Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141666 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: December 09, 2012, 10:52:21 PM »

Yes, it's cooking in its absolute bare form... I guess it's slightly better than "cooking" toast.  But real cooking involves more than shaping something and flipping it over in a pan.

I'll agree its not cooking a huge meal, and whether it is actually healthier or not is immaterial to this one main thing, and this is a biggie in its own right, it SAVES MONEY!! It saves me about on average $7-$9 for a fast food meal that is a lot worse than what I had.  Tomorrow after work, I plan to go to the grocery store and get another pound of ground beef and fix the spaghetti.  I may get two pounds of meat so I can fix tacos either Tuesday or Wednesday night.  If I can spend about $5 for 2 pounds of meat (hypothetically, mind you) that would end up saving me another $10.  Keep doing that and I'll suddenly get more comfortable in my finances!

You saved $7-$9 on a cheeseburger?  Goodness, how much do you spend when you eat fast food.  A half pound of hamburger meat would be what... $2, plus maybe $0.25 for the buns.  So your cost of this meal was roughly $2.25... so you're telling me that you spend $9.25-11.25 when you eat fast food?  That's like 2-3 value meals or 9-11 dollar menu items.

I spend on average about $8-$9 per meal, depending on where I go.  So, take $9 and subtract the $2.25 for the meal and that's $7 give or take.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #676 on: December 09, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »

Bushie I hope you're putting some sort of vegetable on these burgers or eating them on the side or something...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #677 on: December 09, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »

Yes, it's cooking in its absolute bare form... I guess it's slightly better than "cooking" toast.  But real cooking involves more than shaping something and flipping it over in a pan.

I'll agree its not cooking a huge meal, and whether it is actually healthier or not is immaterial to this one main thing, and this is a biggie in its own right, it SAVES MONEY!! It saves me about on average $7-$9 for a fast food meal that is a lot worse than what I had.  Tomorrow after work, I plan to go to the grocery store and get another pound of ground beef and fix the spaghetti.  I may get two pounds of meat so I can fix tacos either Tuesday or Wednesday night.  If I can spend about $5 for 2 pounds of meat (hypothetically, mind you) that would end up saving me another $10.  Keep doing that and I'll suddenly get more comfortable in my finances!

You saved $7-$9 on a cheeseburger?  Goodness, how much do you spend when you eat fast food.  A half pound of hamburger meat would be what... $2, plus maybe $0.25 for the buns.  So your cost of this meal was roughly $2.25... so you're telling me that you spend $9.25-11.25 when you eat fast food?  That's like 2-3 value meals or 9-11 dollar menu items.

I spend on average about $8-$9 per meal, depending on where I go.  So, take $9 and subtract the $2.25 for the meal and that's $7 give or take.

What did you buy for $9?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #678 on: December 09, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »

What did you buy for $9?

Usually going to Wendy's and grabbing a 1/2 pound double cheeseburger with mustard, pickles, and lettuce, medium fries, and a large coke.  Nothing which is good.  McDonald's was actually my cheapest place with my meal usually costing $6.68 with tax plus pounds of grease.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #679 on: December 09, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »

Bushie I hope you're putting some sort of vegetable on these burgers or eating them on the side or something...

No, they were the main course.  I just had a slice of cheese on each one, no lettuce or pickles or any other vegetables.

Since I don't like tomatoes or onions, that leaves just lettuce and pickles as the normal hamburger toppings.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #680 on: December 10, 2012, 01:00:43 AM »

Frozen vegetables aren't difficult to find and prepare, and they taste a lot better than hamburgers. Might be worth a thought...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #681 on: December 10, 2012, 02:33:23 AM »

No, they were the main course.  I just had a slice of cheese on each one, no lettuce or pickles or any other vegetables.

Since I don't like tomatoes or onions, that leaves just lettuce and pickles as the normal hamburger toppings.

like half your plate is missing bro
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #682 on: December 10, 2012, 02:42:40 AM »

does the government actually expect me to drink milk with every meal?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #683 on: December 10, 2012, 02:48:20 AM »

Well, any sort of dairy. Cheese or yoghurt or whatever. Though that does seem like a lot of dairy. I know I don't eat anywhere near that amount.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #684 on: December 10, 2012, 02:53:42 AM »

There would be hell to pay from certain Members of Congress if the government started telling people they don't need to consume as much dairy as they have been.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #685 on: December 10, 2012, 03:00:14 AM »

Here, Jeff, you should create a profile here: https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #686 on: December 10, 2012, 03:00:40 AM »

Why am I being attacked for doing something different?  Am I not allowed to even touch a single hamburger ever again?

Yes, it is cooking.  It is getting the skillet out, spraying it with PAM, shaping ground beef into patties and throwing them in the skillet.  It involves standing over the stove until they are done.  So, yes, IT IS COOKING!!!!!!!!  At the very least, its better than blowing money at a fast food joint.

1. You're not being "attacked".

2. It's not cooking.

3. It's better than McDonalds, but most things are.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #687 on: December 10, 2012, 03:28:51 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2012, 03:35:30 AM by memphis »

Step in the right direction. Good job! I'm a major cheapskate, so I applaud the saving money thing too. You may want to try a higher quality of beef, which will be leaner only slightly more expensive. If you use whole wheat buns, you'll get fiber which makes you feel full, makes it easier to poop, and substantially lowers your risk of colon cancer. It's bit of an acquired taste, so go with it a few times. Ditch the cheese. It's just extra fat. I like to put fresh spinach leaves on hamburgers instead of lettuce. More flavor and more vitamins.
New recipe for you. Only slightly more difficult than hamburgers. Put some uncooked chicken parts on a baking sheet along with cut up pieces of potato and carrots. Pour a small amount of bbq sauce on top. A little bit goes a long way. Bake at 350 for about half an hour. Boom. Cheap, tasty meal. Leftovers microwave very well. I would also boil some broccoli (just for a minute) seperately just to get a veggie in, but I'm willing to see you take baby steps.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #688 on: December 10, 2012, 03:33:50 AM »

Step in the right direction. Good job! I'm a major cheapskate, so I applaud the saving money thing too. You may want to try a higher quality of beef, which will be leaner only slightly more expensive. If you use whole wheat buns, you'll get fiber which makes you feel full, makes it easier to poop, and substantially lowers your risk of colon cancer. It's bit of an acquired taste, so go with it a few times. Ditch the cheese. It's just extra fat. I like to put fresh spinach leaves on hamburgers instead of lettuce. More flavor and more vitamins.
New recipe for you. Only slightly more difficult than hamburgers. Put some uncooked chicken parts on a baking sheet along with cut up pieces of potato and carrots. Pour a small amount of bbq sauce on top. A little bit goes a long way. Bake at 350 for about half an hour. Boom. Cheap, tasty meal. Leftover microwave very well. I would also boil some broccoli (just for a minute) seperately just to get a veggie in, but I'm willing to see you take baby steps.

Wouldn't the carrots and potatoes be vegetables? (Although some classify "starches" as non-vegetables, but that's a minor debate).
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #689 on: December 10, 2012, 03:40:57 AM »

New recipe for you. Only slightly more difficult than hamburgers. Put some uncooked chicken parts on a baking sheet along with cut up pieces of potato and carrots. Pour a small amount of bbq sauce on top. A little bit goes a long way. Bake at 350 for about half an hour. Boom. Cheap, tasty meal. Leftover microwave very well. I would also boil some broccoli (just for a minute) seperately just to get a veggie in, but I'm willing to see you take baby steps.

Wouldn't the carrots and potatoes be vegetables? (Although some classify "starches" as non-vegetables, but that's a minor debate).
Well, there's no scientific definition of what counts as veggie. I don't "count" corn, peas, potatoes and such. I like to have spinach, broccoli, asperagus, or brussel sprouts with any decent meal that I make for myself. Although, to be honest, I'm just a likely to have ramen noodles or a bowl of cereal for dinner.  Too lazy to cook everyday Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #690 on: December 10, 2012, 04:08:26 AM »

Well, there's no scientific definition of what counts as veggie.

Well, that's not true, but now we're getting off topic. Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #691 on: December 10, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2012, 09:38:24 AM by Grumpy Santa »

Did you use organic, locally-sourced ground beef?

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #692 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:51 AM »

NASO
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #693 on: December 10, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »

I just read a few pages, and unless I'm missing something I do not understand why so many here consider this enrapturing.  Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #694 on: December 10, 2012, 11:22:57 PM »

The same reason The Sims is one of the most popular games of all time, I suspect.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #695 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »

I just read a few pages, and unless I'm missing something I do not understand why so many here consider this enrapturing.  Tongue

You missed the earlier seasons. Those were the real classics. Summer of 2010 was too amazing for words.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #696 on: December 10, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »

Don't you get it?  This is Young and the Restless, General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, the Bold and the Beautiful, As the World Turns, and Guiding Light all mixed together with a little Fear Factor sprinkled in!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #697 on: December 10, 2012, 11:28:46 PM »

You're a "liberal" now Jeff?  I think a more apt description might be "confused."  I would suggest just "growing up," but then I have a Peter Pan syndrome myself, so that would be "projecting," and that would be just so wrong, so I won't!  Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #698 on: December 10, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »

You're a "liberal" now Jeff?  I think a more apt description might be "confused."  I would suggest just "growing up," but then I have a Peter Pan syndrome myself, so that would be "projecting," and that would be just so wrong, so I won't!  Smiley

Compared to my facebook friends, I am extremely liberal.  Compared to this forum, I'm a Bible-thumpin' Conservative.  So, our friend and fellow poster politicus, I am a "Bible-thumpin' Liberal".  I sigged it and made it my profile name.

You are that rare species: a Bible-thumpin' Liberal.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #699 on: December 10, 2012, 11:40:07 PM »

Don't you get it?  This is Young and the Restless, General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, the Bold and the Beautiful, As the World Turns, and Guiding Light all mixed together with a little Fear Factor sprinkled in!

Not in my eyes. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies