Why do Democrat transplants to R states effect outcome? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why do Democrat transplants to R states effect outcome? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do Democrat transplants to R states effect outcome?  (Read 3302 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: October 14, 2012, 07:26:49 PM »

That's a great question.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the states that are trending R are more a result of existing voters trending R rather than transplants.

For example: Religious working class Catholics used to vote overwhelmingly Democrat, but are now generally trending R. Hence, places like Wisconsin and Ohio moving gradually towards the right.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »

That's a great question.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the states that are trending R are more a result of existing voters trending R rather than transplants.

For example: Religious working class Catholics used to vote overwhelmingly Democrat, but are now generally trending R. Hence, places like Wisconsin and Ohio moving gradually towards the right.
Does Michigan fit the bill since the state's population is decreasing two-fold?  Who wants to live there anyway, besides cheap housing?

I'd say so. The massive amount of union workers leaving the state can't be hurting the Republican party, that's for sure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies