Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:13:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141062 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: November 23, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »

Well, today was a little busier than I thought.  It looked more like a typical Friday instead of the day after a holiday.  It allowed me to stay until 4:30, though, which is nice.  I was able to get 30 hours in this week, so while it won't be much, it is something.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #351 on: November 23, 2012, 08:00:15 PM »

All three of those are very good!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #352 on: November 23, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »

The fail is so dense in this thread that not even light can escape. What are we mere mortals to do?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #353 on: November 23, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »

The fail is so dense in this thread that not even light can escape. What are we mere mortals to do?

Give up for there is no hope...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #354 on: November 23, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »

Is that your diet motto?  You had Thanksgiving dinner at McDonald's.  And what is your reason for waiting until January 1 to start eating "healthy"?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #355 on: November 23, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »

Not a bad recipe, Snowguy.  I will definitely be trying a few recipes in December and especially after the first of the year.

Why after the 1st of the year, out of interest? Does it take that amount of time to get used to the foreign concept?

I'm going to start in December, but I guess you didn't read that.  I'm going to wait until January to get started full force so I can get the holidays behind me.

But you might be dead by then. Start now or you might never get the chance to start at all.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #356 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »

hahahahahahahaha!

sorry, I know it's cruel, but that's just far too funny...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #357 on: November 23, 2012, 09:54:52 PM »

Is that your diet motto?  You had Thanksgiving dinner at McDonald's.  And what is your reason for waiting until January 1 to start eating "healthy"?

Haha, nice try there, Inks.  I had a "regular" Thanksgiving lunch at Golden Corral at 11:00, but then I got hungry later in the evening and so upon impulse, I went to Mickey's.  If you will reread my post from earlier, I am going to get started with some light cooking in December when I go to Walmart the next time (hence, the spaghetti), but as far as full-fledged experimentation and cooking, I will wait until January so i can get Christmas behind me.  Again, I will be doing some light cooking the next 5 1/2 weeks, but I'm not going to go all out until January 2.  During the next month, I will be digging up some recipes online and will be asking my mother and grandmother for some of their recipes.  I do plan to do quite a bit of experimentation in January.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #358 on: November 23, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #359 on: November 23, 2012, 09:58:06 PM »

I got hungry later in the evening and so upon impulse, I went to Mickey's. 

...this is your idea of a diet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: November 23, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »

I'm not on a diet right now.  Even if I was, its wrong to diet on a HOLIDAY!!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #361 on: November 23, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »

Haha, nice try there, Inks.  I had a "regular" Thanksgiving lunch at Golden Corral at 11:00, but then I got hungry later in the evening and so upon impulse, I went to Mickey's.  If you will reread my post from earlier, I am going to get started with some light cooking in December when I go to Walmart the next time (hence, the spaghetti), but as far as full-fledged experimentation and cooking, I will wait until January so i can get Christmas behind me.  Again, I will be doing some light cooking the next 5 1/2 weeks, but I'm not going to go all out until January 2.  During the next month, I will be digging up some recipes online and will be asking my mother and grandmother for some of their recipes.  I do plan to do quite a bit of experimentation in January.

What do you mean "nice try"?  You did have Thanksgiving dinner at McDonald's.  The fact that you went out to 2 unhealthy places in one holiday makes it even worse.

And what is it about the month of December that means you can't make something more complex than boxed spaghetti with canned sauce with (I'll give you credit for this) browned meat?  I mean - you could make some easy things like enchiladas, your own burritos, chicken casserole.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #362 on: November 23, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »

I'm not on a diet right now.  Even if I was, its wrong to diet on a HOLIDAY!!

Yes, nothing says 'celebration' like 'random impulse binge at cheap junk food chain despite having eaten vast quantities of food already.'

If you ever here a strange near-silent sound a bit like a sobbing scream... then it's your arteries begging to be rescued.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »

jesus, so not complicated.

calories out > calories in = weight loss
calories in > calories out = more fat

the longer you bullsh**t yourself about waiting, the more "calories in" will exceed "calories out."  plus, every time you bullsh**t and wait, it turns out to have not been justified.  how can I tell?  because you're fatter than you'd have been if you'd just started immediately.  so, stop bullsh**tting and just start doing it.  I don't care about your reasons or anecdotes.  This is simple math and you are failing over and over.

First and only time I'll post in this thread, if I get the response I expect.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: November 23, 2012, 10:29:46 PM »

the longer you bullsh**t yourself about waiting, the more "calories in" will exceed "calories out."  plus, every time you bullsh**t and wait, it turns out to have not been justified.  how can I tell?  because you're fatter than you'd have been if you'd just started immediately.  so, stop bullsh**tting and just start doing it.  I don't care about your reasons or anecdotes.  This is simple math and you are failing over and over.

I guess everyone forgets that I did lose 25 pounds starting about a year ago and that in the past 8 months, I've only gained 5 pounds of that back.  I will be getting back to it starting with my next trip to Walmart which will occur on December 1.  In the mean time, I will be eating less with what I've already got, so as not to waste money.  I will be having things like the aforementioned spaghetti, soft tacos, macaroni and cheese, etc.  The reason I don't do a whole lot in December is because of the multiple Christmas parties scattered about the entire month.  This December, I will have at least 3 Christmas Parties plus a New Year's Eve Party that I know of, including Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve.  It seems as if every week, I will have something going on.  Its because of all the parties that I am not just going to sit here and do nothing.  I'm going to do what I can with the light cooking as well as walking about 15 minutes of my 30-minute lunch each day at work and parking at the back of the Walmart parking lot (or whichever store I may grace).  I will also be eliminating the regular sodas and switching exclusively to Diet Dr. Pepper, Coke Zero, and a lot more water.  I'm going to be doing little things over the next month to negate the Christmas parties.  Starting January 1, I will be looking for a yoga class around Salt Lake City.  I'm really interested in trying yoga, and I've heard while its not a major weight-loss exercise program, per se, it creates a mindset that is more conducive to losing weight.  In fact, while we are speaking, I am looking up yoga classes that I could join for relatively cheap at the first of January.  At the very least, I will be trying to find a low cost gym membership so I can use their treadmills.

I'm not going to be sitting here doing nothing in December.  I am going to get busy, I just will be stepping it up even more on January 2.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »

Starting January 1, I will be looking for a yoga class around Salt Lake City.  I'm really interested in trying yoga, and I've heard while its not a major weight-loss exercise program, per se, it creates a mindset that is more conducive to losing weight.  In fact, while we are speaking, I am looking up yoga classes that I could join for relatively cheap at the first of January.  At the very least, I will be trying to find a low cost gym membership so I can use their treadmills.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2012, 11:05:31 PM »

the longer you bullsh**t yourself about waiting, the more "calories in" will exceed "calories out."  plus, every time you bullsh**t and wait, it turns out to have not been justified.  how can I tell?  because you're fatter than you'd have been if you'd just started immediately.  so, stop bullsh**tting and just start doing it.  I don't care about your reasons or anecdotes.  This is simple math and you are failing over and over.

I guess everyone forgets that I did lose 25 pounds starting about a year ago and that in the past 8 months, I've only gained 5 pounds of that back.  I will be getting back to it starting with my next trip to Walmart which will occur on December 1.  In the mean time, I will be eating less with what I've already got, so as not to waste money.  I will be having things like the aforementioned spaghetti, soft tacos, macaroni and cheese, etc.  The reason I don't do a whole lot in December is because of the multiple Christmas parties scattered about the entire month.  This December, I will have at least 3 Christmas Parties plus a New Year's Eve Party that I know of, including Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve.  It seems as if every week, I will have something going on.  Its because of all the parties that I am not just going to sit here and do nothing.  I'm going to do what I can with the light cooking as well as walking about 15 minutes of my 30-minute lunch each day at work and parking at the back of the Walmart parking lot (or whichever store I may grace).  I will also be eliminating the regular sodas and switching exclusively to Diet Dr. Pepper, Coke Zero, and a lot more water.  I'm going to be doing little things over the next month to negate the Christmas parties.  Starting January 1, I will be looking for a yoga class around Salt Lake City.  I'm really interested in trying yoga, and I've heard while its not a major weight-loss exercise program, per se, it creates a mindset that is more conducive to losing weight.  In fact, while we are speaking, I am looking up yoga classes that I could join for relatively cheap at the first of January.  At the very least, I will be trying to find a low cost gym membership so I can use their treadmills.

I'm not going to be sitting here doing nothing in December.  I am going to get busy, I just will be stepping it up even more on January 2.

We do remember that you're lighter by 20 pounds than a year ago, but you're still severely overweight.

And 3 Christmas parties and a NYE party is your excuse for not eating healthy?  Jeff, I took 15 credits, including a grad level class, managed a student organization with weekly meetings and weekly executive board meetings, wrote a research paper, studied for, and took the LSAT, worked on a current events forum committee, wrote columns for the newspaper all during the same semester, drove home every weekend to work, and I still had time to make my own food (although generally not while I was home, since my mother tended to cook then).  Now, this isn't to say that I didn't go out, but I cooked a large portion of my meals while at school.  And it wasn't time consuming.  I could make big batches of spaghetti (homemade sauce and homemade meatballs) that would last me the week.  60-90 minutes one day and you're good for a while.  Or homemade pizza - I made a wicked artichoke and asparagus pizza.  The only time I would eat pre-packaged meals was Mondays when I only had a 50 minute break for dinner, and I would come home, microwave a pot pie, and run back to class; and this was only if I didn't have food leftover (although since I worked on weekends, I typically tried to finish off my food before I headed home Thursday nights).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »

I've eliminated the parts that are just unnecessary bullsh**tting

Calories out > Calories in.

Make Calories out as greater than Calories in as possible without: 1) Hurting yourself, 2) Ruining your life.

Are you doing that?

If not, stop typing paragraphs I'm not going to read and start now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »

We do remember that you're lighter by 20 pounds than a year ago, but you're still severely overweight.

And 3 Christmas parties and a NYE party is your excuse for not eating healthy?  Jeff, I took 15 credits, including a grad level class, managed a student organization with weekly meetings and weekly executive board meetings, wrote a research paper, studied for, and took the LSAT, worked on a current events forum committee, wrote columns for the newspaper all during the same semester, drove home every weekend to work, and I still had time to make my own food (although generally not while I was home, since my mother tended to cook then).  Now, this isn't to say that I didn't go out, but I cooked a large portion of my meals while at school.  And it wasn't time consuming.  I could make big batches of spaghetti (homemade sauce and homemade meatballs) that would last me the week.  60-90 minutes one day and you're good for a while.  Or homemade pizza - I made a wicked artichoke and asparagus pizza.  The only time I would eat pre-packaged meals was Mondays when I only had a 50 minute break for dinner, and I would come home, microwave a pot pie, and run back to class; and this was only if I didn't have food leftover (although since I worked on weekends, I typically tried to finish off my food before I headed home Thursday nights).

When did I say I wasn't going to eat right in December?  You must have misread the last paragraph I wrote.  I am going to eat properly in December to counteract and negate the parties as much as possible.  I'm just not going to go all out until January.  At no time did I say I was going to sit on my bottom and do nothing.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2012, 11:19:25 PM »

Well then my apologies for misreading what you said.

Here's a guide on how many calories you need to maintain weight (meaning to lose, you need to eat less than the magic number).  I'm guessing you fall somewhere between the first and second one:

You exercise: Almost never
Multiply your current weight by: 12

You exercise: Lightly, one to three days a week
Multiply your current weight by: 13.5

You exercise: Moderately, three to five days a week
Multiply your current weight by: 15.5

You exercise: Vigorously, six to seven days a week
Multiply your current weight by: 17

You exercise: Vigorously, daily, and you have a physical job
Multiply your current weight by: 19
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2012, 11:22:02 PM »

Well then my apologies for misreading what you said.

Here's a guide on how many calories you need to maintain weight (meaning to lose, you need to eat less than the magic number).  I'm guessing you fall somewhere between the first and second one:

You exercise: Almost never
Multiply your current weight by: 12

You exercise: Lightly, one to three days a week
Multiply your current weight by: 13.5

You exercise: Moderately, three to five days a week
Multiply your current weight by: 15.5

You exercise: Vigorously, six to seven days a week
Multiply your current weight by: 17

You exercise: Vigorously, daily, and you have a physical job
Multiply your current weight by: 19

Apology accepted.  Right now, yes, I do fall close to category 1, but come January, I plan to move it to at least category 3.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #372 on: November 23, 2012, 11:29:05 PM »

Well, remember, that number is what you need to maintain weight.  So even if you begin exercising, you don't need to increase your caloric intake.  For example, if you're at 265, and you drop your calories to 2000 per day, you'll be down to 200 after about 4 months.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: November 23, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »

Well, remember, that number is what you need to maintain weight.  So even if you begin exercising, you don't need to increase your caloric intake.  For example, if you're at 265, and you drop your calories to 2000 per day, you'll be down to 200 after about 4 months.

That would be ideal and very doable.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »

Doable for someone with even basic self-discipline ...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies