most unelectable potential nominee? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:26:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  most unelectable potential nominee? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: most unelectable potential nominee?  (Read 11435 times)
RJ
« on: February 11, 2005, 12:38:38 AM »
« edited: February 11, 2005, 04:33:03 PM by RJ »

Why does everyone consider Kerry unelectable? It's painfully difficult to unseat a sitting president in an election; impossible when that president is in the midst of an overseas armed conflict. Kerry came one state from winning the thing. I'd even venture into saying if Kerry ran in 2000, he would have beaten Bush...wait---didn't Gore actually do that?(Just kidding!) Someone asked what states would go his way in 2008 that didn't this time. I can think of four: Iowa, Nevada, Colorado, and New Mexico. If Bush passes this immigration act, Arizona might tip towards the Democrats as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see my home state Ohio go in his favor if people here lose faith in the Republicans thanks to Taft. He(Taft) is busy right now selling his wonderful tax plan which will cut all kinds of programs. Kerry, or whoever the Deomcrats run in 08', may have problems with Michigan and Pennsylvania; hard to say.

I say Hillary is rather unelectable. Lieberman doesn't look very promising, either. Believe it or not, I think McCain would be a rather poor choice given the fact that he has his name all over the McCain-Fiengold act and appears to be in Bush's back pocket with social security and immigration. Frist or any right winger from the south may not be a wise alternative. A lot will depend on the next four years.

I heard one member mention Voinovich. He was the governor here for a while. Why is he not a front runner? He seems moderate enough, at least a lot more so than that aweful Dewine. I'm pretty sure he's not interested, but why would he not be good for the Republicans? He's well liked here and I think he could flip several midweatern states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies