Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:12:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141073 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2012, 11:48:06 PM »

I thought you already "came out" about Kenya?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2012, 11:48:29 PM »

And how did she react?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »

I thought you already "came out" about Kenya?

I did, for the most part, like she knew I wanted to move to Kenya, but didn't know how I was going to support myself (valid question), or how I came to that decision.  I told her this evening why and how I've come to that conclusion.

And, Simfan, she took the news quite well.  I think she was pleased and was comforted by the fact that I now have a way to, or am very close to finalizing a way to support myself down there without becoming another mouth to feed.  She was also comforted by the fact that I'm not planning to move anytime soon.  The infrastructure is not yet in place for me to move down there and neither is this support.  The Academy has to be built first and then the Volunteer Home.  The Volunteer Home is not slated to begin for another 2 1/2 - 3 years, so it probably won't be finished until late 2016 at the earliest.  I imagine I won't test it out until summer 2017 and probably won't move there until summer 2018.  That's later than I had thought originally, but its with the latest information straight from the Maisha Director herself.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2012, 07:27:52 AM »

How do you plan on supporting yourself?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2012, 07:36:38 AM »

I imagine the Lord will provide?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »

I will be working for Maisha, and while it is mostly volunteer, they will provide the basics such shelter and food.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:30 AM »

I will be working for Maisha, and while it is mostly volunteer, they will provide the basics such shelter and food.

That is someone else supporting you, not supporting yourself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2012, 01:49:17 PM »

It would be a job that would pay.  It won't pay very much, but in Kenya, you don't need a lot of money to survive (compared to US Dollars).  If someone makes 30,000 Kenyan Schillings a year that is the equivalent of $350.  Besides, when it all is boiled down, even here in the United States and other Western Nations, one's employer is the provider of shelter, food, clothing, and the basic necessities of life as well as the luxuries.  You work for Company A and Company A agrees to pay you x dollars to buy whatever you need and that includes shelter, food, clothing.  Its no different in third world countries.  Your employer provides the basics.  The only difference is that Maisha would provide the actual shelter instead of the money to get the shelter.  Moreover, in America, in Kenya, and everywhere you go it is God who provides all these necessities.  He gives you the health and wakes you up of a morning to go to a job and perform your duties to satisfactory or above levels.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »

Moreover, in America, in Kenya, and everywhere you go it is God who provides all these necessities.  He gives you the health and wakes you up of a morning to go to a job and perform your duties to satisfactory or above levels.

No, he doesn't. I wake me up in the morning. I drive myself to my job, and I do my job that pays my bills, and provides for me.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2012, 02:32:25 PM »

Isn't that the same thing though? He works, he gets compensation.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2012, 02:45:10 PM »

I see it more as an allowence.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »

I agree with Bushie this time actually. It's not any different than if a woman becomes a nun and is "cared for" by the convent, for example.

(Not to say I believe the whole Kenya thing will work for him, I don't.)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »

She's happy it's not occurring anytime soon i.e. she's hoping it is a phase and will blow over.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »

I agree with Bushie this time actually. It's not any different than if a woman becomes a nun and is "cared for" by the convent, for example.

(Not to say I believe the whole Kenya thing will work for him, I don't.)

I gotta say I agree with him as well.  If he's volunteering to get the housing and food, he's providing for himself.  If he goes to a shelter to get housing and food, then they'd be providing for him.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

How can you provide for your future by volunteering? You can't fly back to your family without making money... you can't provide for a future family without it. It's great to want to help, but without some real funds in the bank, it could be tough.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »

Just a thought... did you ever think "maybe God is actually trying to teach me a lesson"?

Oh, I think that everyday.

And what lessons have you learned?

1) Patience - This is the biggy.
2) Thankfulness for what I do have and quit dwelling on things I do not have.
3) Total reliance on Him (Rely on Him for the strength to do my work each and every day.)
4) Taking things one day at a time (this is a hard lesson for me to learn).
5) Plan things out, but with the reality that God can and sometimes will change your plans.  James 5:14.

There are more, but those are the top five lessons I'm "studying" right now from my God.

...and yet again... the single reason why you end up falling on your face.

Ever think... that God is trying to teach you self-reliance? but you just refuse to listen?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2012, 09:34:56 PM »

How can you provide for your future by volunteering? You can't fly back to your family without making money... you can't provide for a future family without it. It's great to want to help, but without some real funds in the bank, it could be tough.

I'm not looking for it to be easy.  I'm looking for it to be doable.  Nothing in life that's worth anything comes without a price.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »

I'm not looking for it to be easy.  I'm looking for it to be doable.  Nothing in life that's worth anything comes without a price.

Well it will certainly be hard if you aren't making any real money. You won't be able to afford to travel unless you keep hitting up your parents for money!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »

Well it will certainly be hard if you aren't making any real money. You won't be able to afford to travel unless you keep hitting up your parents for money!

Like I said previously, we still have a lot of work to do.  Nothing has been nailed down and rightfully so, since I won't be there for at least another 4-6 years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »

24 hours until I'm in Salt Lake City!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »

I am about ready to hit the sack for the final time on this vacation in Oklahoma.  It will be a short night as I have to be up by 4:00 am CST to leave by 5:00 am.  My flight leaves at 7:25 am, so that gives right at 2 hours to check in and go through security and chill for a bit before boarding.  Again, I've got a 3 hour 20 minute layover in Phoenix and should land in Salt Lake City around 1:50 pm MST (that's when my plane is scheduled to land).  If all goes well, I should be to my apartment by 3:30-4:00 pm.  The weather in Salt Lake City is supposed to be low 50s and Mostly Cloudy at landing.  There is still a possibility I will be able to come home for Christmas once again.  I am not going to ask for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off, but I'm going to ask if I have them off automatically.  I will ask about Thanksgiving and New Year's at the same so it doesn't look suspicious.  If I have to work, I'm not going to ask off and will stay in Utah and work, but if I do have sufficient time off (minimum 4 consecutive days) automatically, Mom and Grandma are going to split the ticket for me to come home.  I'm not going to do anything to jeopardize my job.  I just got finished with a 6 day vacation, so the only way I'm coming home is if I have time off automatically built into the calendar.  If not, I will be working and making money.  I will ask probably Monday or Tuesday so if I can come home, we can go ahead and book the tickets before December 1 before the prices go up and the seats are full.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2012, 12:26:37 AM »

You're at a call center for Xerox doing what exactly?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2012, 07:09:28 AM »

You're at a call center for Xerox doing what exactly?

Tech Support for the US Forest Service.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2012, 07:14:39 AM »

I made it through security at Will Rogers World Airport.  It is 6:20 am CST and I am 40 minutes from boarding.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:19 AM »

What sort of work will you do in Kenya?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies