Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:39:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141078 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »

So, its either stick with this church and forgive this "trespass" or I stay home and do nothing.

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

So, no, you didn't say that there were a few more churches.  You said there probably were but that you hadn't found them.  You DO have options.

And what kinds of things did you buy from Walmart for your meals?  Will you be actually cooking recipes?

I do have options, but again, I'm not going to drop this church just because they didn't invite me over for a meal.

I didn't buy anything that requires a recipe, but mostly things to heat up in the oven such as frozen pizza or frozen burritos.  I know that's not healthy, but I've already got down on my next Walmart list to get stuff for spaghetti.

You know how cheap turkey is?  Not exactly that labor intensive either. Enough of the learned helplessness bull$hit.   Happy Thanksgiving.

Turkey would've been free.  As would anything else he made himself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:14 PM »

So, its either stick with this church and forgive this "trespass" or I stay home and do nothing.

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

So, no, you didn't say that there were a few more churches.  You said there probably were but that you hadn't found them.  You DO have options.

And what kinds of things did you buy from Walmart for your meals?  Will you be actually cooking recipes?

I do have options, but again, I'm not going to drop this church just because they didn't invite me over for a meal.

I didn't buy anything that requires a recipe, but mostly things to heat up in the oven such as frozen pizza or frozen burritos.  I know that's not healthy, but I've already got down on my next Walmart list to get stuff for spaghetti.

I'm not saying you shoulde leave the church, just that finding another one isn't as hard as you're saying.

And spaghetti really isn't making you own meal unless you're making your own sauce (and/or meatballs).  Boiling pasta and adding sauce is not hard.

Spaghetti is not hard, especially since I use Ragu sauce mixed in with ground beef.  I don't like big meatballs in my spaghetti sauce, so I just brown hamburger meat and pour the Ragu onto the meat and let it simmer while I boil the noodles.   It is better, though, than the stuff I bought last night and MUCH better than going out to eat.  It is a step in the right direction.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #327 on: November 21, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »

I'm not saying you shoulde leave the church, just that finding another one isn't as hard as you're saying.

And spaghetti really isn't making you own meal unless you're making your own sauce (and/or meatballs).  Boiling pasta and adding sauce is not hard.

Spaghetti is not hard, especially since I use Ragu sauce mixed in with ground beef.  I don't like big meatballs in my spaghetti sauce, so I just brown hamburger meat and pour the Ragu onto the meat and let it simmer while I boil the noodles.   It is better, though, than the stuff I bought last night and MUCH better than going out to eat.  It is a step in the right direction.

Yes, it's better than packaged burritos, but I just wante to make sure you realize that it's not really cooking.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #328 on: November 21, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

I did go to Walmart last night and got $50 worth of groceries.  I'll still be going to Golden Corral tomorrow night, but I'll be able to eat at home this weekend and most of next week.  I got enough to fix for dinner each night for a week and enough for lunches all next week.  Thankfully, the Hostess items have been removed from the shelves, otherwise I would have been very tempted to get the small powdered donuts for breakfast this weekend.  I will admit that I didn't get the healthiest food at Walmart, but I can at least save money.

Donuts? for breakfast?

When else would one eat donuts?

Afternoon snack? My mind boggles... why would you put something so sugar and calorie heavy first thing in the morning. Cereal? Fruit? Eggs?
Powdered donuts are not healthy breakfast fare.. but breakfast is supposed to be carb heavy and big.  Your body needs a boost of carbohydrates in the morning for good brain function.  You go lighter on carbs at lunch and dinner and heavier on protein.

I'd say a good breakfast might be two eggs, a piece of ham, two pieces of toast with butter and jam, and a glass or orange juice.

Or if you're in a hurry... donuts and coffee (again... there are many types of donuts, with some suited more for breakfast.. like a blueberry glazed cake donut).
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #329 on: November 21, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »

shred some carrot and finely dice some onions and celery and get some minced garlic (in a jar, refrigerated).  You could also used some diced bell pepper if you like that kinda thing.

Sautee this mixture in a heavy pan with some olive oil until it starts to caramelize a bit (just turning slightly brown).  Then add sliced fresh mushrooms and roughly chopped onion and any other veggies you like (zuchinni, eggplant, etc) Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste until you get the right consistency...
then season heavily with
Pepper
Basil
Oregano
Garlic powder
Onion powder

Add a couple teaspoons of white sugar

Add salt, a half teaspoon at a time, until it tastes right.

At this point you can add ground beef to make a meat sauce... or you could serve this plain over the pasta with some grated parmesan cheese on top.

Making your own red sauce is not hard.  Just remember... the oregano, garlic, onion, and basil are the most important flavors outside of the tomatoes.  Adding sugar is very important as it balances the tartness of the tomatoes.

Oh, and it never hurts to add a splash of red wine while you're sauteing the veggies in the beginning.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #330 on: November 21, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »

Not a bad recipe, Snowguy.  I will definitely be trying a few recipes in December and especially after the first of the year.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #331 on: November 22, 2012, 04:08:49 AM »

Not a bad recipe, Snowguy.  I will definitely be trying a few recipes in December and especially after the first of the year.

Why after the 1st of the year, out of interest? Does it take that amount of time to get used to the foreign concept?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: November 22, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »

Why after the 1st of the year, out of interest? Does it take that amount of time to get used to the foreign concept?

I'm going to start in December, but I guess you didn't read that.  I'm going to wait until January to get started full force so I can get the holidays behind me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: November 22, 2012, 02:40:46 PM »

I couldn't wait until 1:30 or 2:00 to eat.  I went to Golden Corral about 11:15 and got home around 12:00.  I'm about to take a nap as the tryptophan (sp?) kicks in.  This afternoon, I'll watch the Redskins vs. Cowboys and then I think I'll watch a Big 12 Matchup in College Football - TCU vs. Texas this evening.  Since there is no NBA Basketball on today, I'll have to stick with football.  I may watch a Christmas Movie tonight after the 10:00 News.  I do have to work tomorrow, but it will be a pitifully easy day.  We'll probably take 3 calls the entire day as the US Forest Service is closed until 8:00 am in each time zone on Monday.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #334 on: November 22, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »

BOO HISS
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #335 on: November 22, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »

I'm going to start in December, but I guess you didn't read that.  I'm going to wait until January to get started full force so I can get the holidays behind me.

Still doesn't explain why you postpone such "inconvenient" things.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #336 on: November 22, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »

Its been a pretty good Thanksgiving 2012.  I do have to go work tomorrow, but it will be a very easy day as the entire Forest Service is off until Monday.  Since it will be an easy day and it is a Friday, I will stay up and watch a Christmas Movie after the 10:00 news tonight.  Normally, I would go to bed around 11:00, but tonight, I will allow myself to stay up until 1:00 am and still get 6 hours of sleep waking up at 7:00.  I'll make sure to get my shower and read my Bible readings for Friday morning before I start the movie that way in the morning, all I have to do is shave, brush my teeth, take my medicine and leave for work by 7:35.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #337 on: November 22, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »

What about "the holidays" is it that makes it so that you have to hve prepackaged burritos instead of making your own food?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #338 on: November 22, 2012, 11:38:48 PM »

Its been a pretty good Thanksgiving 2012.  I do have to go work tomorrow, but it will be a very easy day as the entire Forest Service is off until Monday.  Since it will be an easy day and it is a Friday, I will stay up and watch a Christmas Movie after the 10:00 news tonight.  Normally, I would go to bed around 11:00, but tonight, I will allow myself to stay up until 1:00 am and still get 6 hours of sleep waking up at 7:00.  I'll make sure to get my shower and read my Bible readings for Friday morning before I start the movie that way in the morning, all I have to do is shave, brush my teeth, take my medicine and leave for work by 7:35.

So if the only thing that you do is support the Forest Service, what are you going to do all day?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: November 22, 2012, 11:59:06 PM »

So if the only thing that you do is support the Forest Service, what are you going to do all day?

Sit there in case some one calls from home. I highly doubt I will stay all day.  They'll likely do what they did Wednesday and send half of us home early.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #340 on: November 23, 2012, 01:41:45 AM »

What happened 71 years ago?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #341 on: November 23, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »

Jeff was born?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: November 23, 2012, 09:27:57 AM »

December 7, 1941 - Pearl Harbor
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: November 23, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »

But today's 23 November?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #344 on: November 23, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »

It's Bushie.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #345 on: November 23, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »

One needs to prepare for such important events.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: November 23, 2012, 10:36:40 AM »

I find the spaghetti thing too elitist even for me. Let that sink in for a moment.

Let that simmer.

Is box spaghetti too simple for you, master chefs? Do you expect us all to crank out our own handmade rigatoni?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #347 on: November 23, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »

I couldn't wait until 1:30 or 2:00 to eat.  I went to Golden Corral about 11:15 and got home around 12:00. 

What did you eat the rest of the day.......don't lie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: November 23, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »

I couldn't wait until 1:30 or 2:00 to eat. I went to Golden Corral about 11:15 and got home around 12:00.

What did you eat the rest of the day.......don't lie.

Sat around, took a nap from 1:00-4:00, and got a small McDonald's cheeseburger for supper about 6:30 and went to bed around 10:30.  Now, to figure out what's on the menu tonight...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: November 23, 2012, 07:28:23 PM »

Readings by oakvale:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1075671-what-s-on-the-menu-tonight

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1075659-bushok

One by me:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1075666-bushie-1