Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:55:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141096 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »

The other update thread was locked to relieve stress on the server.  I was given the green light to begin a new update thread in its place, so a new update thread it is!

Why am I naming the last two threads as Soap Operas?, because I'll admit, that's what my forum life is - a soap opera, and not to toot my own horn, but probably a lot more creative than the real daytime television soaps.

The last update thread lasted 11 months and over 2600 replies starting with Kenya.

So, I want to begin this Update Thread where the last Update Thread began - in Kenya.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »

reserved
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »

So, about Kenya.

I'm praying about something that I think is God's voice.  I still have more praying to do and more soul searching to do before I confirm it is His voice.  This thought is in response to what the middle of the last Update thread was largely about and an answer to Inks' question from early August.

I still may be moving to Kenya in the future, anyway.  I'm thinking my move to Utah is not going to be permanent and that I will be in Kenya by the end of the decade.  God has not given me a timeline, yet, and nor have I officially confirmed this is God speaking.  I'm trying to be very sensitive to His still, small voice.  If I were to place a time on it, I would be down there sometime in 2017-2018.  God could keep 2015, or he could make it 2020, or he could make it annual or bi-annual visits only.  I'm still trying to figure out what's going on.  What I'm figuring right now is that my move to Utah was, of course to work, but also to spread the word about Maisha and all the 450 Orphans in Kenya that are still unsponsored.  I'm really in a state of confusion right now, so I'm praying about it real hard.  I know my God is the Author of Peace, not of confusion, so I know He will show me His Will and will give me the peace to go through with it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »

You hear voices?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »

Noises.  That darn tractor, maybe I'll get some 4 in 1 oil and that ought to do it...

(Putting on my best Kevin Costner front from The Field of Dreams)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »

Another week is in the books.  I am enjoying my Friday evening watching the replay of The Situation Room on CNN from this afternoon.  I was going to go to Walmart, but I'm just too pooped to go anywhere else tonight.

I'm starting to make plans for Christmas.  If I can get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off, I will be flying back to Oklahoma on December 22 for a Christmas fellowship with my family and friends in Oklahoma.  If I cannot get Christmas Eve or Christmas Day off, my parents will be flying to Utah to spend a few days with me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »

I can't imagine you'd be open on Christmas...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 12:47:56 AM »

How's the diet coming along? Any ladies in your life? Move in going well and getting settled in Utah? Do you ever see jamespol and texasindy?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »

I seriously doubt we will, but there's always that unfortunate circumstance that could arise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »

How's the diet coming along? Any ladies in your life? Move in going well and getting settled in Utah? Do you ever see jamespol and texasindy?

Diet is coming along slowly but surely.  No ladies, yet.  I'm doing well here in Utah and I have only seen jamespol once and have not seen texasindy, yet.  I'll get together with jamespol after the election, most likely.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »

Christ, not again...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »

I seriously doubt we will, but there's always that unfortunate circumstance that could arise.

What's your job title?  It's web design, right, not just general IT?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

Official title is Web Designer, but I do have general IT in my scope of duties, as well.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 04:27:59 PM »

I am glad to be able to post on the first page instead of the 1700th Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 04:34:05 PM »

Officially, my weight is sitting at 263 as of this morning.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »

as long as it's "official"...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »

Pic, or it isn't official.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »

I've made it nearly 50 days, but I'm starting to get homesick...  I am really missing Oklahoma right now.  My mother over the past few days has basically given me an open invitation to come back home after my apartment lease is up at the end of March.  I could feel different in the morning, but I'm tempted to take her up on the offer.  If for nothing more than my grandmother will be 87 in April and as of right now, her sister-in-law, who turned 87 in September has just a day or two to live.  Plus, all my friends and family are in Oklahoma and right now I'm missing a lot of growing up.  I can't leave this apartment for another 5 months, because I don't want to breach the contract, but I am starting to think about coming back home.  Any advice you could give me would be great!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »

Official title is Web Designer, but I do have general IT in my scope of duties, as well.

Well, I doubt they'll have you work Christmas then.  Most people don't need to go on their insurance provider's website on Christmas, even if it were to crash.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 07:48:14 PM »

as long as it's "official"...

I guess "official" means it's true but "exactly" means it's just a random guess (that just so happens to be wrong by like 15 pounds... we've got Zogby polls with better MoEs than that...).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 08:06:01 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2012, 08:09:25 PM by Grumps »

I've made it nearly 50 days, but I'm starting to get homesick...  I am really missing Oklahoma right now.  My mother over the past few days has basically given me an open invitation to come back home after my apartment lease is up at the end of March.  I could feel different in the morning, but I'm tempted to take her up on the offer.  If for nothing more than my grandmother will be 87 in April and as of right now, her sister-in-law, who turned 87 in September has just a day or two to live.  Plus, all my friends and family are in Oklahoma and right now I'm missing a lot of growing up.  I can't leave this apartment for another 5 months, because I don't want to breach the contract, but I am starting to think about coming back home. Any advice you could give me would be great!

Grow a pair and quit sounding like a kid who hate summer camp and wants to come home.  If you can't hack it on your own in Utah, forget Kenya.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:26 PM »

I've made it nearly 50 days, but I'm starting to get homesick...  I am really missing Oklahoma right now.  My mother over the past few days has basically given me an open invitation to come back home after my apartment lease is up at the end of March.  I could feel different in the morning, but I'm tempted to take her up on the offer.  If for nothing more than my grandmother will be 87 in April and as of right now, her sister-in-law, who turned 87 in September has just a day or two to live.  Plus, all my friends and family are in Oklahoma and right now I'm missing a lot of growing up.  I can't leave this apartment for another 5 months, because I don't want to breach the contract, but I am starting to think about coming back home.  Any advice you could give me would be great!

As in quit your job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 10:23:27 PM »

I've made it nearly 50 days, but I'm starting to get homesick...  I am really missing Oklahoma right now.  My mother over the past few days has basically given me an open invitation to come back home after my apartment lease is up at the end of March.  I could feel different in the morning, but I'm tempted to take her up on the offer.  If for nothing more than my grandmother will be 87 in April and as of right now, her sister-in-law, who turned 87 in September has just a day or two to live.  Plus, all my friends and family are in Oklahoma and right now I'm missing a lot of growing up.  I can't leave this apartment for another 5 months, because I don't want to breach the contract, but I am starting to think about coming back home. Any advice you could give me would be great!

Grow a pair and quit sounding like a kid who hate summer camp and wants to come home.  If you can't hack it on your own in Utah, forget Kenya.

A lot of people on facebook have said the same thing.  I totally believe it.  I knew my move to Utah was somehow connected to my eventual move to Kenya, but I never thought of it as a test.  It is absolutely true, if I give up and move back to Oklahoma, I can forget about ever moving to Kenya.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »

Perhaps you should grow up yourself, and I mean this uninsultingly. Seriously, you are 30 years old, there is no reason you should feel obligated to remain within your parental coop. Get up and get out and get on with it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »

If you seriously are having troubles in Utah for personal reasons.....you should really realize that moving to Kenya would be a complete and utter disaster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies