Lithuanian Parliamentary elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:22:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Lithuanian Parliamentary elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lithuanian Parliamentary elections  (Read 2184 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: October 16, 2012, 12:02:34 PM »

The most interesting part of this campaign, from my perspective was the candidacy of "Mad" Vladimir Romanov, who was a former submariner who then turned into a businessman, with all the shady goings on associated with 90s eastern european millionaires. However he really made his name in Scotland by buying everybody's favourite football team, heart of midlothian, where he has run up a massive debt, made stupid promises (like winning the champions league in 3 years and building a 51 million pound stadium) and fires managers like its going out of fashion and fails to pay anyone.

Mad Vlad previously wanted to run for president in 2009, buoyed by his huge success in Lithuania's strictly come dancing (dancing with the stars), but was told as he was born in Russia he couldn't. Still, unperturbed he decided to run a slate of candidates for this election, including 3 of his football players (from clubs other than hearts) 2 70s basketballers and a local dancer. In the end he came last with 0.26%, although this may be down to his popular policy of telling no one his policies saying  “My enemies will tell you what my goals are. You won’t believe them anyway. I don’t have time to speak about it now.”, as much as his general dodginess. For thi=ose of you who want to know more, there is a good article about him at the edinburgh evening news: http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hearts-owner-vladimir-romanov-s-political-party-comes-dead-last-in-lithuania-1-2576640
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies