Northeast PF Debate Question Bag (Debate on Oct. 12th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:52:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast PF Debate Question Bag (Debate on Oct. 12th)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast PF Debate Question Bag (Debate on Oct. 12th)  (Read 894 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »
« edited: October 07, 2012, 02:31:00 PM by Senator Scott »

Please post any questions you have for the Northeast candidates in this thread and specify which candidate/s they are directed toward.  You do not have to be registered in the Northeast Region to ask a question.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »

What are your plans for future co-operation with Canada over the St. Lawrence Seaway?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »

Paraphrasing questions from this article at the Atlantic:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What are your plans for future co-operation with Canada over the St. Lawrence Seaway?

These are for all candidates, I assume?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »

Are these for Gubernatorial or Senatorial candidates?

The debate will include all Assembly, gubernatorial, and senatorial candidates.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »

Question for all Assembly candidates and gubernatorial candidates only:

What would you propose to the upcoming budget?  Should any significant changes be made from the last one?  If you are elected to the Assembly, would you seek a spot on the Budget Committee?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:10:52 PM »

Question for all candidates:

How do you believe your past activity levels qualify you for an elected position?  Do you promise to be an active official if you are victorious?  How can the Northeast people be assured?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 11:49:30 PM »

Question for all candidates:

How do you believe your past activity levels qualify you for an elected position?  Do you promise to be an active official if you are victorious?  How can the Northeast people be assured?

Certainly, I have had limited activity in recent weeks, and this is undeniable as your question's transparency, but my prior record shows a strong legacy of active participation and contribution to our region and The People unmatched by most of its officeholders. Looking at that record, I think that is more than enough assurance for Northeasterners.

But what kind of question is the second one? No, I promise to be an inactive official. Tongue

Okay! Smiley. First question, I know your position, Senator, but to other candidates, how will you work to stimulate activity in the region?

Well, I have speculated on the idea of a universal assembly and whilst I am not giving it my full endorsement I think today, with all the technology we have at our fingertips, this kind of direct democracy is feasible enough to merit consideration. Less radically, but along the same lines, I think involving The People in more of government would help, putting more issues to referenda, directly electing the Lt. Governor, and similar things. I think the present Administration has also helped in that regard though its pro-activity initiatives; the fact they have made me own up to inactivity is a sign of their potency. If elected, I will continue the strong line that Governor Nix has taken.

Question for all Assembly candidates and gubernatorial candidates only:

What would you propose to the upcoming budget?  Should any significant changes be made from the last one?  If you are elected to the Assembly, would you seek a spot on the Budget Committee?

Our current budget is good, but unspecific, and therefore speaking about in specificity is difficult to do.

I don't believe the actual event has started yet.  It's to be held in here. Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 11:54:17 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 12:01:42 AM by Senator Scott »

Simfan, the debate isn't until later this month.  Only questions go here.

But I have to say, I don't think there's a problem with the question I posted.  Activity levels in the Assembly have been undesirably low in the past month and there's no reason for why we should have all these special elections.  When this is compared to activity in growing regions such as the Mideast, it's a bit embarrassing.  That is why I intend to make activity a central issue this election, because our region is in desperate need of it, and I think you would agree that the citizens must decide for themselves who will be an active legislator and governor.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 02:29:45 PM »

For all candidates: Where do you stand on energy?  If elected, would you work to promote renewable energy sources?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »

Question for Senate candidate Nix: You publicly stated that you support the committee system.  Which of the committees interest you most, and would you consider joining a committee in the next session?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:14 AM »

For all candidates: Where do you stand on energy?  If elected, would you work to promote renewable energy sources?

I'm a staunch supporter of renewable energy in the long term, and I plan to support representative Barnes's clean government bill, and will aim to increase research for them, however in the short term I recognise they are not reliable, or powerful enough yet, so I support  nuclear energy as a stopgap.

Gubernatorial and Assembly candidates: What will be your approach to balancing the budget?

I believe it is very important to, in the long term have a balanced budget, and its a good thing that our region already does. Having said that I am a believer in a greater role for government to play, and so would support raising taxes to compensate for this.

Gubernatorial and Assembly candidates: What is the greatest threat facing the Northeast Region today? Insolvency? Federal overreach? Inactivity? Creeping sharia?

As always the greatest threat to our region is inactivity, because without activity the game does not work. I am proud that I have voted on every bill, and commented/ amended most of them. I'm also proud to have put forward the most commented on bill of the session, even though it failed, it was a sign of increased activity, which I welcome. One thing I have noticed is, especially since Barnes returned and simfan became more active, that our region has undergone a renaissance, which this competitive election will continue, and I'm proud to be a part of this.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »

I don't believe the actual event has started yet.  It's to be held in here. Wink
um...
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »

um...

It's not October 12, fool.

What do you mean, that's your point?

I was responding to you who was responding to Barnes who was responding to Simfan, duh.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »

I was pointing out that he wasn't supposed to answer questions here.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 01:25:21 PM »

Sorry everyone, I saw PF Debate and made a wrong assumption.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 05:21:55 PM »

Bumping just because the debate is tomorrow.  Questions may continue to be asked until the end of the debate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies