Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:09:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141080 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2012, 09:35:41 PM »

One of the good things about my job right now is apparently, the first 7 days of each month are the busiest and thus require some overtime.  Hopefully, I can get a little overtime in early December.

Oh, and if I am given a choice whether to work Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, I would choose to work as it will be easy money that day.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »

Xerox provides operations services too, you know, as another business. Haven't you seen those commercials with some motorcyclist in a wind tunnel being asked to translate papers or the Michelin Man throwing tyres at the road-monster and being asked to review documents. It's what's Patrick is saying, yeah.

Rather sad, actually. Going from making things to... employing Bushie.

Gotcha.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »

I am really looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.  This should be a short week because of Thanksgiving, but in a way, I hope I am able to work on Thursday and Friday.  I could definitely use the money and since I have already had Thanksgiving Dinner with my family, I would have no qualms with working on Thursday.  I did get my first paycheck direct deposited last Friday for the 3 1/2 days I worked before I left for Oklahoma.  I was surprised the direct deposit took hold that fast.  Usually, I have to wait a pay period or two before direct deposit takes hold.  What's more is the paycheck was more than I was expecting, $50 higher.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

I am really looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.  This should be a short week because of Thanksgiving, but in a way, I hope I am able to work on Thursday and Friday.  I could definitely use the money and since I have already had Thanksgiving Dinner with my family, I would have no qualms with working on Thursday.  I did get my first paycheck direct deposited last Friday for the 3 1/2 days I worked before I left for Oklahoma.  I was surprised the direct deposit took hold that fast.  Usually, I have to wait a pay period or two before direct deposit takes hold.  What's more is the paycheck was more than I was expecting, $50 higher.

You should volunteer to work Thursday.  It'll keep you from having dinner at Golden Corral, which is probably one of the worst things you could do for Thanksgiving.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2012, 09:51:32 PM »

You should volunteer to work Thursday.  It'll keep you from having dinner at Golden Corral, which is probably one of the worst things you could do for Thanksgiving.

I don't know if I will still be in training by then.  If I am, there is a good chance I won't be able to work.  If I'm in full production mode, I would definitely volunteer both Thursday and Friday.  Eating at Golden Corral would be better than ordering a pizza or getting a hamburger.  At least I could get vegetables at GC.  No sane person counts the lettuce on a hamburger as a vegetable serving, not even me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »

I don't know if I will still be in training by then.  If I am, there is a good chance I won't be able to work.  If I'm in full production mode, I would definitely volunteer both Thursday and Friday.  Eating at Golden Corral would be better than ordering a pizza or getting a hamburger.  At least I could get vegetables at GC.  No sane person counts the lettuce on a hamburger as a vegetable serving, not even me.

Whole Foods near Salt Lake city

Or, just in general:

Grocery stores near Salt Lake City
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: November 19, 2012, 12:03:59 AM »

Or, just in general:

I'm wanting turkey on Thanksgiving, and I don't know how to nor want to prepare a turkey just for myself, so I'll go to Golden Corral.  Thanksgiving Day is not a day to eat ordinary, everyday food.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #282 on: November 19, 2012, 12:05:43 AM »

Or, just in general:

I'm wanting turkey on Thanksgiving, and I don't know how to nor want to prepare a turkey just for myself, so I'll go to Golden Corral.  Thanksgiving Day is not a day to eat ordinary, everyday food.

What part(s) of the turkey do you eat?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #283 on: November 19, 2012, 12:14:54 AM »

I am really looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.  This should be a short week because of Thanksgiving, but in a way, I hope I am able to work on Thursday and Friday.  I could definitely use the money and since I have already had Thanksgiving Dinner with my family, I would have no qualms with working on Thursday.  I did get my first paycheck direct deposited last Friday for the 3 1/2 days I worked before I left for Oklahoma.  I was surprised the direct deposit took hold that fast.  Usually, I have to wait a pay period or two before direct deposit takes hold.  What's more is the paycheck was more than I was expecting, $50 higher.

You should volunteer to work Thursday.  It'll keep you from having dinner at Golden Corral, which is probably one of the worst things you could do for Thanksgiving.

I don't know if I will still be in training by then.  If I am, there is a good chance I won't be able to work.  If I'm in full production mode, I would definitely volunteer both Thursday and Friday.  Eating at Golden Corral would be better than ordering a pizza or getting a hamburger.  At least I could get vegetables at GC.  No sane person counts the lettuce on a hamburger as a vegetable serving, not even me.

Or, just in general:

I'm wanting turkey on Thanksgiving, and I don't know how to nor want to prepare a turkey just for myself, so I'll go to Golden Corral.  Thanksgiving Day is not a day to eat ordinary, everyday food.

Generally the white meat. (I don't know the body part).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #284 on: November 19, 2012, 12:31:52 AM »

I am really looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.  This should be a short week because of Thanksgiving, but in a way, I hope I am able to work on Thursday and Friday.  I could definitely use the money and since I have already had Thanksgiving Dinner with my family, I would have no qualms with working on Thursday.  I did get my first paycheck direct deposited last Friday for the 3 1/2 days I worked before I left for Oklahoma.  I was surprised the direct deposit took hold that fast.  Usually, I have to wait a pay period or two before direct deposit takes hold.  What's more is the paycheck was more than I was expecting, $50 higher.

You should volunteer to work Thursday.  It'll keep you from having dinner at Golden Corral, which is probably one of the worst things you could do for Thanksgiving.

I don't know if I will still be in training by then.  If I am, there is a good chance I won't be able to work.  If I'm in full production mode, I would definitely volunteer both Thursday and Friday.  Eating at Golden Corral would be better than ordering a pizza or getting a hamburger.  At least I could get vegetables at GC.  No sane person counts the lettuce on a hamburger as a vegetable serving, not even me.

Or, just in general:

I'm wanting turkey on Thanksgiving, and I don't know how to nor want to prepare a turkey just for myself, so I'll go to Golden Corral.  Thanksgiving Day is not a day to eat ordinary, everyday food.

Generally the white meat. (I don't know the body part).

The breast.  So you don't even need a whole turkey.  Any grocery store will sell turkey breasts.  A little bit of butter and some seasoning, and you'll be all set.  Here's a nice, easy recipe for you... and when you don't eat it all, you can cut some up for sandwiches, and turn the rest into soup... you'll have soup for a while, so on those nights that you're feeling lazy, you can microwave up some dinner, and it won't be terribly unhealthy.

http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/chickenturkeymore/r/turkeybreast.htm
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »

How is it that someone has gotten to 30 and is so completely helpless!

Cooking is not hard...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2012, 12:54:36 AM »

Jeff, to show I'm sincere in trying to help you, I'll make you a deal.  Anything that you buy and cook yourself (so if you make mashed potatoes, you have to buy actual potatoes, not that instant stuff), I will personally pay for.  I'll even throw in canned cranberry sauce, since that can't be easy to make (although I'd advocate for the alternative: cranberry relish, which is phenomenal).  I'm serious - anything that you buy for Thanksgiving and cook yourself, I'll send you a check to pay for.  If you want lobster, go out and get lobster.  I'll pay for it.  But you have to cook it yourself.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2012, 01:34:42 AM »

Perhaps Bushie should apply for Meals on Wheels.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »

I'm cooking a dinner today/tonight for tomorrow. It's really simple. But for once, I'm gonna side with Bushie. If I wasnt going to just sit around and get my drunk on, I wouldn't care about a diet for Thanksgiving.

Now, I wouldn't go to the GC. Mainly because I'm creepers'd out by buffets. I don't want random people coming up and touching and picking at all the food. Now, I know that people at a restaurant will be touching my food, but at least I can't see it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »

I'm cooking a dinner today/tonight for tomorrow. It's really simple. But for once, I'm gonna side with Bushie. If I wasnt going to just sit around and get my drunk on, I wouldn't care about a diet for Thanksgiving.

Now, I wouldn't go to the GC. Mainly because I'm creepers'd out by buffets. I don't want random people coming up and touching and picking at all the food. Now, I know that people at a restaurant will be touching my food, but at least I can't see it.

But this isn't just for Thanksgiving.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »

Jeff, to show I'm sincere in trying to help you, I'll make you a deal.  Anything that you buy and cook yourself (so if you make mashed potatoes, you have to buy actual potatoes, not that instant stuff), I will personally pay for.  I'll even throw in canned cranberry sauce, since that can't be easy to make (although I'd advocate for the alternative: cranberry relish, which is phenomenal).  I'm serious - anything that you buy for Thanksgiving and cook yourself, I'll send you a check to pay for.  If you want lobster, go out and get lobster.  I'll pay for it.  But you have to cook it yourself.

Don't waste your money...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »

But this isn't just for Thanksgiving.

Yeah.. true. Now I'm wishing I was going to be home for Thanksgiving. I miss Ma Dukez turkey dinner. Eh, one year I'll make it home for the Holidays.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2012, 09:33:20 PM »

It was a great day at work!  I found out some holiday information.  I will be off this Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  I will also have December 22-26 off, so guess what... I am coming home for Christmas!!!! I've already booked the flights with cancellation insurance.  I will be leaving Salt Lake City at 6:00 am on Saturday, December 22, 2012 and arriving in Oklahoma City at 10:41 am with a short layover in Denver.  I will be leaving to come back home on Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 11:15 am and arriving in Salt Lake City at 7:32 pm with 2 layovers in Denver and Phoenix.  I will only be home for 2 days, and it will be my final trip home until the late Spring or Summer, but I will be home for the holidays!!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »

And will you be taking me up on my Thanksgiving dinner offer?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: November 19, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »

And will you be taking me up on my Thanksgiving dinner offer?

I do appreciate the offer, but I will decline.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2012, 12:07:33 AM »

Bushie, have you joined a church in Utah? People are usually willing to extend an invitation on Thanksgiving if you make it known that you have nowhere to go. Cause the thought of you eating Thanksgiving dinner at Golden Corral by yourself is so damn depressing. No offense.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2012, 12:13:40 AM »

Bushie, have you joined a church in Utah? People are usually willing to extend an invitation on Thanksgiving if you make it known that you have nowhere to go. Cause the thought of you eating Thanksgiving dinner at Golden Corral by yourself is so damn depressing. No offense.

Yes, I have joined the First Southern Baptist Church of Salt Lake City.  I didnt ask anybody as I hate inviting myself.  I've already had my Thanksgiving Dinner for 2012.  It is depressing, but I'll be going home for Christmas so the Holidays won't be a total loss.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »

Yes, I have joined the First Southern Baptist Church of Salt Lake City.  I didnt ask anybody as I hate inviting myself.  I've already had my Thanksgiving Dinner for 2012.  It is depressing, but I'll be going home for Christmas so the Holidays won't be a total loss.

No one invited you, or at the very least asked you what your plans were for Thanksgiving?  What sort of depressing antisocial church do you go to?!?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »

No one invited you, or at the very least asked you what your plans were for Thanksgiving?  What sort of depressing antisocial church do you go to?!?

I know, that's so weird. I had 3 people at a bar that I go to asking what my plans were, and saying I was welcome to come over if I didn't have any plans. Who said bars are bad things?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2012, 07:59:14 PM »

I haven't been there long enough for people to get to know me.  I first went there in middle September, but then missed the next 3 Sundays due to moving from the hotel to the apartment and my mother coming in.  I went the 2nd and 3rd Sunday's in October, then missed the next three weeks due to not feeling well, oversleeping, and vacation.  Out of the past two months, I have only been there a total of 4 Sundays.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies