Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:00:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141049 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »

Sitting back, playing on my tablet, watching college football.  My parents were both doing the same thing on their tablets.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »

Lord help the person who had to sit next to you on the plane.  15 hours of airport and fast food stank.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »

Sitting back, playing on my tablet, watching college football.  My parents were both doing the same thing on their tablets.

Why not on the television?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »

So.. you're back with your family and you are all on tablets?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »

Hey, at the airport your choices are limited, you take what you can get when they offer it, otherwise you starve!

I'll bet you my left kidney that there's somewhere in that airport you can get a conventional sandwich or a wrap or a somewhat healthy salad.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »

Brilliant. Cheesy

Bushie, I've been to airports, and they sell healthy foods. Salads. Sandwiches. Grilled stuff. Ogalla smoothies.

The restaurants in the wing of the SLC Airport I'm at has Wendy's, Popeye's, and a Seattle Coffee Shop.  In order to get to other restaurants, I would have to walk clear to another concourse or terminal.

Yes, because the walking across to another concourse is going to cause your (5th?) heart attack, not the Popeye's...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »

Yes, you got it in your last post, you really don't care. You've never cared.

That is not accurate.  You seem to be dismissing the fact that I did lose 20 pounds starting a year ago and have not gained anything back.  Of course, nothing I ever say or do will meet the forum's approval.

You've never actually said how you lost the weight (to my knowledge).  People can lose weight without caring (through getting sick, for example).  So the "fact" that you lost 20 pounds doesn't actually translate into you caring.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »

To be honest I wouldn't likely go walking great distances for healthy food, either. I recall a time where I was in Phoenix and I just had a pizza from Pizza Hut because it was in the concourse. Later, when walking around the airport, I saw a sandwich place and was upset I didn't go there.

Am I the only one who walks around airports when waiting? Perhaps that's a habit you should acquire, Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »

Yes, you got it in your last post, you really don't care. You've never cared.

That is not accurate.  You seem to be dismissing the fact that I did lose 20 pounds starting a year ago and have not gained anything back.  Of course, nothing I ever say or do will meet the forum's approval.

You've never actually said how you lost the weight (to my knowledge).  People can lose weight without caring (through getting sick, for example).  So the "fact" that you lost 20 pounds doesn't actually translate into you caring.

I lost the 20 lbs by cutting out regular soda, switching to no calorie soda (something I am still doing, for the most part).  I also lost by eliminating a lot of fast food.  I still went to get a hamburger, but only once every 10 days or so instead of daily.  When I did go out, I left off the fries and cheese.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »

So.. you're back with your family and you are all on tablets?

We were chatting verbally, as well, talking about Alabama's defeat.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »

Losing weight is a primary concern.....limiting calories is the primary way of achieving this goal, etc etc., but this isn't the only thing that's relevant.

Living a healthy lifestyle, all in all, is more important in the long-term than being able to claim 20 lbs. less than your record weight. And living a healthy lifestyle includes things like physical activity, limiting the amount of junk food (fast food) you consume....and you have to really want these things. You have to want to be healthy.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't have the occassional hamburger and a beer, but it's rather telling that you can't walk across an airport building because you're out of "energy"....when you have 15 hours to make the long journey back and forth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »

Losing weight is a primary concern.....limiting calories is the primary way of achieving this goal, etc etc., but this isn't the only thing that's relevant.

Living a healthy lifestyle, all in all, is more important in the long-term than being able to claim 20 lbs. less than your record weight. And living a healthy lifestyle includes things like physical activity, limiting the amount of junk food (fast food) you consume....and you have to really want these things. You have to want to be healthy.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't have the occassional hamburger and a beer, but it's rather telling that you can't walk across an airport building because you're out of "energy"....when you have 15 hours to make the long journey back and forth.

I probably would have walked, but I would have had to lug my carry on and laptop sachel around, plus tear down my computer and put it in.  The bags werent heavy, but they would not stay on my shoulder because of my heavy coat.  It was enough of a hassle to go to the bathroom.  Yes, thats another excuse, but its all I've got!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »

What are you going to do if there is 5 inches of snow on the ground when you land back in SLC?  You have a job to get back to.
Sure about that, Grumps?

Actually, I'm not, which is probably why he avoided answering.....Just started the job, put in 2 days or so......off to OkieLand.........loses job.

Does that plot sound reasonable, my friend? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »

What are you going to do if there is 5 inches of snow on the ground when you land back in SLC?  You have a job to get back to.
Sure about that, Grumps?

Actually, I'm not, which is probably why he avoided answering.....Just started the job, put in 2 days or so......off to OkieLand.........loses job.

Does that plot sound reasonable, my friend? 

Going to Oklahoma was in my contract.  I told my recruiter that I wouldn't take the job unless I could still go to Oklahoma.  My recruiter contacted my boss and my boss agreed to let me come to Oklahoma and then get started back with training on Nov 19.  I will not take off again at least the rest of the year.  This is my Christmas trip home.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2012, 07:22:02 PM »

But Jeff, you've said the same thing over and over again. You've told a new job that you are going away, or have something written into an agreement, or "contract".. You claim to get things in writing, and yet things still fall apart. If I got the job, I would have just stayed in Utah, and not go home.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »

This job won't be there when he gets back.  That is all.  If a giant company like Aetna "lies", this one will too.......of course it's not a lie, it's a delusion
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2012, 08:19:16 PM »

This job won't be there when he gets back.  That is all.  If a giant company like Aetna "lies", this one will too.......of course it's not a lie, it's a delusion

Yeah, I'd like to see this "contract" where he was promised this time off.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: November 11, 2012, 08:36:44 PM »

Those won't even have been your shortest job, Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »

I know its risky, and if I lose my job because of it, so be it.  Its not like I haven't been down this road before.  There was no way I would have missed coming home because my tickets were unrefundable.  The next place I go will be to Kenya and that likely not until June or July.  I may come home around Memorial Day when I only have to take one day off.  If I didnt come now, I likely would have not seen my family over the holidays.  We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner as a family this Tuesday.  I will be okay even if I do lose the job.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2012, 09:28:13 PM »

Something's wrong if you take losing a job so flippantly.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2012, 09:50:46 PM by Grumps »

I know its risky, and if I lose my job because of it, so be it.  

Why is it risky, you said your contract said it was ok.......or was that a lie too?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »

Something's wrong if you take losing a job so flippantly.

No, I just know family is more important.  I dont believe I will be let go, but if I do its not the end of the world.  I've lost several jobs, but I've survived all of them.  I will survive this one, too, if it comes to that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2012, 09:54:32 PM »

If you're going to lie everytime you tell us something, lock the thread and stop posting
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2012, 10:01:32 PM »

I know its risky, and if I lose my job because of it, so be it. 

Why is it risky, you said your contract said it was ok.......or was that a lie too?

It is in my contract, so everything will be fine, but if its not its not the end of the world.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »

If you're going to lie everytime you tell us something, lock the thread and stop posting

Who says I am lying?  I said what was in the contract, but I also acknowledged the risk involved in taking a vacation during week 2 on the job.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies