Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:01:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141087 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »

If you're going to lie everytime you tell us something, lock the thread and stop posting

Who says I am lying?  I said what was in the contract, but I also acknowledged the risk involved in taking a vacation during week 2 on the job.

Day two, you mean. But where would there be a risk if you had it in a contract? Are they supposed to go whenever you come back and say "ah, we're firing you, even though we said we wouldn't!"
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »

If you're going to lie everytime you tell us something, lock the thread and stop posting

Who says I am lying?  I said what was in the contract, but I also acknowledged the risk involved in taking a vacation during week 2 on the job.

Day two, you mean. But where would there be a risk if you had it in a contract? Are they supposed to go whenever you come back and say "ah, we're firing you, even though we said we wouldn't!"

Week 2, I started last Tuesday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2012, 12:51:24 AM »

Based on the bad breaks I've had in the past, I am to the point where I say there is always a risk, no matter what you do.  You could be the best employee in the history of the company, never missing a day, or even an hour, period, never making a mistake in the work you are hired to do, and still find yourself looking in the classified ads with a highlighter and a phone.  I'm not as trusting as I once was, yet, I trust them enough to hold my position for me until I get back on November 19.  In return, I am promising them not to miss another day at least until March, barring MAJOR circumstances.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »

And how many days have you worked?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2012, 01:14:33 AM »

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2012, 02:43:09 AM »

I know its risky, and if I lose my job because of it, so be it.  Its not like I haven't been down this road before.  There was no way I would have missed coming home because my tickets were unrefundable.  The next place I go will be to Kenya and that likely not until June or July.  I may come home around Memorial Day when I only have to take one day off.  If I didnt come now, I likely would have not seen my family over the holidays.  We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner as a family this Tuesday.  I will be okay even if I do lose the job.

How is it risky if it's in your contract?  If they fire you, you could sue for breach of contract and recover damages for the wages of at least the rest of your contract term.  If you have a contractual guarantee for this vacation time, you literally have a 0% risk of not seeing that money, either through continued employment or court judgment.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2012, 03:06:29 AM »

I don't know why you guys are always getting on Bushie's case. Just chill out, let him his life and tell his stories.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »

4 days is not 2 weeks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »

I'm taking a vacation during week 2.  I've already worked 4 days which is close enough to a full week.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »

I'm done for good with Bushie's threads.....pointing out his embellishments and never-ending lies is tiring.  Have fun, boys.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2012, 03:31:27 PM »

I'm done for good with Bushie's threads.....pointing out his embellishments and never-ending lies is tiring.  Have fun, boys.

Gramps, don't exaggerate... Bushie's never substantially lied about anything.  You just try to catch him on technicalities.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »

I'm done for good with Bushie's threads.....pointing out his embellishments and never-ending lies is tiring.  Have fun, boys.

Gramps, don't exaggerate... Bushie's never substantially lied about anything.  You just try to catch him on technicalities.

I cant tell if this is attempting to defend me or sarcasm...  I'll make myself feel better and say the former.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2012, 06:51:16 PM »

^Wow
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »

I'm done for good with Bushie's threads.....pointing out his embellishments and never-ending lies is tiring.  Have fun, boys.

I cant tell if this is attempting to defend me or sarcasm...  I'll make myself feel better and say the former.

It's pretty much Bushie's entire posting history, encapsulated in one statement...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2012, 08:03:54 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I have had a tremendous day!  Got the house cleaned out this morning, took a nap this afternoon, had Spaghetti for dinner and now I'm about ready to head to my cousins for a little bit to visit with them.  Tomorrow, is the Brown Family Thanksgiving Dinner 2012.  Mom and I will head over to Grandma's about noon and play Skip-Bo.  A family friend will join us about 2:00 or 2:30, then Dad will join us about 4:45 and we'll eat about 5:15 tomorrow evening.  Wednesday, Mom and I will make our annual trip to Mardel's in search of Christmas music.  We normally like to go the first Saturday in November, but since I wasn't here, we have to do it now.  Wednesday evening, we will be eating dinner together as a family at On the Border and then Thursday is a day mostly to relax and pack.  We'll be leaving the house at Mom and Dad's to begin my journey back to Midvale, Utah.  My vacation is rapidly approaching the half way mark. Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »

If you honestly think that I think you've never substantially lied about anything, then you either

1) think I'm an idiot;
2) have a very seriously skewed version of what constitutes either reality or a lie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2012, 08:14:07 PM »

If you honestly think that I think you've never substantially lied about anything, then you either

1) think I'm an idiot;
2) have a very seriously skewed version of what constitutes either reality or a lie.

I figured it was the latter, but I was telling myself it was the former, though I knew better.  Yes, I have lied quite a few times on the forum, but I do not lie about everything.  Most of what I say is truth, though, sadly, not all of it is.

The past few posters have totally missed the subtle (probably poor) attempt at sarcasm myself.  I'm trying to inject a little humor, but the humor sailed way above everyone's heads.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2012, 08:21:16 PM »

I know its risky, and if I lose my job because of it, so be it.  Its not like I haven't been down this road before.  There was no way I would have missed coming home because my tickets were unrefundable.  The next place I go will be to Kenya and that likely not until June or July.  I may come home around Memorial Day when I only have to take one day off.  If I didnt come now, I likely would have not seen my family over the holidays.  We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner as a family this Tuesday.  I will be okay even if I do lose the job.

How is it risky if it's in your contract?  If they fire you, you could sue for breach of contract and recover damages for the wages of at least the rest of your contract term.  If you have a contractual guarantee for this vacation time, you literally have a 0% risk of not seeing that money, either through continued employment or court judgment.

Its not risky in my situation, but I'm just saying it is, because most of the time it is very risky in normal circumstances to take off for a week just a week into the job.  I could hold quite a few companies accountable for breach of contract, but I choose not to, because I do not sue.  I have better things to do than to sue companies.  Plus, I would rather be wronged and be able to show the love of Christ than to get what's coming to me and miss an opportunity to nurture someone's soul or plant a seed.  My ultimate mission on this earth is not to hold down a job, although that is very vital to my mission, but the mission itself is to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to the masses.  Holding down a job is a very vital aspect to that mission, and I will admit, I have failed in that respect.  I have failed in so many areas, but God still picks me up, dusts me off, and holds my hand as I walk with Him.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »

Just a thought... did you ever think "maybe God is actually trying to teach me a lesson"?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »

Its not risky in my situation, but I'm just saying it is, because most of the time it is very risky in normal circumstances to take off for a week just a week into the job.  I could hold quite a few companies accountable for breach of contract, but I choose not to, because I do not sue.  I have better things to do than to sue companies.  Plus, I would rather be wronged and be able to show the love of Christ than to get what's coming to me and miss an opportunity to nurture someone's soul or plant a seed.  My ultimate mission on this earth is not to hold down a job, although that is very vital to my mission, but the mission itself is to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to the masses.  Holding down a job is a very vital aspect to that mission, and I will admit, I have failed in that respect.  I have failed in so many areas, but God still picks me up, dusts me off, and holds my hand as I walk with Him.

I won't even get into your thought on lawsuits, because that will cause my brain to just end itself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »

Just a thought... did you ever think "maybe God is actually trying to teach me a lesson"?

Oh, I think that everyday.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2012, 12:28:22 AM »

And what lessons have you learned?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2012, 12:53:30 AM »

And what lessons have you learned?

1) Patience - This is the biggy.
2) Thankfulness for what I do have and quit dwelling on things I do not have.
3) Total reliance on Him (Rely on Him for the strength to do my work each and every day.)
4) Taking things one day at a time (this is a hard lesson for me to learn).
5) Plan things out, but with the reality that God can and sometimes will change your plans.  James 5:14.

There are more, but those are the top five lessons I'm "studying" right now from my God.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 – I am thankful for being able to open my heart to my mother.  I finally told her tonight in depth of my plans for Kenya.  I told her about the Maisha Medical Clinic that was recently completed.  I told her about the Maisha Academy that will be starting in 2014 and the volunteer home in 2015.  I was able to tell her of my plans and how God has been speaking to me the past year about where He wants my life to head.  I told her that after the volunteer home is built that I will be spending a month down there to test it out living down there and working.  I told her how I would support myself and I told her how Utah fits into that plan.  I also reassured her that it will be anywhere between summer 2016 and summer 2018, depending on how long it takes them to build the volunteer home.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies