Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:12:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141081 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »

Tech Support with what?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »

More call centers? Is that the only jobs available these days?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »

I think that or restaurant work has been the only job available for decades, no?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »

I think that or restaurant work has been the only job available for decades, no?

Sad but true, opebo. Even if you have a professional degree these days.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »

There are tons of comission based sales jobs out there too if that is your inclination. Medical sales, in particular, is a huge industry.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »

IT
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »

I'm thinking of a way to become more active, lose a little bit of weight, and ease strain on my back, knees, hip, etc.  I'm thinking about taking up Yoga.  Any thoughts or suggestions?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2012, 09:34:01 PM »

There are tons of comission based sales jobs out there too if that is your inclination. Medical sales, in particular, is a huge industry.

We've already tried that, you know.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »

I don't think Bushie has ever had a legit sales job. Not saying that'd be his thing. It's certainly not mine. Now that I think about it, maybe he'd be good at fund raising. He's apparantly convinced people to support him in going to Africa and such. Perhaps he could be successful at soliciting donations for charity.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2012, 01:29:38 AM »

I don't think Bushie has ever had a legit sales job. Not saying that'd be his thing. It's certainly not mine. Now that I think about it, maybe he'd be good at fund raising. He's apparantly convinced people to support him in going to Africa and such. Perhaps he could be successful at soliciting donations for charity.

I don't do sales.  My family is not sales inclined.  We would have a hard time selling a five dollar bill for a nickel.  I tried selling term life insurance through Primerica about 7 years ago, but never got anywhere with it.  I sold two policies on my own, but one of them backed out leaving me to pay the company back.  I left Primerica officially in October 2006 after I had gone back to school to finish my degree.  I worked that along side other jobs.  I stay away from commission only pay structure as if there is no guaranteed base, I would starve.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:23 AM »

Ameriscam
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2012, 12:16:51 PM »

The criteria that memphis set forth was legitimate sales jobs.  So, that's why I didn't even bring up Ameriscam.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »

Dang it, Jeff. You should sell propane and propane accessories like me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2012, 01:37:25 PM »

Dang it, Jeff. You should sell propane and propane accessories like me.

Having some experience in the Energy industry, its something worth thinking about.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »

You're just a general IT guy for the Forest Service?  Or you help them with Xerox products.  What do you do on an average day?  I highly doubt that whatever it is, it's really important enough to warrant keeping the branch open on Christmas.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »

You're just a general IT guy for the Forest Service?  Or you help them with Xerox products.  What do you do on an average day?  I highly doubt that whatever it is, it's really important enough to warrant keeping the branch open on Christmas.

After training, I will be taking calls answering technical-related questions.  The questions will be such as, my computer won't start or I have no internet connection or I need to install a printer, etc.  Its the same thing I was doing at Dell.  The Forest Service is still using outdated equipment, so I will be troubleshooting Windows XP.  I should be on the phones by next Monday, November 26.

They keep the centers open on holidays just in case someone calls with a question.  Normally, the calls are  pretty few and far between and they usually let people go early and from what I've heard, the holiday staffing is on a volunteer basis, unless not enough people are signed up.  Xerox has a contract with the US Forest Service and if they don't keep the center open at all times, they can get fined or possibly lose the contract.  Xerox would prefer to close the center on major holidays, as they have families they want to spend time with as well, but business is business.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »

After training, I will be taking calls answering technical-related questions.  The questions will be such as, my computer won't start or I have no internet connection or I need to install a printer, etc.  Its the same thing I was doing at Dell.  The Forest Service is still using outdated equipment, so I will be troubleshooting Windows XP.  I should be on the phones by next Monday, November 26.

They keep the centers open on holidays just in case someone calls with a question.  Normally, the calls are  pretty few and far between and they usually let people go early and from what I've heard, the holiday staffing is on a volunteer basis, unless not enough people are signed up.  Xerox has a contract with the US Forest Service and if they don't keep the center open at all times, they can get fined or possibly lose the contract.  Xerox would prefer to close the center on major holidays, as they have families they want to spend time with as well, but business is business.

Why are you doing IT help on products that Xerox doesn't manufacture?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »

Um, I don't get to choose what products Xerox asks me to work on.  I choose to either be employed, or if I don't like it, I can leave.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2012, 06:49:27 PM »

Um, I don't get to choose what products Xerox asks me to work on.  I choose to either be employed, or if I don't like it, I can leave.

But that all doesn't make sense. That's like calling a Ford dealership mechanic to help troubleshoot a blender.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »

I think a lot of companies that used to make "stuff" got into managing call centers for other companies as ancillary or separate business units or divisions.  I think it is a way to streamline and leverage expertise in operations- or a.k.a. a way to have a vendor be the one to pay people peanuts and deal with headaches they don't feel like handling.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2012, 06:50:58 PM »

But that all doesn't make sense. That's like calling a Ford dealership mechanic to help troubleshoot a blender.

I'm not in the upper-tier of management who calls the shots, so I can't say why they chose this path.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

Xerox provides operations services too, you know, as another business. Haven't you seen those commercials with some motorcyclist in a wind tunnel being asked to translate papers or the Michelin Man throwing tyres at the road-monster and being asked to review documents. It's what's Patrick is saying, yeah.

Rather sad, actually. Going from making things to... employing Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »

Xerox provides operations services too, you know, as another business. Haven't you seen those commercials with some motorcyclist in a wind tunnel being asked to translate papers or the Michelin Man throwing tyres at the road-monster and being asked to review documents. It's what's Patrick is saying, yeah.

Rather sad, actually. Going from making things to... employing Bushie.

Not once, but twice!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »

Didn't you have a problem with Xerox before you moved?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »

Didn't you have a problem with Xerox before you moved?

The problem I had was the pay was extremely poor and much less than what they told me.  However, I just got paid yesterday via direct deposit for the first week of work and they did pay what they told me they would.  I'm not worried about the past, as long as I'm getting paid now what they promised me, I'm fine.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies