
« edited: March 25, 2005, 04:18:58 AM by Dean »

This is a possibility. Let's say that:

Santorum is reelected
Everyone is tired of Bush and Republicans
Economy in recession
==> Democratic edge, so Bayh opens up a sizeable lead but loses the debates, so the race is a tossup. Ohio, hit by job losses, is locked for Bayh while Florida is for Sanford. Meanwhile in Pennsylvania Bayh and Feingold campaign in the cities, helped by Governor Rendell. However Santorum is popular and turnout in the Keystone State hits the upper 60%s. Everyone holds their breath on election night and...
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 04:27:26 AM »

After everyone (on this forum) staying up awake for days, the networks call PA for a recount. Heads: Bayh wins. Tails: election tied and goes to the house.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 04:29:54 AM »

The odds of three elections being so similar is extremely low, but I guess the Republican would win since Santorum is on the ticket.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 05:32:33 AM »

The odds of three elections being so similar is extremely low, but I guess the Republican would win since Santorum is on the ticket.
Um, didn't you troll with me and tell me to go to hell half an hour ago?
PADem

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 05:37:55 AM »

No matter what Keystone Phil tells you PA will not go for Santorum against any form of moderate Democrat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 11:25:38 AM »

No matter what Keystone Phil tells you PA will not go for Santorum against any form of moderate Democrat.

It would be tougher for Santorum to win but he's pretty popular here to unite the GOP and take along some Dems in a national election.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 03:29:07 PM »

Agreed. Santorum is as loathed as he is liked and his approval ratings are not so high in the recent Keystone Poll at 39%. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 04:20:24 PM »

Bayh/Feingold wins by not losing any state that Kerry won in 2004, and taking Indiana, New Mexico, Colorado, and possibly West Virginia from Sanford/Santorum. 

Bayh 283
Sanford 255
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 04:39:22 PM »

Agreed. Santorum is as loathed as he is liked and his approval ratings are not so high in the recent Keystone Poll at 39%. 

That 39% was for Rendell unless you saw something I missed. And he is really only loathed by people like yourself who clearly don't make up a majority of people in the state.
South Park Republican
southparkgop
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 04:51:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You know he is the only PA pol I actually like. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 04:59:52 PM »

I can’t imagine any circumstances where Gov. Sanford be the GOP nominee in 2008 and he select Santorum as his running mate.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 07:47:38 PM »

That 39% was for Rendell unless you saw something I missed. And he is really only loathed by people like yourself who clearly don't make up a majority of people in the state.

Daily News had Santorum at 39% and Rendell at 48%.  Unless there was a misprint somewhere. 
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 09:16:20 PM »

Daily News had Santorum at 39% and Rendell at 48%.  Unless there was a misprint somewhere. 

Opposite way around
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 11:41:05 PM »

Opposite way around

Yeah. Wishful thinking on Flyers part.  Tongue
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 12:40:42 AM »

Yes, but in the matchups for reelection, Santorum is clearly more in trouble.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »

Dean, this is with the colors reversed to where the states are normally spoken as red or blue, correct?

Either way, I think it's good that Feingold and Santorum are the VPs and not the Presidential candidates.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2005, 08:16:10 PM »

Dean, this is with the colors reversed to where the states are normally spoken as red or blue, correct?
Yep.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies